Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Both of my children attended Barrett Ranch, for a total of 9 years in a row, starting when the school first opened. The teachers are wonderful, dedicated people who care about our students and community. We've had the best teachers and staff! They have always gone out of their way to do what is best for the students, including learning a foreign language to be able to communicate with the students who were learning english. I transferred my child to this school from a private school, and have been so happy that I did. The education and atmosphere of learning that my children received here has been above and beyond any other school. Will miss these teachers and staff.

My son's academics have went from barely making it to exceeding my expectations since we switched to this school. The teacher and staff are fabulous and the school is always clean. Best school by far!

My husband and I love Barrett Ranch Elementary. Our boys have been enrolled since kindergarten (now going into 6th and 4th grades) and we couldn't be happier about the school they attend. Everyone (from the teachers, to the principal, to the office staff) is top notch and make our children feel valued, and encouraged to be the best they can be.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers strive to give the students the tools need to do well in school

Develops character: Strongly agree

My son went to Barrett Ranch when the school first opened up and now my daughter finished 5th grade at Barrett Ranch. I was so please that my children were able to go to Barrett Ranch. They work hard to give every student the best education possible. They also have a Drama club and the teachers do an outstanding job enriching the students minds and giving them opportunities they normally would not have. The students believe in the 3 person standards: "Show Respect, Make Good Decisions and Solve Problems". This emanates throughout the entire campus. I will truly miss seeing the teachers and staff at Barrett Ranch. If your child has an opportunity to attend the school take it!

Barrett Ranch is one of the best schools out there. The teachers really put the students first and work with them to succeed. My son started kindergarten when the school first opened and now my daughter just finished 5th grade. I have had the great pleasure of volunteering at the school and have gotten to know the staff. I am sad not to be able to see them the next school year. The school has a motto of 3 personal standards the students live by. They are: "Show Respect, Make Good Decisions, and Solve Problems". The students love to see Dr. Vu on campus and he loves talking with the students. The school has a huge poster in town hall with "At Barrett Ranch we show Kindness by..." and all the students wrote down how they show kindness on a heart. Another amazing feature of the school is the Drama productions they put on. Currently Mrs. Devine and Mrs. Traynor head up the Drama club and they do an outstanding job! Having the arts a part of the school really helps students academically. It is truly one of the best schools!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers go above and beyond to invest in their education and future. Their position is clearly much more than a job to them and it is visible and evident that they truly love what they do and the children that they invest in.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Barrett Ranch takes character traits very seriously and invests in developing the student's character as well as their education. They choose one aspect at a time to learn about and spend time putting into practice. The kids love the goals that are set to meet the character standards and learn to be upstanding citizens with a strong sense of integrity.

Our 3 boys were originally overflow from another school which I was not happy about but it did not take long for us to fall in love with this school and we have since made Barrett Ranch our permanent school. There is such a strong sense of family and a deep pride in the community here. The teachers and staff have gone above and beyond to ensure that our kids not only meet goals but excel in their education. This is so important for us because a 3 of our kids have learning "difficulties" and school had become a dreaded chore that they hated. The class sizes are smaller than the other schools they have gone to in the past which allows for more attention from the teachers and less chance of them "slipping through the cracks". The teachers and staff at Barrett go out of their way to meet the kids on their level, and teach them in a way they can understand as well as encourage and push them to go beyond their goals. They have turned school from a "dreaded chore" to something they love and look forward to everyday! The principal and staff is as equally invested in the kids lives as the teachers are and do everything with the interest of the children and education in mind. There are so many activities throughout the year that brings the families and community together here. We are so happy to have been sent to this school and we look forward to many more years of memories here!

We have been at Barrett for 5 years now and I currently have 3 children who attend this school. Our children have loved each of their teachers. The enthusiasm each of their teachers have shown in their teaching has reflected itself in the love for learning that each of my children now shares. The character traits and behavioral rules that are in place help ensure that each child learns respect not only for their teachers and peers, but also how to respect themselves. The entire staff at Barrett have encouraged our children to do their best in everything they do and to never give up. We have been very blessed to have been able to attend such an outstanding school.

Last modified Barrett Ranch Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.