Anaheim, CA
Before care: Yes

St. Justin Martyr 4

Posted April 02, 2014
St. Justing Martyr is a great Catholic based school. I have seen my son, a first grader grow in his faith and discipline. The curriculum itself is good, they are challenged and supported in being leaders and independent. Teachers a very giving of their time and with short experience so far has been very positive. I am looking forward to our son's third year at St. Justin.

Posted September 30, 2013
As a parent you want the best for your children. I was very confused about what to do about finding a school for my daughter when I had to go back to work. I started my research at public & private schools. Public schools did not have a choice about daycare. My employer would not wait for an answer while I was on a wait list. I found SJM to be the best fit. They offered daycare and it fit my work schedule. It is extra money, but it pays off as I see my daughter s progress. It is worth it. Before Kindergarten was over she had learned to read. I was amazed. She surprised me when she wrote a thank you card to thank my co-worker for a gift. When we go to church she used to pretend to write something by scribbling. One day she called me to see that she had written a note on the prayer request book. To see her communicate by writing her thoughts and appreciation on paper amazed me as a parent. I keep a picture of what she wrote on my phone. I can just imagine what she ll learn in the years to come. Thank you Ms. Parton, Kinder teacher and Ms Himesha, for all your efforts on helping my daughter accomplish all she has. Thanks to all the SJM staff. Grateful parent

Posted August 27, 2013
SJM School is the best I ever experinced in 25 years. I recommend it to families that care about their children.

St. Justin Martyr 1

Posted July 30, 2013
The teachers at this school range from the very good to the very bad. And since there is only one class per grade you will inevitably get a bad teacher. Since all Catholic schools charge pretty much the same high prices why chose one that has very limited facilities (no A/C, no playground equipment, PE in the parking lot ...)? There is a very high turnaround of students at this school. And the constant MANDATORY fund raising will drive you crazy. Be very suspicious of a batch of rave reviews all submitted around the same date.

Posted July 13, 2013
St. Justin Martyr School: I am the grandmother of a 4th grade student at St. Justin Martyr School in Anaheim, CA. My daughters attended the school and graduated in 1992 & 1994. St. Justin Martyr School represents our community very well. The students are treated with respect and return that respect to the faculty, staff, and parents. The school is WASC/WCEA accredited and has retained that accreditation for all the years I have been associated with the school. The community and religious activities are family oriented emphasizing Catholic values. The current school administration is dynamic and open to new ideas. For 2013-14 the art fine arts curriculum has been expanded to include the study of VanGogh, Monet, & Picasso. The language arts curriculum is reviewing possible expansion of it's Spanish curriculum. St. Justin Martyr School is on the move and on target for its strategic plans identified five years ago. We look forward to enrolling my granddaughter in 3 more years and seeing my grandson graduate from St. Justin Martyr School. SJM grandmother

Posted July 10, 2013
I graduated from this school many years ago and I knew that my children would follow in my footsteps. As far as Catholic education SJM is prenominal at instilling those values in our children. SJM is like a family, we watch out for each others kids and we help each other through all of life's little bumps, and celebrate the good moments together, The Iowa test scores speak for themselves in how well our children rank as compared to others. As far as the negative reviews posted, consider the source, every single negative review has misspellings and grammar errors. I don't trust to opinions of the inarticulate.

Posted July 10, 2013
SJM has been a huge part of our lives! My eldest just graduated and has loved every minute of it since Kindergarten, and my other one loves his class! The teachers are wonderful and always willing to help- just keep the communication lines open. I am very involved with the school and haven't had any problems. The school is like family- If you don't feel that way it's because you aren't involved. Change for the good doesn't happen if you just sit there and complain! The school is up and running better than ever! FYI we will have a playground when school starts this year. Don't listen to those bad reviews and come see for yourself what a great school SJM is!

Posted July 10, 2013
We get exactly what we pay for from SJM. I have two children that attend the school and I absolutely love the school. Academically my kids are more prepared than their friends that are in public school. Also, my kids and their classmates are more respectful than public school kids. I see it when we go on field trips or any other outside events. The students begin the morning with an assembly and an opening prayer. They pray continually throughout the day. Religion and Academics are in everything the kids do. 5th Grade and up are able to play sports for the school. SJM competes against all the other Catholic schools in Orange County. My kids are not old enough to play, but they get a real sense of belonging and school pride, because they are able to attend games and root for their team (Flag Football, Basketball, and Volleyball, etc..). The only down side is the lack of AC in the classrooms. This is only for like a month, and if it is too hot the Principal will call a half day of school. SJM is a great family to be a part of and because of the wonderful parent involvement, there will be a new playground installed before the new school year begins. Thank you SJM!

Posted July 10, 2013
SJM has been around for over 50 years and it is still going strong. It has suffered many obstacles due to economic and financial strains. Yet, it is still standing proud and strong. As an alumni parent of St. Justin Martyr School I can see the long lasting effects the school has impressed upon my son and now my daughter (who graduated this year). From extraordinary teachers and staff, great parents and lasting friendships that carry on past high school. One teacher in particular made a very positive impact on his life. She inspired in him the love of God and the importance of education. The principal encourages parent involvement. She knows how important parents are to the school s success. This is why SJM is the only remaining Catholic elementary school in Anaheim. Parents and teachers work together for the success of the school.

St. Justin Martyr 1

Posted July 08, 2013
Worst year ever...my child went to school this year thinking, she was not appreciated, nor understood by the classroom teacher. Principal is in for her staff, not for her students. There is bad teachers everywhere, in public school and private schools too. SJM is not the exception. Quite of few families have pulled their kids fro SJM, including myself. Either to public schools in the area or non-sectarian sector. Our children are tested and they are waaay below grade level. What happened, who to blame? If administration was already advised of a non competent teacher, and nothing has been done about it. My advise to you parents out there school shopping for your children, stay away from SJM, where your children won't excel, nor will be heard as an individual. There's no AC, no play equipment, no up-to-date technology, our children are falling behind the new era. Most of all, the priority is their non-fitted teacher who made my child's school year so miserable. My advise to parents shopping for a school for their child, you are better ff staying in the public sector. They have so much more to offer your child as a whole. As a taxpayer you already pay for free education for ALL.

St. Justin Martyr