No rating

Trinity Lutheran Christian

Private | PK-8 | 200 students

We are best known for accelerated academics.

Living in Anaheim

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $426,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $2,080.

Posted April 27, 2014

This school is awesome. My two kids love everything about this school, teachers, friends and facilities. Mrs. Jonas, the principal, is super nice and generous, and Mrs. Palacios, A.P., is so enthusiastic. This school keeps maintaining very clean and updated environment. Most of all, they teach Christ centered education and high quality of academic curriculum. We're so pleased about this school.

Posted September 25, 2013

Academically very strong, has every program you could want. An Honors program for gifted kids and a Core program for those needing extra help. A dedicated reading curriculum called WriteSource. Advanced reading - 5th graders at the local public school are reading the same books my child read in 4th grade. Spanish classes start in Kinder, Trinity students start high school at Spanish 2 level. Science fair, speech meet, math olympics, and spelling bee. 4th grade trip to Sacramento and 8th grade trip to DC are highlights. Wonderful annual theatre production and competitive sports teams. Every teacher is terrific and I love the flexible day care program.

Posted June 12, 2013

Trinity changed Principle and she is not as outgoing as the other - you never see her in the morning or after school. She needs to be more active with the parents who pays the bills for that school. So far not to impressed with her ..

Posted March 24, 2013

Our children (6) and (4) started attending Trinity Lutheran in the Spring of 2012. We love the sense of community and the high standards and expectations the faculty have for all of the students. Both of our children LOVE going to school every morning. The full day kindergarten is incredible -- our son is learning the whole spectrum of subjects and lessons (some of which are not covered until 2nd grade in the public schools.) Additionally, he is one of two students in his grade in the honors program. Unlike public schools, there is ZERO tolerance for unacceptable behavior. All of the parents at Trinity are invested in ensuring their children are held to higher standards. Trinity's class size averages 16 students per grade -- half the size of public school classes so each child receives individualized attention. If you want more for your child at an EXTREMELY REASONABLE tuition rate - WELCOME TO TRINITY. P.S. We are Catholics and appreciate the warm welcome we have received from the school and church community. Trinity is simply a Christian school with a tradition of excellence.

Posted October 15, 2012

My kids have attended Trinity for 5 years and we still love it. The classes are small and intimate. My daughter and son enjoy their teachers, friends and the arts programs very much!! We would highly recommend our school to families who enjoy high standards, lots of extracurricular activities and no big crowds. Nirvana!!

Posted August 30, 2012

I love this school! My two children attended this school Pk thru 8th grade and I have many friends who have attended this school over the past decade. We loved the higher academics, the very strong and positive leadership of the principal, the Christian community and overall excellence of the program. They are fully accredited and always strive to do their best for each child. Over the past years, this school has been a blessing to many.

Posted August 17, 2012

This school is superior in academics as well as spiritually strong. Beginning with pre-school and continuing through 8th grade you will find that the teachers are so caring. Students that graduate from Trinity usually go to Orange Lutheran where they continue their excellent education. I am proud to be a part of this wonderful school. Come by and check it out. You will find an excellent school for your children.

Posted June 29, 2012

TThis school is a terrible school, I sent both of my children 13 and 14 to this school and they said that they couldn't take it anymore after 3 months of attendance I looked at all these reviews and went to the school and it seemmed great but my children thought otherwise they were miserable. When I talked to the principal about this she just said that children always hate school but I know my children and they used to be straight A students and love school. I believe the faculty here play god also

Posted April 27, 2012

Fantastic school! My daughter absolutely blossomed in this environment both socially and academically, after having a "mean girls" experience at the public school. She grew in her faith to a healthy level, and the whole experience was a beautiful thing. Although Christian education is generally expensive, I think Trinity is an outstanding value. Cost is about average in the area, but a far better school than others I researched. Well worth it!

Posted September 27, 2011

My daughter started at Trinity as a kindergartener and went all the way through 8th grade. It was the best decision we ever made! She is now in public high school, taking all honors classes. Specifically, she was the only one in her honors biology class that knew what chromatography was, and she was confident in her first lab because she knew exactly how to measure the density of a jelly bean. Out of 45 students, the teacher now knows her name! My shy little girl that once hid behind my legs is now a caring, confident young lady. Thank-you Trinity!

Posted January 16, 2011

Had a daughter attend two years. My overall opinion is that I think it is an average Christian school. I felt that the teachers were not really equipped to deal with the emotional issues facing the upper grade level students, but they tried. In retrospect, I would have homeschooled my children from K-12. I spent a lot of exhausting years working to provide thousands of dollars of Christian education to my children, and I feel in hindsight, I could have done it myself and socialization needs could have been met through homeschool groups. Not a bad school, but not exceptional either..

