Posted October 27, 2013
Woodsboro Elementary in Anaheim, CA is a 2012 California distinguished school. I am so pleased that both of my children have been able to spend their entire elementary years at Woodsboro. I have notices that the Core Cirriculum that is now being practiced allows a more thought based teaching and learning style, rather than just rote memorization. This style of learning actually seems to involve the students more, including them in class discussions, which allows them to learn at their own pace, rather than having a set pace pace to follow for the Cirriculum, which can be hard for many children to keep up with. One of my children is Gate eligible, and the other child has previously needed a bit of extra help in math and reading, but they have both succeeded in the Core Cirriculum program. I really love it... The people who are afraid of it need to just give it a chance, I think they are afraid of change!

Posted October 27, 2013
I have lives in this neighborhood since before my kids were born. I will not move because I love Woodsboro so much! I is a California Distinguished School 2012! Also, it has a family like atmosphere where everyone knows everyone. Mrs. Mann, the Office Secretary, Knows the name of every child in the school! She makes everyone feel important and special. There are amazing teachers in the school, including Mrs. Hawkins and Mr. Gailey to name my favorites. I really am enjoying the Common Core Curriculum that is being used this year! I feel that it has been a positive change for everyone. It allows the teachers to determine how much time is needed to be spent on a specific area of learning before moving on, rather than rushing through all of the topics in a certain amount of time. It also includes the children in the classroom discussion more than before. I would move to this area just for this school! It is amazing!

Posted January 21, 2013
I am so glad we found Woodsboro Elementary school. Unfortunately my daughter has only attended for 5th and 6th grade but the school faculty and administration are excellent. My daughter had Mr. Warman for 5th grade and Mrs. Hawkins in 6th. Both are exceptional. Our experience is that the parents are involved, the school is quite pretty and Mrs. Mann who runs the front office is AMAZING. We just adore her. You won't go wrong sending your kids here.

Posted July 06, 2012
We moved to the area so our son could attend Woodsboro & it was the best thing we could have ever done! We are very pleased with the new principal and all the positive changes we see happening. We congratulate Woodsboro for being named a 2012 distinguished school! They really deserve it!

Woodsboro Elementary School 1

Posted January 17, 2011
There are some caring teachers at Woodsboro; however, this school is a poor excuse for a GATE magnet school. Depth, complexity, and differentiation are completely lacking.

Posted September 19, 2008
Woodsboro is a fantastic school. We have a a wonderful principal and wonderful teachers. The GATE program is what brought our family to this school 2 years ago. It felt like home from day one. I would highly recommend this school for all children. I believe your child will definitely excel academically as well as socially.

Woodsboro Elementary School 3

Posted August 09, 2008

Posted June 02, 2008

Posted May 21, 2008

Woodsboro Elementary School 1

Posted December 10, 2007

Woodsboro Elementary School
7575 East Woodsboro Avenue, Anaheim, CA  92807
Last modified Woodsboro Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodsboro Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top