Anaheim, CA

Posted May 04, 2015
Absolutely AMAZING teachers and staff.....been here for 12 years and counting My children have always enjoyed everything the school has to offer

Glenview Elementary School 4

Posted April 03, 2015
As a past student I have very fond memories of my childhood at Glenview. Every teacher here goes over and beyond their duties. Teaching the children a sense of community and caring towards one another. Fast forward to present day, i have had a younger brother go through Glenview and now my younger sister is in the third grade there. I have spent many years volunteering for events that are held at Glenview and am always impressed with the care put into each one. The staff always keeps the children first in mind and that is what every school should do! After all it is all about the children and giving them the best education while keeping it fun and entertaining for them. I cant wait to send my own son there for Preppy K, so that he can be apart of such a great school that my family has been apart of for many years.

Glenview Elementary School 3

Posted March 09, 2015
Glenview Elementary is a school with amazing potential, hidden gem. The last several years have been rough, but the district has finally realized the issues were of major concern and the school needed a lot of TLC. They brought in our new Blue Ribbon principal Kelli Keller and she is fantastic! This school has such a warm feel and school spirit is on the rise. It's so exciting! We are so ready for what's to come!

Posted February 03, 2013
We love Glenview Elementary. Our new principal, Mr. Plascencia, is fabulous. He is a fair and caring disciplinarian. He is out around campus interacting with students, teachers, and parents. We have been at Glenview with three children since 2007. We transfer our children to attend this school. We have been pleased with the time spent by our children in the classes of Mrs. Mell, Mrs. Leiken, Mrs. Burguan, Ms. Doke, Mrs. Sullivan, Mrs. Dominguez, Mrs. Flenniken, Miss Olson, and Mrs. Bradley.

Posted January 02, 2013
My daughter went here when she was a kinder. Not a diverse school, more towards the middle to upper class. Therefore, if you are toward the lower class and has a child that struggles, the school won't provide much support. They are more focus on test scores and how to get rid of those who are not at the level. We had to transfer her to another school in order to get the help she need. Plus, there aren't that much diversity on the staff end so expect to feel out of the water and gang up upon; if you are a different nationality.

Posted March 10, 2011
I moved to this school district in 2006 my older daughter who is now 15 started 6th grade here, her teacher was not the most aptitute, he was not as aware of what was going on as I think a teacher should be, the kids at the school however were EXTREMELY mean spirited and continue to be until this day, as I still have a 9 yr old there, while my 9 yr old daughter had a great 1st grade teacher Mrs. Doke, she was AMAZING, and her 3rd grade teacher Mrs. Dominguez was just as amazing, as to her teacher this yr Mrs. Finn, she leaves something to be desired, my daughter comes home crying everyday and I am told by other childfren in the class that she is always yelling at my child, and she uses sarasm as a way to deal with her, saying things like "thanksfor being so helpful, go pull your yellow card. I had a discusion with her about is, which she was yelling at me on the phone, very unprofessional, telling me she didn't hate my daughter, which I had NEVEr stated that to her. I have asked my daughter be put in another class but to no avail, after today though I WILL NOT be allowing my daughter to go to that classroom again. VERY DISSAPOINTED IN THIS SCHOOL!!!

Glenview Elementary School 4

Posted September 17, 2009
Both my sons have attended this school since we moved to Yorba Linda in 2007. I have seen both my sons grow academically since they began attending Glenview. As to extracurricular activities, I agree that is not the administrator's primary responsibility. The quality of the education is the most important. Both my sons attended chess club and enjoyed it. The principal has been very supportive of Cub Scouts, so I feel the comment about the principal not supporting clubs and such is not accurate. Maybe the parent who posted that comment should do something about it, if they feel strongly enough to post a negative review. Maybe they should volunteer to lead a club.

Posted February 07, 2009
Funny that I should have a chance to write this comment as I came across this site while researching for a new school for my son. Glenview has become a real disappointment. Our principle sets the pace for the teachers and they have taken the fun for learning out of the school. It is run like a detention center and not a school for young children to grow and learn.

Posted September 18, 2008
The teachers are nice and care about the kids' education. However the administration is focused on decreasing liability rather than increasing education.

Posted August 23, 2008
I agree with the last posting. My children have attended Glenview since K and they are doing great. The primary roll of the principal is to see that they are educated in a safe environment. Exta activities are the responsibility of the PTA and parents. We have a great PTA and a list of activities that happen over and above the regular school program. No sure what some of the parents are expecting? Let's understand what the function of the school is.

Glenview Elementary School
1775 Glenview Avenue, Anaheim, CA  92807
Last modified Glenview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Glenview Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top