No rating

Anaheim Hills Montessori School

Private | K-6 | 47 students

Living in Anaheim

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $426,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $2,080.

Posted June 30, 2014

My son goes to Anaheim Hills Montessori...I am very thank ful to this school because of his teacher Ms Grace! it is amazing to see how much knowledge he has gained within a year. he already knows all the alphabets..he can spell his name . He can count till 30 knows most of his counting. His coloring is outstanding. he even knows the name of the seven continents..I get so happy when I look at him learning more than his age! we truly love this school ! and love Ms Grace too...Thanks to Ms Chintha to have such an amazing teacher!

Posted April 24, 2014

My twins attend this school, which is an unbelievably great school. My children started in the preschool class and in 7 months have nearly learned how to read. This is not only due to the Montessori method, but definitely due to the skills of the Teacher, Ms. Grace, and the owner, administrator, Ms Chinta. This school has the talent to teach children, whether they are open to learning or not; whether they are helped in the home or not. I cannot say enough about Anaheim Hills Montessori. I would recommend it to anyone in a heart beat and have recommended it to all my friends. I am lucky to have found this school. Like all mothers, I toured many schools including Fairmont and Heritage Oak, somehow, I knew Anaheim Hills Montessori would be a great fit. I never imagined that the teacher, Ms. Grace could have this kind of ability. I am a lucky parent and so HAPPY. If you're looking, please try it. I think you will have to write a review as well because you feel grateful and are yearning to give back. Sangeeta

Posted April 8, 2014

This school is outstanding. My daughter is in 7th grade and currently attends El Rancho. My son still attends Montessori. This school teaches your kids about many useful information. The teachers really care about the kids. The school is not large, but I think it is one of the best.

Posted April 22, 2012

This is the best private school in Anaheim Hills. Both of my children started school here at the age of 2. My daughter had successfully completed her education from preschool thru 6th grade here and She was placed in the honors program at El Rancho Charter School. My son is still attending school here and continues to do well. Their annual state tests show they are advanced in all areas. The teachers are devoted to their children and always available to meet with the parents. They are very patient and supportive. The principle is a well-organized and approachable person. If you are looking for a loving and caring environment, this is the one. I believe the best gift I can give to my children is the Education as it lasts for a lifetime.

Posted January 8, 2012

After visiting 16 schools between Anaheim Hills and Huntington Beach, this school was a breath of fresh air. Very pleased.

Posted September 22, 2011

I interviewed 6 preschools in the area before choosing this school for my two daughters. If academics are important to you, this is the ONLY school in Anaheim Hills for you! Within 1 month my oldest daughter was reading - at age 4! Now she is in public school and the material they require her to do is a FULL YEAR behind Anaheim Hills Montessori. As far as I am concerned, this school would be the perfect test study for how to fix our education system. Teach to each child's ability and don't be afraid to challenge them - even at 4! Both of my daughters could read, write, add and subtract BEFORE entering Kindergarten. A+ in my book!

Posted April 12, 2011

Very dispointed. The principal was very unprofessional. NOt child-centered and nuturing. If you're looking for home away from home for your loving youngsters, this is a wrong place.

Posted December 17, 2010

We are very pleased with this school. We have 2 boys who currently attend this school. One in first grade and the other in primary class- preschool. The teachers and staff are very approachable. They are always available to speak with you regarding your child's progress. I have a nephew the same age as both my boys in public school/preschool and the things they are learning compared to public education is non-comparable. We are very impressed with this school and will continue to recommend this school to others.

Posted October 21, 2010

This school is phenomenal. The teachers truly care and the academic level is very high. I have 3 kids that have attended & will be attending here and I continue to refer friends and family to this school. The environment is clean, friendly and the teachers & principal are easily accessible & readily available to speak. I leave my children there with no worries and know that they are in great hands. I have a network of at least 20 families who share my enthusiasm for this school and it's education.

Posted May 5, 2010

I totally agree with the rated posted April 26,2010 and December 14,2009. This school director is very un-professional when it come to respect and answer the concerns to the parents. Anyway, This school is far worster than any public school in the Anaheim hills area. I already transfer my two kids from this school to Hillsborough Private School in Anaheim hills. So far, I am please with the school and the principle. I suggest any parents in the Anaheim Hills area , specially who have kids in the Anaheim hills montessori school, please take your kids out of this school and move them to either public school or Hillsborough Private School. Thank you all

Posted December 14, 2009

Don't be fooled by its looks. I have seen public schools that offer much more than this school does. The students are taught through rote memorization, and rarely does the teacher use even the white board as a visual aid. The 'computer time' is just word processing. They don't even have internet access, which I feel is essential to the success of our children in today's society. I would encourage parents to ensure that their children retain at least the same rights as they would have in public schools, such as the right to use the restroom whenever they need to. These are not guaranteed in the private school setting and are dealt with poorly at this school, in my opinion.

Posted January 7, 2009

This school is not child-centered or developmentally appropriate for early education. The administration was not responsive to my concerns in these areas. Teachers are not accessable to parents. The curriculum focuses on memorization and out-of-date teaching practices. My child was not happy at this school and is now a successful GATE student in the public school system. She was treated quite poorly.

Posted October 11, 2007

We love AMA. Our son went here for 2 years and only because we moved away did he stop. Even though we are now 20 miles away, we are still thinking about sending him back to AMA. Well rounded with Academic time and play time. We highly recommend AMA.

Posted May 8, 2006

High academic programs. Nice facilities.

Posted April 29, 2005

My child will be attending the school. I will let you all know the outcome.

Posted April 20, 2005

Both my kids are attending Anaheim Hills Montessori. My oldest child has been at this school for 4 years. It has always been a great school. Great education. My oldest is in 3rd grade and there are only four other kids her age. That is one of the reasons we will be leaving this school.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 67% 11%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Mrs. Chintha Jayaratna
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Nonsectarian

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Montessori

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

6274 Santa Ana Canyon Road