Juarez (Benito) Elementary School

Public | K-6

Living in Anaheim

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $350,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,670.

Posted June 25, 2014

There is a really big diffentence since Dr. Baeza left. He used to be seen everywhere. The lunch tables were organized. We moms stand in the park and can't believe how different the school was this last year. The noise level at the lunch tables is unbearable. Mrs. Roman is not that well liked probably because noone can tell she's the principal. When you hear her speak or say things to the kids, you can tell she's trying to show she's in tune with the kids but they don't respect her like they respected Mr. Baeza. How can the district allow someone to ruin what another has done? It just is so obvious who has leadership and who doesnt. I hope they change this principal soon before my little cousins are ready to go there. The district did a bad thing putting in Mrs. Roman.

Posted August 5, 2013

This is a wonderful and really great school i honestly have loved all of the years i spent there i have been going to Benito elementary since about 2nd grade and i really love the teachers and the staff members they are incredibly generous and polite they make you feel like family. The principle is amazing well was bc he just got transferred sadly and it was horrible because Dr.baeza had helped Benito Juarez so much and had been a great principle through all those years and brought up our test scores by at least 180+. I really enjoyed being at that school they have gotten me so far and helped so much and they surely will do the same with their future students for i am already going to middle school! This is an amazing a really recommend taking your students to this school. In fact this school can help you so much i know this because my mothers BOSS went to Benito Juarez as a child then to south,then to Katella and now he successfully owns his own law and governing business. This is an amazing and i really loved going to this school i really think that this school had a perfect balance between education and having fun and doing activities.Its a lovely school i guarantee it.

Posted June 26, 2012

My daughter just finished her Kindergarten year at Juarez. The principle is a wonderful leader and holds high standards for the teachers. The school staff is welcoming and very friendly. We are part of the Dual Immersion program and have met wonderful families that care about their children's education and are very involved. My daughter can't wait to start her 1st grade year!

Posted June 8, 2012

My children love coming to school at Juarez. This school has raised test scores from low 700's to 816! This was all under the direction of the new principal, Mr. Baeza. I know my children will be prepared for the future. Besides raising test scores, he has started new activities such as Lunch with a Loved One and Family Friday. This has helped connect the school with the families. I know everyone at Juarez cares about my children.

Posted June 7, 2012

Our principal, Mr Baeza has shown great leadership and involvement in the education of our kids. I'm very encouraged by him and all our teachers as they challenged our kids to reach a higher goal. Parent involvement is essential if our aim is to teach more than just the standards. Parents, get involve!! Get to know your teachers & administrators!!! YOU are part of your children's education!!

Posted April 4, 2011

I couldn't be happier with the level of education that my children are receiving/have received. I feel the school offers a challenging curriculum with many after school activities. I am pleased with the leadership and feel that the principal cares about the students. The teachers are helpful, caring, and truly wants what is best for my child. All in all, this is a great school and I would suggest it to any parent.

Posted February 16, 2011

I would not mind speaking with you about the mix-up with the honor sign that we give to STAR Honor students. This review (message) is being submitted by Mr. Baeza, the school principal. Please stop by to speak with me or make an appointment to ensure that I am available. I can also be found around campus. I hope we can speak about what happened with your child and somehow make it right. I can't undo the hurt feelings but I would like an opportunity to hear out what may have happenened. Thank you!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted February 4, 2011

My two kids go to this school. I specifically choose this school for them because all I saw were nothing but great reviews. But they have really disappointed me this time!!!!! My daughter who just got a "honor student award" sign at a assembly was just asked to return it because they made a mistake and she didn't deserve it. I understand if you made a mistake but do you really have to ruin the child's hopes this way? She is extremely sad and all I can tell her is you did a great job!!! All I can say is where is this schools remorse?

Posted July 15, 2010

I am a former "Beaver". All my former teachers were and still are great! Trust me, if and when you enroll your child to Benito Juarez he/she will sure to love it!

Posted November 1, 2009

My son went through all grades K-6 and every teacher was great. My dauther is currently in G-5 and doing great. Her teachers have been great as well.

Posted August 16, 2009

I feel this school worrys more about money than a child learning.

Posted July 13, 2009

I love this school my daughter who will be in 3rd grade GATE program loves to go to school and has had a wonderful experience so far I was not keen on the idea of a public school I was leaning toward private school, but I find that the entire staff truly cares about the Students, i do wish that they had music my daughter loves to sing, but they do have a running club and the clue me in club maybe soon they will have choir, they did have a end of school talent show.

Posted April 30, 2009

I love this school! I had my child in a school that had a rating of 9 and was completely underwhelmed! The staff is totally amazing. The teachers couldn't be better. I expect that Juarez will be rated higher and higher every year. The teachers care about the students and it shows every time I am on campus. My child loves learning, and that is the best I could ever expect. This school totally outshines the 'blue ribbon' school my child was in.

Posted April 26, 2009

This school is a great one. They have caring and helpful teachers and also a wide variety of after school programs for students. The school atmosphere in this school is very nice and appropriate. If any parent lives in Anaheim, i suggest them this school for their young child to attend.

Posted December 16, 2008

I have to agree that there are too few enrichment opportunities at Juarez. The focus is primarily on reading but both my kids are proficient readers. The schools scores have increased, the teachers are great and the new principal is outstanding (the VP too) Hopefully, the budget will improve and the extra-curriculars will increase. They also need to improve math instruction. (A few great teachers, but also a few who hate math and are not very good at it)

Posted December 9, 2008

I love this school its clean nice theres great students and wonderful teachers!!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted January 8, 2008

I have had some disappointments with them, but I m sure that is true with all schools! I did decide to leave my girls there mainly because of the redistricting they have done! Most of the kids now that go there live in the neighborhood. I ve been told they expect a big jump in their scores this year! I really hope so, my children really love it there, and all the staff have been very helpful!

Posted September 9, 2007

Benito Juarez has gone through major improvements over the years. As a former student myself, I must say that the school is starting to get more serious about education and raising test scores. This school is one of the best schools in the district with a helpful teachers and caring adminstrators. Also a brand new and beutiful campus. The GATE program here is also made wonderful changes over the year with higher cirriculum and also offering grades 3-6 for GATE and not require GATE students to transfer.

Posted August 20, 2007

My experience with the school was very negative. I had a terrible time trying to get services for my ADHD/ADD children (have two) Hope you parents out there have better luck.

Posted July 31, 2007

Within city of Anaheim. Benito Juarez is a great school, great teachers, helpfull office staff and great organization & best of all 'It's brand-new'

This school's
API score

824

Change from
2012 to 2013

API Statewide Rank
(2012)

API Growth scores over time

Did this school meet the API goal this year?
  • This school met the state goal of 800.

API Growth scores by subgroup

Did this school meet all the API goals for student subgroups this year?
  • This school met all student subgroup API targets for 2013

Change from 2012 to 2013
API Statewide Rank
(2012)

6 / 10

API Statewide Rank (2012)

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 56% in 2013.

95 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

95 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 46% in 2013.

89 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 66% in 2013.

89 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 65% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 72% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 60% in 2013.

90 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 57% in 2013.

90 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 60% in 2013.

122 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

126 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students55%

• Cecilia Roman
Fax number
  • (714) 517-9235

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

841 South Sunkist Street