9-12|Private

Bad
Good

The 8/15 comment is a bitter parent. Coach Morris is a great man respected by many student athletes & families, and he's done a lot with far less talent than other Trinity schools. We all know some parents are delusional in their child's athletic ability and take it out on the coach instead of accepting reality. Or they're helicopter parents who don't understand successful coaches are not soft. Most Servite families are excellent, but the shameful behavior of some sports families gives us a bad reputation. And everything starts at the top. President Pete Bowen invites this mob mentality and classless behavior. He doesn't value or stand behind his employees. He's single-handedly driven out some quality people and will surely continue to do so. His priorities contradict Catholic teachings. We hope teachers don't leave in droves. We've been very happy with the majority of them - worth far more than they're paid. The school has a very rich tradition in forming "Faith Filled Leaders". And God Bless Coach Larry Toner. Hopefully he stays on campus for a very long time - he's what Servite is all about!

Academically, this school is the business. I find some of the teachers, should re-evaluate why they are teaching but there's bad apples everywhere. Overall, administration, counselors & environment are great. There are two complaints I have; they need to get rid of those antiquated lap tops and become an apple based school. They need to lose the head basketball coach. He's crazy, stuck in his ways and doesn't promote team think, its all about individual and that's unfair to other players. He has guys scared to play for fear they'll be pulled out of the game. You should not have favorites and you can't get different results when you employ the same style. His style and unwillingness to grow is why the team is not a contender in the trinity league. Good bye Morris

This school is overrated. People say it is great and prepares you for university, but I have found my son unprepared. The teachers don't care, and neither does the administration. I would never recommend anyone to send their son here.

As a loving parent, and alumni of Servite, I take great pride in supporting the strong faith based community and formation of young men as leaders. Servite strives for excellence in our young men, and the spirit and pride continues year after year. I am proud my children are a part of the story's and tradition of the Servite order. Credo!

I graduated from Servite several years ago and feel the education and life skills learned there still help me now as a physician. Of course, results may vary but the school does an excellent job at making sure its students have to skills to succeed at anything. I was not thrilled at the "all boys" part but it did make the environment less distracting. Kids act differently when there are no girls to impress. I credit the school as being the key factor in getting a full ride to UCSD! I will try to send my two boys there in 11 years or so if I'm in the area.

Servite is a sports academy, if that is what you are looking for the school may work for you. If your son is willing to devote 50+ weeks every year to his sport, and he is a standout athlete, he may be allowed to compete for the school. If you are looking for academic excellence, not so much. Yes, there are scholars at Servite but the energy of the faculty from the president and principal on down is providing funds and resources to the football program, not producing National Merit Scholars. Case in point-The primary lesson a good student takes away from his chemistry class should not be to never take another class in chemistry. I am guessing if you were willing to donate $15,000/year to Oxford or Troy your son would be welcomed with open arms and he might have a chance to be a National Merit Finalist.

I understand if your son didnt enjoy Servite and ill be the first to say that its not for everyone. But dont penalize one of the better schools is southern california because YOUR son didnt understand or embrace being a Servite Friar. Its and amazing school and i have nothing to say but good things.

Servite is definitely not what I expected, it is much better. I am currently a transfer student and I love it. My first day of school I felt like I had been apart of a brotherhood, both the students and the teachers were especially patient with me. And the vibe here is a happy one. I am already part of 3 clubs, 2 sports and think of joining more. The teachers here know what they're doing and the staff is the friendliest I've seen. Everything is built aroound leadership and not what the 2 below me said about the sports. Yes, we have a few scholarship athletes for football. But also baseball, lacrosse, soccer,basketball, and definitely wrestling. But we also have many more students receiving scholarships to many schools including Ivy League schools. For the most part, send your son here regardless his specialty and he will have an unforgettable experience and education. (Did I mention that our theater and choir are among the best in the country. And that 99% of Servite grads go on to college, 40 to Ivy League schools.)

Servite on paper has a great reputation. However having a son recently graduate Servite has grade inflation compared to public schols. Servite will get you ready for the Cal State system no problem.They do a great selling job on the school all centered around their football program no other sport in school matters. If you yuor son is going to play football he will have a great time at the school if not it is not worth the money invested to attend.

Servite High School is a wonderful College Prep-school. It is the foundation for life in a boy, and will prepare young men for their future.

Last modified Servite High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12