Posted October 29, 2010

Sending out daughter to Trinity Lutheran was one of the BEST decisions we made as parents. My daughter went there from Kindergarten through 8th grade and always felt that this was her home away from home. Elementary grade teachers understand the importance of laying a solid foundation in reading, writing, and arithmetic along with providing a positive nurturing atmosphere. Junior high teachers understand the importance of preparing your child for the next step, high school. Academically my daughter was an A student at Trinity and now in public high school she is still an A student. Trinity provided advanced classes for her to take to compete academically with the rest of her freshman class. We found that investing our time and participating in school activities helped us get the most that Trinity has to offer.

Posted October 6, 2010

Trinity Lutheran is a fantastic place for your child. The preschool is wonderful and the teachers are all very caring and loving and the curriculum is awesome and very advanced. The elementary school is fabulous and has been an asset to my now junior high student. The Drama program is the best in Orange County with very professional productions. The staff is like a family and great role models for the students. You won't be sorry you chose Trinity!!

Posted August 8, 2010

My child was in the class with the child and family that was supposedly treated poorly. I believe the school responded approprietly to the situation. The child in question posed a physical threat to all the children and staff in the class. Hopefully the child is in an environment that is more accomidating to their specific needs. I have never donated any money to the school, only my time and love.My children have been academically enriched and the support of all the staff has been above average.

Posted July 21, 2010

Trinity has been a tremendous blessing for our family. We have a child who had difficulties at another Christian school and the principal and teaching staff here at Trinity embraced our child with the love of Christ and a heartfelt desire to transition our son into the excellent academic program offered at Trinity. Since then he has grown academically and spiritually. His self-confidence and social skills have improved significantly as well. We are NOT a family who is able to donate a lot of money to the school and we have never felt that those who do get treated differently. We love the principal and the teaching staff and are thankful for their dedication to the students. We have found a family at Trinity and most importantly, my children absolutely love the school!

Posted June 27, 2010

I have two children currently attending TLC. Preschool is good and from what I understand is more academic than other preschools. I am very impressed by the grade school academics. The students are well above average. After kindergarten, the children are reading above the 1st grade level and already know how to count money, and can do math sentences. They also have music and computer classes. The school and classes are very small. We are going into our third year at Trinity and have found it to be a family to us. And we do NOT donate a lot of money to school. We are just a regular family. If you have any concerns, address them with the teacher and school. It will be handled immediately. We feel very blessed to have found such a wonderful school for our children.

Posted March 30, 2010

This school is completely hypocritical. They say they are Christians but didn't treat my child or my husband and me very 'Christian-like' at all. My child's teacher was aweful and inexperienced. The bottom line is if your child isn't 'perfect' then they won't deal with you. Or if your child has some difficulties, as long as you donate a lot of money to the school, they will put up with you. This school thinks that they can handle learning disabilities but they can not. With ADHD being the most common mental disorder in children and 1 in 100 children are diagnosed with ASD, they should be more open minded and accomodating. We pulled our child after 2 months. The experience was traumatizing for my family. I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone.

Posted March 16, 2010

Both of my children attended Trinity Lutheran Christian School from Kindergarten through 8th grade. Although they have very different personalities, each thrived at this school. They were both well prepared for rigorous academic course work in high school. In addition to the strength in academics, the school also has wonderful extracurricular activities including drama, after school sports, and music lessons. We found Trinity to be a nurturing environment and loved all the teachers. It was hard to leave such a wonderful school.

Posted March 3, 2010

My children have attended Trinity since preschool, so we have been here for 8 years. The improvements over the years have been amazing!! The teachers are all highly qualified, with most (if not all) having a teaching credential and many with masters degrees as well. I've found that the homework is not extensive, even though the academics are superior. The extracurricular options are fabulous too - from drama to sports to Chinese class! I would highly recommend this school to everyone - we love it here, and I would never consider going anywhere else.

Posted March 2, 2010

My family and I simply adore Trinity! My daughter has been at Trinty Lutheran Christian School for a year and loves it. We transfered from Heritage Oak to Trinity and I've found it to be just as prestigious but with a bonus of a loving, caring, Christian atmosphere. My daughter has become a more caring, loving, well mannered child and will continue to be at Trinity Lutheran Christian School until she graduates 8th grade!

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Math specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
German
Finnish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

School start time
  • 8:30 am
School end time
  • 3:15 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:00 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Ms. Karen Jonas
Best ways for parents to contact the school
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 2 years old
  • Coed
Special schedule
  • Block scheduling
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Independent Study
  • STEM
  • Virtual school
  • iPad Implementation 5th - 8th
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

• Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Math specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Teacher aid/assistant teacher

Performing arts
  • Drama
Media arts

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Drama club

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Monitor the playground
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer in the classroom