Bad
Good

Posted June 14, 2016
Such a greayt school! My children transfered from Fairmont. The teachers and staff are amazing. School spirit and parent involvement are amazing!! best switch I could of made for my kids!

Anaheim Hills Elementary School 3

Posted March 24, 2014
School teachers are good, but the principal is too busy policing the parking lot to do a good job. My kids are stuck in this school because of where we live, I am hoping to get them out of it because the traffic is crazy and people park to go hiking and there are no places for parents to park. I think the school district needs to do something before someone gets hurt!

Posted September 21, 2013
The staff is a group of hard working, caring people who put in a lot of their own time to make sure the children recieve the best education. The PTA does a fantastic job providing what low income schools get, but we don't. Love this school.

Anaheim Hills Elementary School 2

Posted August 22, 2013
We have had at least one kid at this school for the last 9 straight years so I know the ins and outs for sure. The only thing keeping this school from 5 stars is the principal, miss miller. She would rather be anywhere but here and it shows. Not only is she sour, surly, and indifferent, but she is mean and petty too. I have heard her talking about how fat this teacher is and how old that one is in front of kids. She academically weak as well, you can look at the decline in the cst scores since she came yourself if you want. The teachers are a different story though, and some are simply amazing! Mr Clagg, and Ms Lampe are true stand outs. The parents are involved, the facilities are excellent and the playground is fun. Get rid of Miss Miller and this school will be top notch! Take it from this old man, after all, 9 years is a long time.

Anaheim Hills Elementary School 4

Posted August 21, 2013
I have had 2 children at AHES for three years now. I love AHES. The teachers are amazing. The 1st grade tram is very strong and teach not just academics but self esteem. The principal is affective however I think she tries to please the parents more than she should. PTA keeps great programs in the school although they can come on strong. It's for the good of the children and that's what counts. I think everything about this school and the way the admin and faculty work together is wonderful and in the best interest of the children. The only concern I have had is the diverse student population and that there are special need students in mainstream who need need aides but don't have them. This leaves the teachers dealing with a lot and with 30+ kids in a class it takes away from the learning. Lastly they need to have GATE or an enrichment program here so students don't have to go to another school.

Posted April 22, 2012
My personal opinion based on my family's experiences at this school over the past six years. PROS: * Mostly EXCELLENT teachers. Only a couple who don't seem fully engaged. * Friendly and supportive staff throughout. * Principal is communicative and involved at every level * Active PTA who make huge efforts to supplement the lousy state budget. * Smart Boards in every classroom! * Kids enjoy Art Masters and a bit of music. * Fun & educational after school activities for the kids * Safe neighborhood CONS: * Strange building layout * Tiny parking lot * District lunch program is less than appealing. Personally, I wish they had a more current computer room with a dedicated technology teacher. I would also love to see laptops in the classrooms, but it's a public school doing the best they can with the tiny budget. The upper grades do some homework on the computer, which I like very much. The PTA has provided Smart Board technology for all of the classrooms so that is a big bonus. All in all, it's a wonderful school and I am happy my children are thriving here.

Anaheim Hills Elementary School 4

Posted January 30, 2012
I was a public school teacher and now I am a parent volunteer at AHES and I want to respond to the 1/23 post. This poster brought up many points that are not accurate and I speak from experience. 1.The principal is standing outside for carpool to keep our children safe. She mans the crosswalk, helps student in and out of cars and keeps them clear of the road, and keeps traffic moving. I see her do this every day. 2.Teachers are not punting their job off on the parent volunteers. This is not possible. You have no idea how much work, time, and planning goes with being an affective teacher. The volunteers are there to help the teacher and that's what they do. 3.The PTA hasn't asked for any money since the direct donation drive in the fall. They did raise a lot of money, but nowhere near they amount they needed to fund all the programs we are use to and some programs will be cut. The Jog-a-thon was organized by the principal. That was the school asking for money, not the PTA. 4. Saying the office staff are busy bodies is laughable. I am in the office at least once a week and I have never seen this behavior. Our school is not one of the absolute worst schools in Orange County.

Posted January 25, 2012
I have been a teacher here for a long time and would like to thank the many parent volunteers that we have. The post on 1/23/12 regarding teachers punting their work off onto the parents upsets me. ONLY teachers know how much work it takes behind the scenes to make this a wonderful school. Our parents and office staff are a huge part of that. So, thank you! Our rising test scores and dedication to our students and job should speak for itself. We give more than 100% everyday even with the pay cuts we have been receiving. My w2 for 2011 shows $7,000 less per year since 2009 yet we still work the extra hours to ensure the children get what they need. ..because we love our jobs and YOUR children.

Anaheim Hills Elementary School 1

Posted January 23, 2012
One of the absolute worst schools in Orange County. I have grown children and grandchildren. The principal does not do her job at all. Her main concern is standing outside for carpool and schmoozing. I would like to feel sorry for the teachers because they have so many kids but they have tons of parent volunteers and they punt their job off on the parents. PTA is horrific!! They said they would cut back fundraisers if the parents gave a one time donation up front and they raised tens of thousands of dollars. Shame on us for believing them!! It's relentless!! Go anywhere else if you can. The office staff are busy bodies who make major mistakes that are harmful with no consequenses.

Posted October 31, 2011
I have two children in the school and have been nothing but impressed. The teachers are top-notch and the administration is organized and focused on the children.

Anaheim Hills Elementary School
6450 East Serrano, Anaheim, CA  92807-5034
Last modified Anaheim Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.