PK-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Congratulations to our Principal, Mrs. KJ Voelker, who has been nominated for Administrator of the Year by our Pacific Southwest District of Lutheran Schools! We are so proud.:)
November 18, 2015

Bad
Good

- a school leader

My child loves going to school every day! With caring and knowledgeable teachers, staff that is both effective and approachable, and top notch education, we are extremely happy! In addition to offering education, spiritual growth and extra curricular activities, Hephatha is a community of parents, teachers and staff that care about each other and work hard for our children to thrive!

It is a wonderful, caring community with excellent teachers who care for each individual child. Hephatha has exciting programs and great academics.Your child is a special gift from God and the teachers and staff nurture each child as they share the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Hephatha is a great school with exceptional academics, a surplus of extra-curricular activities (Spanish, Music, Sports and more) and most importantly loving and caring teachers in a positive family environment. Graduates have gone on to be successful at the high school and college level in all areas of athletics, the arts and academics. The graduates from Hephatha are praised at the high school level for their study skills, independence and work ethic. I work at the local High School, so I know this to be fact. The after school care and summer day camp are also exceptional programs!

Too many helicopter parents have taken over this school. The Principal and Staff have good intentions, however they seem to be influenced by overly involved parents that are only looking out for their own kid. We transferred our kids to a neighboring Lutheran school and they have excelled in academics, athletics, and most importantly, social skills. If you are a doting parent that wants to influence every aspect of your child's education, then this is the school for you. If you are a parent that wants to encourage your child to be more independent and get prepare them for the social complexities of high school, then you might want to look elsewhere.

This is a great school. My kids love their teachers and they are so happy.. They really love to be at school all day.. Great School! I recommended preschool, K-8..

This school has so much extracurricular activities for the students. They have Spanish, music, art classes, sports, choir, band.

This school has a huge heart for its students, and the Principal is on the cutting-edge of what is new in strong academic programs. Hephatha truly offers "the whole package" that a parent is looking for in a private school education. Teachers who retire after 20+ years of service are certainly not considered "dwindling staff"; Hephatha's Principal, Teachers, Administrative Staff, students and Pastors are top-notch!

We have been very pleased with the preschool program at Hephatha. Our five year old son has been learning new things, working on homework, and reading words! In just two months, we have seen him grow in both independence and academics. Mrs. Thompson is a dedicated and patient educator. She will forever be in our hearts.

The best decision my parents ever made was leaving this school. Yes, they have good intentions, and if your child needs more attention than others this is the school for them. I transferred to a big 3 (Salem, St. Johns, St. Pauls) school before I started middle school, and it made all the difference in the world. Now, in high school, I realize Hephatha can't give you the life skills that a bigger school can. High school isn't a tiny little pond. I felt overly prepared for high school after my years at a big 3 school, which Hephatha never could have done for me. I transformed from a quiet 'nerd' to an academically, musically, and spiritually gifted social butterfly after leaving Hephatha. I met more kids than ever, and went to high school feeling prepared, and knowing tons of people! Bigger schools prepare you for life in ways Hephatha can't.

Last modified Hephatha Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8