Anaheim, CA

Servite High School 2

Posted September 21, 2014
This school is overrated. People say it is great and prepares you for university, but I have found my son unprepared. The teachers don't care, and neither does the administration. I would never recommend anyone to send their son here.

Posted February 10, 2013
As a loving parent, and alumni of Servite, I take great pride in supporting the strong faith based community and formation of young men as leaders. Servite strives for excellence in our young men, and the spirit and pride continues year after year. I am proud my children are a part of the story's and tradition of the Servite order. Credo!

Posted December 18, 2012
I graduated from Servite several years ago and feel the education and life skills learned there still help me now as a physician. Of course, results may vary but the school does an excellent job at making sure its students have to skills to succeed at anything. I was not thrilled at the "all boys" part but it did make the environment less distracting. Kids act differently when there are no girls to impress. I credit the school as being the key factor in getting a full ride to UCSD! I will try to send my two boys there in 11 years or so if I'm in the area.

Posted May 19, 2011
I understand if your son didnt enjoy Servite and ill be the first to say that its not for everyone. But dont penalize one of the better schools is southern california because YOUR son didnt understand or embrace being a Servite Friar. Its and amazing school and i have nothing to say but good things.

Posted February 03, 2011
Servite is definitely not what I expected, it is much better. I am currently a transfer student and I love it. My first day of school I felt like I had been apart of a brotherhood, both the students and the teachers were especially patient with me. And the vibe here is a happy one. I am already part of 3 clubs, 2 sports and think of joining more. The teachers here know what they're doing and the staff is the friendliest I've seen. Everything is built aroound leadership and not what the 2 below me said about the sports. Yes, we have a few scholarship athletes for football. But also baseball, lacrosse, soccer,basketball, and definitely wrestling. But we also have many more students receiving scholarships to many schools including Ivy League schools. For the most part, send your son here regardless his specialty and he will have an unforgettable experience and education. (Did I mention that our theater and choir are among the best in the country. And that 99% of Servite grads go on to college, 40 to Ivy League schools.)
2 people found this helpful

Servite High School 2

Posted May 26, 2010
Servite on paper has a great reputation. However having a son recently graduate Servite has grade inflation compared to public schols. Servite will get you ready for the Cal State system no problem.They do a great selling job on the school all centered around their football program no other sport in school matters. If you yuor son is going to play football he will have a great time at the school if not it is not worth the money invested to attend.

Posted February 11, 2010
Servite High School is a wonderful College Prep-school. It is the foundation for life in a boy, and will prepare young men for their future.

Posted December 19, 2009

Posted November 24, 2009
Servite is an excellent school with high classroom standards and high ethical standards. The Men of Servite learn more than classroom activities. Keep in mind that Servite is a College Prep School. The faculty of Servite strongly encourages athletics and other after school activities. Not only does Servite have a tradition of strong athletics but the school always has highly ranked Debate Teams, a great theatre program, unlimited clubs and a world class Formation Program that teaches the boys leadership via faith. There is always an activity going on at Servite and something for all boys. I would strongly suggest Servite to any parent that is serious about a quality education for his/her son. Lastly, Servite is a strong part of the community. The students run an organization called Mary's Kitchen that serves the homeless each week. This is run by the students with oversight by the faculty. Credo!

Posted September 03, 2009
Our son graduated from Servite in June and will be attending UCLA in the honors program starting this month. Thanks to this excellent education, our son had his choice of several top schools, many who gave him merit based scholarships. Servite is an amazing environment for a boy to grow into a fine young man. Their leadership and formation programs are without equal. Our son matured intellectually and emotionally with the dedicated guidance of the teachers, administration and staff. They know and care about every young man on campus. We went in hoping he would get a great education. He came out with not only that, but a true understanding of what it takes to be a leader. On top of that, he has friends for life. It is a brotherhood. Worried about the tuition? It will be the best money you ever spent.

Servite High School