Anderson, CA

Anderson Middle School 3

Posted August 09, 2013
Mr. Koppes and Mrs. Koppes are great caring teachers and principle. They are the best thing about this school. Ms. Cox however is horrible. Last years 2012/2013 7th grade math teacher was awful. After 20 years of being the science teacher they put her as a math teacher. She would have to leave the classroom and go and ask a 8th grader how to do the math. My child has lost a whole year of math because of her. She should be ashamed of herself and step down from her job. On the other hand I just dont see anyone caring about it. I hear she is getting moved to 6th grade math this year. One more generation of kids that dont know what they are doing. All of the other teachers I come in contact with have been wonderful. Mr Grady is an excellent coach. However the band teacher should not be coaching any sport. Keep all of the Koppes and get rid of Cox.

Posted July 10, 2013
As one of the few members of the parent club I find some of these remarks interesting. Are there good and bad teachers? Sure. Is it very difficult to get parents involved? Yes. Even so, the school consistently earns a similar school score from the state higher than most middle schools in the county (this can be found at www.cde.gov). The school has some very dedicated teachers who practically live on campus like Ms. Evans and Mr. Koppes, one of those libeled by the parent decrying and misspelling nepotism below. FYI, the reason he coaches so much is because no one else will. VOLUNTEER! I am sure he'd be very happy to do much less coaching. He also volunteers to be on the School Site Council each year. Our community struggles with the poverty trap and the school offers parenting and work skills classes to support the community. Overall, this school works very hard to meet the needs of all students. It offers tons of math and reading intervention programs and has an award winning band program rivaling any in northern California.

Posted June 21, 2013
Evans= best Algebra teacher EVER and she makes math almost fun. She's hilarious and does surprising things. One time she did a summersault in class. It was epic. My teachers helped and encouraged me while I was writing my grad speech :) I was to AMS for all of middle school. When you're a 6th grader the WEB leaders work hard to help plan activities and make sure you have a great time. By the time I was an 8th grader I was a WEB leader too and it was fun. The people reviewing this school as "unclean school, fatty foods, etc." are crazy. Dave is not only the best janitor EVER but he's also a great basketball coach. He is always cleaning and making jokes. Everyday at lunch he would ask my friends and I, "Can I take your tray ladies?" and he did. I've never heard him complain. The Chefs make ok food(it's school food so it's not going to be the "best food ever." Hey Jack, it's not bad for less than $1! -reduced-)and you're required to get something from the salad bar. There's no reason why we would be getting overweight from eating school lunches. As for the dress code complaints blame the kids' parents. THEY should be their kids' fashion police. We DO have dress codes. YOU LIARS!

Posted May 22, 2013
this is the most amazing school ever. ms. evans (8th grade math/science teacher) is the coolest teacher youll ever meet.

Anderson Middle School 1

Posted May 22, 2013
Anderson Middle School is a horribal School.#1 Nepitisum #2 Favortisum #3 BAD! coaching #4 No Dresscode #5 Mood swinging teachers. All the school spirt has been drained from this school. But I guess thats how it goes when a school becomes a family ran bussiness that is being ran in to the dirt!. in my opinion you need to hire some one who will do there JOB! and clean that place up and restore school pride and spirt.. it is sad when mommy hires her son to coach everthing. little girls are allowed to run around half naked and no one does a thing about it and the principal states that she is not the fashion police well if she is not the fashion police then i would like to know who is because the should be fired!!!!! That school is a mess the only good thing AMS has is a awsome band program...

Anderson Middle School 1

Posted October 12, 2012
I think certain perfect 6th grade teachers are horrible !! I think that the school lunches are disgusting and thats why are children over weight . The principle should be fired !!

Posted February 27, 2012
The teachers and administrators are caring and work very hard to see that your student is successful. They offer advanced classes, band, electives, leadership, GEAR UP, and intervention classes. AMS also offers Project Share and after school program, accepting ALL students. I highly recommend that you call to schedule a visit if you have questions. They are very friendly and quite helpful.

Posted July 25, 2009
This school has a dedicated staff. We have moved around a lot in the area and at most schools you can't find a teacher on campus when you get off work to talk to. Several of my kids' teachers are always there and available. Also, my boy's reading has improved dramatically since he transfered to this school last year.

Posted December 08, 2008

Anderson Middle School 0

Posted November 09, 2008
I have been a parent involved in AMS for the past 3 years. My kids have had a great and well-rounded experience. The school does need updating, but thankfully the voters passed Measure C. I recommend this school, especially if you are willing to be involved in keeping it a great place.

Anderson Middle School
1646 West Ferry Street, Anderson, CA  96007
Last modified Anderson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Anderson Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top