Hephatha Lutheran School 4

Posted September 20, 2013
This school has so much extracurricular activities for the students. They have Spanish, music, art classes, sports, choir, band.

Posted January 12, 2012
This school has a huge heart for its students, and the Principal is on the cutting-edge of what is new in strong academic programs. Hephatha truly offers "the whole package" that a parent is looking for in a private school education. Teachers who retire after 20+ years of service are certainly not considered "dwindling staff"; Hephatha's Principal, Teachers, Administrative Staff, students and Pastors are top-notch!

Posted October 31, 2010
We have been very pleased with the preschool program at Hephatha. Our five year old son has been learning new things, working on homework, and reading words! In just two months, we have seen him grow in both independence and academics. Mrs. Thompson is a dedicated and patient educator. She will forever be in our hearts.

Hephatha Lutheran School 2

Posted March 04, 2010
The best decision my parents ever made was leaving this school. Yes, they have good intentions, and if your child needs more attention than others this is the school for them. I transferred to a big 3 (Salem, St. Johns, St. Pauls) school before I started middle school, and it made all the difference in the world. Now, in high school, I realize Hephatha can't give you the life skills that a bigger school can. High school isn't a tiny little pond. I felt overly prepared for high school after my years at a big 3 school, which Hephatha never could have done for me. I transformed from a quiet 'nerd' to an academically, musically, and spiritually gifted social butterfly after leaving Hephatha. I met more kids than ever, and went to high school feeling prepared, and knowing tons of people! Bigger schools prepare you for life in ways Hephatha can't.

Posted November 10, 2009
I too must disagree with the 'unsatisfactory' comment. Our eldest graduated from Hephatha the year before that review was made. He was on an accelerated pace in the public schools, and maintained that pace when we transferred to Hephatha. After taking placement exams during the application process for a private high school in the area, he was one of 5 kids with the highest placement scores. This was not the first nor last time a child from Hephatha achieved this honor. Conversely, we also have a child with learning disabilities. Hephatha was extremely instrumental in walking us through the process of testing and implementing an IEP. Their resource program is incredible. Unlike the atmosphere that the public schools seem to provide, their program is consistent in providing a positive, effective, and supportive environment - specific to each child's needs. Our's now feels academically successful and has made the honor roll!

Posted March 05, 2009
I disagree greatly with the parent that complained that Hephatha is unsatisfactory for children of above average intelligence. Both of my children have gone to Hephatha from Preschool to 8th grade, they have and are in the 98% in testing at both the elementary and high school level. They did not receive additional tutoring, they have learned from the exceptional, caring teachers and staff from Hephatha. The principal is strong in the Arts which is a bonus and is continually working hard to re-create the athletics program. Our Hephatha students are incredibly well-rounded in the Arts, Athletics, Foreign Language and Music. We are blessed to have such a wonderful caring (and not dwindling) staff to look after our children. And our principal is 2nd to NONE!

Posted February 13, 2009

Posted November 14, 2008
My children have attended Hephatha since Preschool and the love and learning starts there and continues to the day school. Both of my children have grown academically, which is evident in their very high Iowa Test Scores, but have also grown spiritualy and socially in a loving environment where character counts. The school is led by a woman who truy cares about the progress of each and every student. I know this because as a parent, I have the good fortune to be able to volunteer many hours at the school and I have witnessed the care and concern of this amazing staff first hand. I feel very blessed to be a part of a school that feels like a family.

Posted November 10, 2008
Both of my children have attended Hephatha from preschool to 7th and 8th grade. The school has been a great place to learn, compete,make lifelong frienships, celebrate the arts, see the amazing strength that a Christian based education provides. I believe there is no more dedicated staff in the state. They teach as well as love all their students. The proof of this is how the alumni return year after year. They believe that Hephatha is their family and I believe the same. I have and will continue to recommend this school to all who desire a strong positive teaching school.

Posted November 05, 2008
Hephatha is a wonderful school. These are some of the most amazingly dedicated teachers I have seen, and I am comparing to excellent public and private elementary schools in the area. The students are respectful toward each other, parents, teachers and other adults. I have found the academic program to be very satisfactory, especially compared with public schools in the area. In addition to classroom cirriculum, Hephatha offers Spanish, Music and Computer classes. After school sports include basketball, flag football and volleyball. It's the best of both worlds - great academics and programs in a smaller setting that is more attentive to your child.

Hephatha Lutheran School
5900 East Santa Ana Canyon Road, Anaheim, CA  92807
Last modified Hephatha Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Hephatha Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top