K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

The other five star reviews are correct. All of the staff and personnel at this school are dedicated and caring. St. Catherine's Academy offers their students opportunities that they cannot get at other schools in terms of early language classes such as Spanish lessons in the fourth grade, music lessons, and other extra curricular activities. They have small class sizes, which helps with a student who struggles academically.

If you are at all considering putting your son in this school, DO NOT HESITATE! You will not find another school that will dedicate time, compassion and overall genuine caring for your child. I love the small class sizes and individual attention giving to my son. Every child is held accountable and truly taught how to be responsible. The military instruction they receive is age appropriate so don't let that scare you off. I truly wish they went through high school because I would most definitely send my boy there!

I have been involved in teaching and educational administration, for the past 30+ years and out of all the schools I personally attended, or taught at, St. Catherine's is easily, without any qualification or reservation, one of the very finest schools on the West Coast for elementary education. The biggest mistake we made with our son is that we did not enroll him at this school from day 1. It is an absolutely incredible place to send you child. A parent could not ask for anything more. The administrator, Sister Johnellen is a tremendous woman, and the faculty/staff are also absolutely stellar. If you have a boy and want to provide for him an exceptional education St. Catherine's is the ONLY school to have him attend. One a scale of one to ten ---with ten being the top highest mark - I would give the school a 20. Its completely off the scale. The Catholic Diocese for Orange County should be EXTREMELY PROUD of Saint Catherines. I feel most fortunate my son was able to attend this school.

St. Catherine's is truly a unique and wonderful school with a proven track record in academics, sports, leadership and spirituality. Having attended the school 30+ years ago, I have first hand knowledge of this school. And now that I am older, I have come to really appreciate what St. Catherine's taught me so early in my life. I encourage parents to really consider what St. Catherine's has to offer - I remain grateful to this day.

St. Catherine's is an amazing, special place. The teachers and staff honestly care about the boys. They have high expectations for the students. The student - teacher ratio is excellent. My son could not be happier.

It's an amazing school! My son changed in so many ways, he became responsible, respectful and a fine young man. The leadership skills they offer at St. Catherine's are wonderul.

Everyting we could ask for in a school! The Sisters and teachers care about us and our children. My sons have been able to focus and learn self-discipline and have fun at the same time. I like the stability of a school that has been successfully helping students learn for 120 years. Needs more parents to be involved in a positive way.

Great Military Program in terms of fostering leadership, character and honor. Average Academic Program - teachers are rigid and not innovative; academics definetely need serious upgrading to be on par with comparable schools. Quality of Teaching staff needs to be reviewed! Language Arts & Math are without a doubt the strongest. Athletics are OK..need to add other sports. Tech resources are improving.

Excellent music program, exceptional Athletics. Great place for and active boy!

I love how peaceful the 8 acre campus is! All the boys were so nice and all said 'hi'. It is great to find a school with so many Nuns!

Last modified St. Catherine's Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-8