Posted October 28, 2014
The school continues to go down hill. The leadership is not strong. They are not willing to try new ideas. They are hurting so bad that money is their priority. The same test are given year after year no new curriculum. Same science project for 4th grader as 8th graders. Not worth the money. Change leadership you'll get changed results.

Posted August 17, 2014
I am proud to send my daughter to Zion. The teachers, Principal, and even the office staff are loving and caring. My daughter loves going to school and is doing really well there. It isn't as expensive as most private schools. It's required for each family to complete volunteer hours, and I dreaded it at first. It actually turned out to be fun. I got to know the staff, students and parents through volunteering and it allowed me to spend more time with my daughter.

Posted August 03, 2014
This is a great school. They really care about the students. The teachers and principal are great. They have a great sports and music program. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Posted August 03, 2014
My son has been going to Zion for the last 8 years. He really loves the teachers and principal at this school. I love that fact that the teachers and principal care about my son. I would recommend this school.

Posted August 05, 2013
I enrolled my child into kindergarten about 2 months before school started this year. About a month before school began, my family had to relocate and I notified Zion that my child would not be attending. The school refused to refund me the $450 registration fee. Zion incurred no expense or lost no money when I withdrew my child from the roster. I made several requests to the school principal who, in turn, approached the school board. My request was denied. That was unnecessary, absolutely inappropriate, and flat out greedy behavior on the school's part. I would never recommend a school with such heartless, cold leaders in charge.
2 people found this helpful

Posted March 30, 2012
If you are not a member of this Church or do not donate large amounts of money then you and you're child WILL be treated unfair. I highly recommed staying away and i fully support a lot of these comments stating this school cares more about money then the kids schooling...

Zion Lutheran Elementary School 2

Posted February 09, 2011
The teachers knowledge is fair. The academic program is not very aggressive. The type of teaching tends to be very rote in nature. There is not an emphasis on the students extrapolating information and learning the reasons behind what they are learning. The amount of knowledge the students are expected to retain is minimal. The academics tend to be behind that of other better private schools. Teachers can be very partial to certain parents/family members. We have actually had bad experiences with some teachers being rude and disrespectful towards us as parents. There should be an emphasis on practicing the message they claim they are trying to send as a "Christian" school.

Posted November 16, 2010
I have to say that I made a huge mistake by switching her to this school. They pretend that my 2 years old kid eat cold food because they are too lazy to warm up the kids' food. My questions to you, Do you eat cold food??? Then, the principal never talk to me about their closing dates and never gave me a calendar until I had paid. Obviously, It was too late to say NO. DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE I MADE! FIND ANOTHER SCHOOL WHERE MONEY IS NOT MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE CHILDREN!

Zion Lutheran Elementary School 0

Posted April 20, 2010
it is a loving, safe environment for our children to learn. The teachers and school staff are educators and there for the welfare of the kids.

Posted September 11, 2009

Zion Lutheran Elementary School
1244 East Cypress Street, Anaheim, CA  92805
Last modified Zion Lutheran Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Zion Lutheran Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top