Glenview Elementary School 5

Posted February 03, 2013
We love Glenview Elementary. Our new principal, Mr. Plascencia, is fabulous. He is a fair and caring disciplinarian. He is out around campus interacting with students, teachers, and parents. We have been at Glenview with three children since 2007. We transfer our children to attend this school. We have been pleased with the time spent by our children in the classes of Mrs. Mell, Mrs. Leiken, Mrs. Burguan, Ms. Doke, Mrs. Sullivan, Mrs. Dominguez, Mrs. Flenniken, Miss Olson, and Mrs. Bradley.

Posted January 02, 2013
My daughter went here when she was a kinder. Not a diverse school, more towards the middle to upper class. Therefore, if you are toward the lower class and has a child that struggles, the school won't provide much support. They are more focus on test scores and how to get rid of those who are not at the level. We had to transfer her to another school in order to get the help she need. Plus, there aren't that much diversity on the staff end so expect to feel out of the water and gang up upon; if you are a different nationality.

Posted March 10, 2011
I moved to this school district in 2006 my older daughter who is now 15 started 6th grade here, her teacher was not the most aptitute, he was not as aware of what was going on as I think a teacher should be, the kids at the school however were EXTREMELY mean spirited and continue to be until this day, as I still have a 9 yr old there, while my 9 yr old daughter had a great 1st grade teacher Mrs. Doke, she was AMAZING, and her 3rd grade teacher Mrs. Dominguez was just as amazing, as to her teacher this yr Mrs. Finn, she leaves something to be desired, my daughter comes home crying everyday and I am told by other childfren in the class that she is always yelling at my child, and she uses sarasm as a way to deal with her, saying things like "thanksfor being so helpful, go pull your yellow card. I had a discusion with her about is, which she was yelling at me on the phone, very unprofessional, telling me she didn't hate my daughter, which I had NEVEr stated that to her. I have asked my daughter be put in another class but to no avail, after today though I WILL NOT be allowing my daughter to go to that classroom again. VERY DISSAPOINTED IN THIS SCHOOL!!!

Glenview Elementary School 4

Posted September 17, 2009
Both my sons have attended this school since we moved to Yorba Linda in 2007. I have seen both my sons grow academically since they began attending Glenview. As to extracurricular activities, I agree that is not the administrator's primary responsibility. The quality of the education is the most important. Both my sons attended chess club and enjoyed it. The principal has been very supportive of Cub Scouts, so I feel the comment about the principal not supporting clubs and such is not accurate. Maybe the parent who posted that comment should do something about it, if they feel strongly enough to post a negative review. Maybe they should volunteer to lead a club.

Glenview Elementary School 1

Posted April 07, 2009

Posted February 07, 2009
Funny that I should have a chance to write this comment as I came across this site while researching for a new school for my son. Glenview has become a real disappointment. Our principle sets the pace for the teachers and they have taken the fun for learning out of the school. It is run like a detention center and not a school for young children to grow and learn.

Posted September 18, 2008
The teachers are nice and care about the kids' education. However the administration is focused on decreasing liability rather than increasing education.

Glenview Elementary School 5

Posted August 23, 2008
I agree with the last posting. My children have attended Glenview since K and they are doing great. The primary roll of the principal is to see that they are educated in a safe environment. Exta activities are the responsibility of the PTA and parents. We have a great PTA and a list of activities that happen over and above the regular school program. No sure what some of the parents are expecting? Let's understand what the function of the school is.

Glenview Elementary School 4

Posted August 21, 2008
My children have been at Glenview for the past 4 years, and the principle and my family have had many great interactions. If the parents would like to see more extra curricular activities, I suggest they show up and contribute to the PTA to help raise money for these activities.

Glenview Elementary School 0

Posted May 17, 2008
My children have attended Glenview for awhile. We have seen changes with the principals and the current one has cut off many activities the school used to have. He lacks interaction with the children and parents.

Glenview Elementary School
1775 Glenview Avenue, Anaheim, CA  92807
Last modified Glenview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Glenview Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top