No rating

Orange County Christian School

Private | K-12 | 141 students

Living in Anaheim

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $307,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,540.

Posted June 19, 2014

I have 2 sons ages 6 and 8. I am a very picky and involved parent who wouldn't enroll my sons if the school isn't performing to high expectations. I am highly pleased with the quality of the school. The academics are based on a curriculum that is a step above public schools. (My 8 year old attended Walt Disney School prior year. By many teachers, Walt Disney was esteemed and good. However, my son was bored and unchallanged. He is challanged to a good degree at OCCS. Ms. Watts, the 1st grade teacher set homework standards each week. If you do what is assigned, your child will excel. My 6 year old reads at a 2nd grade level and chapter books. He also learned to write cursive by 4 1/2 thanks to Ms. Leta. My 8 yr old son who scored an "above grade level" on the CST in public school now is a standard student without losing any academic momentum. They do the work assigned and they will excel. Mr. Watson of 3rd grade had high expectations of the students both in character and academia. What sets this school ahead of other schools is the type of teachers. The easy communication should be taken advantage of. If there was even a small incident with my sons, I would know about it.

Posted March 3, 2012

Wonderful Christ centered program. Schools like this need our support. The children are worth it. It is expensive to send children to private schools but this one is a good investment in my daughter.

Posted October 14, 2010

Schools are really important part of a person's life for both the kid as well as the parents as the childs life completely depends on the education he takes.

Posted July 30, 2009

Wonderful staff, dedicated and caring.

Posted September 12, 2008

When I first decided to enroll my son in the first grade at this school, I was slightly unsure about the whole thing. The school is small, and unfortunately not very well funded, but they do a great job with the kids. I absolutely love the teachers and the daycare staff. The have an amazing woman who, basically, keeps the school running, Coni Phillips. I absolutely love this school.

Posted April 30, 2008

Last year I put my son in the school just for the summer to see if we liked it. The students were some of the worst children I'd ever met, after repeatedly asking them to put sunscreen on my son, they never did, and the daycare staff was indignent. Worst school experience I've ever had. The only good things I have to say about this school is the easy payment option by paying online and the science teacher that donated his time.

Posted May 3, 2006

Orange county christian school is a small, school. There is one class for each grade. So if there is one or more child you dont really want your child to continue to be in the same class it's not possible. They will continue each year to be with the same children just diffrent teacher. They do have a few extracurricular activities available. I don't like that grades k-12th are all together on the same playground/area before and after school. The a.M. Daycare and p.M. Daycare is definently a big help to working parents. Although I dont feel comfortable with the adult/child ratio. There is ms. Nicky who is excellent and I feel does a great job watching the kids and what's happening on campus.

Posted January 27, 2006

My child is currently in the pre-k program. And I have noticed her learning since the start of year, but I wish she would be know more it is almost the end of year and she still does not know how to write her name.

Posted July 14, 2005

I like the elementary shool; however, I have some reservations about the preschool. I am concerned about the quality of the teachers they hire.

Posted January 26, 2004

This school is overall pretty but there are not many after school activities.
—Submitted by a student

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Mr. David Lewis
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Church of christ
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

641 South Western Avenue