Anaheim, CA
Students enrolled: 3,337

Anaheim High School 4

Posted November 28, 2010
I am an alumni and would have loved to send my children to Anaheim, but we chose to move out of the District because the schools were not favoring well about ten years ago. Two of our four graduated from a highschool in a more affluent district, and are now in college. We have since moved back home to Anaheim, and have enrolled our two youngest in the Anaheim public school system; one in elementary and one in high school. My 14 year old had a memorable year as a freshman at Anaheim High and made great relationships with his teachers and coaches. He also met some terrific kids who come from really good families. We are waiting for GATE test results for our youngest, and are hopeful that will work out in his favor. Your child can prosper at any high school if he/she wants to. The school is just a building, but a building with lots of tradition that you will not find at any other school in the city of Anaheim. The alumni are dedicated to Anaheim High School, and that in and of itself sets this school apart from the rest of the school in Anaheim. I am very excited that my 14 year old will get to make great memories, as I did, at AHS.

Posted November 09, 2010
Anaheim High School was built over one hundred years agon on the standard of excellence and accomplishment. But over time, the community has ceased to meet this standard and has slowly started giving up on their children's educations. But the teachers here at Anaheim are amazing; they are the best people I've ever met. They are determined and motivated to push their students towards excellence and want all of their students to succeed. The teaching faculty is simply the best there could be, they are the most deserving and caring people there can be. If Anaheim wins even a little money, it can drastically change the scope of the school and will undoubtedly benefit the students and teachers.

Posted July 20, 2010
My son will be entering his junior year. I find this school has really improved their standards as I myself use to attend and graduated with Honors from Anaheim. The staff is much more involved and have tighten their and tightened their rules from when I was a student there. Their couseling department has many programs for college bound kids! The school campus looks better than I can remember. Its now up to the students to put in their efforts to make Anaheim what is alwauys should have been!!

Anaheim High School 4

Posted February 18, 2010
This is a fairly good school. Our kids seem to be doing quite well. As parents we make sure to follow their grades on Zangle and if they start to slip we get right on them. They enjoy playing sports and know in order to do that they have to have the grades. Kids are going to get out of school what they put in. Regardless of whether they go to Anaheim or any other high school, ultimately the decision will be theirs on if they want to graduate or not. If they are not there learn and look into a positive future they will set themselves up to fail. I've seen kids from broken homes make it because they have the will and drive to do it. My only problem with Anaheim is that there is not enough parent participation.

Posted December 21, 2009

Posted November 09, 2009

Posted October 01, 2009
Its the best school in the district and the students are great and the teacher as well are awesome!

Posted August 25, 2009
Well, after reading all of the written reviews of other former students and past alumni, as well as parents I understand why it is that people feel like this school is lacking parental involvement because I also believe this. I am a cheerleader at this school for the 09/10' yr and I would REALLY love to see students get MUCH more school spirited. I moved from another school my junior yr (08/09 school yr) and I was saddened by the complete lack of SCHOOL SPiRIT!!! I would definately change the school's reputation and maybe even get some if the parents involved! The school has FINALLY been remodeled and I am very very excited for the 09/10' schoolyear!! My last, and hopefully my best out of the two yrs I will have been attending. Let's go Colonists!! :)

Posted August 03, 2009

Anaheim High School 0

Posted April 30, 2009
Hello everyone, I am a current student in Anaheim High School. Anaheim High School is a fairly good school. The student involvement is Excelent. I am a Cheerleader and from my point of view, the teacher involvment and the Principles involvement is verry good as well. When we have pep rallies everyone goes and supports our shool. When we had the bell game, everyone was there supporting our school and our football players. Eventhough we lost, our hope was present and still is to this day. And as for perents who think that this is a bad school, consider this it is not the schools fault that your student cannot over acheve their goals. You are what you are no mater what school you attend. And if you are not capable of putting your 110 percent into making the best out of what you have, i feel sorry for you.

Anaheim High School
811 West Lincoln Avenue, Anaheim, CA  92805
Last modified Anaheim High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Anaheim High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top