Posted April 19, 2013
My family is a 3 generation Seahawk:) We love Salk just like family:) Keep up the good work Seahawk Staff. If you live within the area you don't want to miss out on having your kids attend this school:) You won't be dissapointed! Dr. Jones Salk is the BEST:)

Jonas E. Salk Elementary School 3

Posted April 25, 2012
Does anyone remember Claudia Kenney she went to this school in approx 1963? We are looking for pictures from this time of our mother that has passed some time ago. Thanks in advance for any help!

Jonas E. Salk Elementary School 3

Posted June 14, 2011
My children have all gone to Salk and I love to say the Office Clerks are the nicest , always helpful - Chris and Andrea Thank you for always being so kind to my children and us parents.

Jonas E. Salk Elementary School 2

Posted May 03, 2011
I attended Jonas Salk in 1995-1997. I would love to say that I liked attending, but that wasn't the case. I'm a native Spanish speaker, and every time I would say something in Spanish to one of my classmates, who also spoke Spanish, the teachers would yell at us and MAKE us speak English. I felt embarrassed of my culture because of this. No child should EVER feel that way.

Posted November 06, 2010
My sisters and I were a student back in 1962 - 1963. When people say where were when John F. Kennedy was shot, i can say i was in the play ground there at school. Even thou I was young It sticks in my head. I had so many good memories, like I worked in the kitchen making bread and cookies. It was here that my mom was in the Look Magizine for fighting the phonics program in the district. But most of all was the Holiday Pagents. I will never forget my time there. David Pedal

Posted May 15, 2010
i WENT TO THIS SCHOOL BACK IN 1983 IT IS STILL TO THIS DAY ONE OF MY DEAREST, HAPPIEST MEMORIES. THE HALLOWEEN CARNIVALS, THE TORNATOE DITCHES (SCENCE COVERED UP), IT WAS, AND STILL IS ONE OF MY HAPPIEST MEMORIES. JONAS SALK WILL ALLWAYS BE THE BEST WE SING, JONAS SALK, JONAS SALK, JONAS SALK HOORAY!

Posted May 04, 2010
My son loves their teachers,his friends there,and the playground thats why im voting for this school.

Posted December 10, 2009
Great school they are completely different, now they focused on all children learning they have a spirit day and have the whole school meet in the Quad every friday and its something all kids look forward to.

Jonas E. Salk Elementary School 1

Posted April 20, 2009
Some teachers are excellent, like Mr. Kieber & Mr. Thomas, and the office secretaries are very nice, but others do not give as much effort to the students. The principal, Dr. Von Sprecken, seems too focused on her reading programs. I completely agree that reading is good, but she did not give attention to other aspects of the schol and community. I often felt like my child did not get that much attention in certain great levels. I saw very few parents volunteer & for the most part the parents do not take the time to get to know their child's teacher. The students are constantly tested, and although the teachers do their best to prepare them for these tests, it seems to be lots of tests and not a lot of quality learning. I feel the school has a poor culture & sense of family.

Posted March 30, 2007
- a former student

Jonas E. Salk Elementary School
1411 South Gilbert Street, Anaheim, CA  92804
Last modified Jonas E. Salk Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jonas E. Salk Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top