Posted June 23, 2014
I am a parent of 2 type A boys. We had them in private school until 1,2 grades (they are 9 and 8 now). We had to stop due to financial constraints and were pleasantly surprised by the excellent experience we had at Olive Grove. At this school the principal, Mr. Giannini, EMPOWERS the teachers to teach and manage their classroom environments. They expect that parents will be engaged and participate (and we do). Their teaching methods are adaptable to reach all kids but they have programs to help bring the kids skills into alignment with their grade-level if needed. This is a fantastic school, with a fantastic staff and I could not be happier. This school should be a model for other schools in this area (Oak Hill, Dudley, etc.)

Posted September 24, 2013
This school is absolutely top notch. I had to pull my kids from a fantastic private school and was surprised to find that Olive Grove had an energized teaching force, great administrative staff, and a vibrant and engaged parent base. All of this equates to an excellent learning environment. The curriculum is standard fare, but the teachers engage parents and the community to assist in the learning. Their activities are inclusive of the "english as a second language" children as well so the learning gaps can be quickly bridged. The principal encourages creativity in the classroom of his teachers. This fosters a results oriented and "energetic" teachers core and they are the best thing about this school. I am so grateful that we moved here.

Posted September 16, 2013
Olive grove elementary school has really been good so far for our kids. Teachers are good.

Posted September 16, 2013
This school is by far the best elementary school in this zip code. Parents participation is encouraged and appreciated.

Olive Grove Elementary School 1

Posted July 22, 2013
This school was a nightmare! My children attended for six-long-years and the Principals, Teachers, and Aides were terrible!

Posted December 14, 2011
What a great school Olive Grove Elementary is. They have great teachers and parents can volunteer at the school and work in the classrooms. They even have dads, grandpa's, uncles ect that volunteer their time to patrol the campus to make sure it's safe. The principle is great. I see him talking/mentoring children and making sure the campus is safe during the day.Also the PTSA is very active here. They raise money for the kids to go on field trips. They sometimes they have the field trips come to the school. I also like the fact that each classroom adapts a college every year. They have spirit days and the kids can wear their collage colors.

Posted August 24, 2011
great school that has a high expactation of it's students. A well structured school with a great hands on leader in Principal G.

Posted May 07, 2011
Principal G inspires his entire staff & student body to greatness. PTA sends every class on a yearly field trip!

Posted January 24, 2011
I love this school for my son. I am sad this is his last year here but my youngest will be starting the in August. The staff is wonderful. My son was in private school before coming here. He needed special services and other school districts turned us down, but Dry Creek Unified and Olive Grove accepted us. I am very happy with this school and all they have to offer.

Olive Grove Elementary School 4

Posted April 17, 2010
Olive Grove is hands down a great school! Solid computer, library, art and music programs. Principal Giannini is hands on, pro-active and encourages building kids' character with moral & ethical values. Doesn't shy away from addressing inappropriate students behaviors in a timely manner. Teachers are top notch! My child, nieces and nephews liked nearly every teacher (nothing/nobody's perfect). Front office staff is very friendly, helpful and goes out of their way for students/parents. PTA is productive and has been able to secure field trips at every grade level (even in this economy!) I'm blessed to have my daughter in this school.

Olive Grove Elementary School
7926 Firestone Way, Antelope, CA  95843
Last modified Olive Grove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Olive Grove Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews.