Public charter
Antelope, CA

Global Youth Charter School 1

Posted May 05, 2015
As of 2014-2015, Global Youth is one of the WORST high schools to ever attend. The staff should have been the way it was in 2012-13 when every teacher actually did their job right. I heard what my child has to do for senior project and it's absolutely ridiculous! 120 hours, 15 page essay and a presentation in front of the whole school. You can't even do group or partner projects! Most schools usually have 8-12 hours with maybe a 1 page essay and an optional presentation. What are they trying to show anyway? It's not like they can show that they're an advanced school. They don't even have anything to offer. It's terrible that in order for any student there to meet their a-g requirements, they have to go to college the same time they're in high school. Not to mention the English learning system is terrible. My child said that the students in each grade all have the same homework assignment. Do you really think it's right for seniors and freshmen to have nearly the same homework? And not to mention it's so repetitive. Does the teacher even try to change their lesson plan? Also, the rules there are idiotic.

Posted October 23, 2012
I am currently a freshman at Global and I feel very welcome there. The teachers, all four of them, are great! They are all willing to help and explain things you don't understand. The students have also made me feel very welcome. As soon as you see the interaction between the students, evn freshmans interacting with the seniors, you can see, and feel the great relationships the whole school has with each other. Global is definitely family and a home away from home.

Posted January 04, 2008
All of the staff at Global Youth has been caring and supportive of my child and our family. The office staff is quick to respond to my requests for information and calls. Although there is no lunch program the school clearly stressed at enrollment that students are to bring a lunch, and the office has emergency food available for students in the office if they forget to bring a lunch. The opportunity for academic, social, and emotional development is awesome. I've watched my child learn to set and track goals as well as grow in taking personal responsibility . Students can make the experience at this school whatever they choose. The sports and Youth and Government programs adds to the growth of the school. We are happy to have had the opportunity to be a part of this school as it continues to grow.

Posted December 22, 2007
The interaction between students, faculty abd parents is outstanding. My daughter was at Center High and failing. She was not getting the needed help and there was no honest flow of communication between me and certain teachers. In a few short months at Global Youth, she has brought her GPA up a 3.45, is heavily involved in the new athletics program and is enjoying learning again, without all of the distractions she had at Center. Finally, Antelope parents have an alternative. And yes, there is a varsity athletics program, CIF sponsored, at Global Youth.

Posted November 25, 2007
My child attends this school. There are so many great possibilities, but the principal does not seem able to make them happen. The school is starting to look a little better, but stil looks lifeless and abandoned. There is no lunch program available, so if my son forgets his lunch, he goes hungry all day. The new extracurricular activities are such an improvement, though. I wish there was more communication between the school and the parents, too.

Posted October 28, 2007
My child is new to this school and feels so welcome. The students and staff are really encouraging and create an environment that feels safe. The staff is also very receptive to suggestions for improvement. This seems like a wonderful program that is growing. I'm glad my child can be a part of such a school as it continues to grow and evolve.

Posted July 03, 2007
I am extremely pleased with the staff and performance of this school. My daughter has been attending for the past few years.The work load is heavy and doesn't allow for much free time but for those students aspiring to attend college and university this school cannot be beat. The classes are all geared toward continuing their education beyond High School.In my opinion this school is the best choice in the North Highlands area for students with an academic future.

3243 Center Court Lane, Antelope, CA  95843
Last modified Global Youth Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Global Youth Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top