Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Posted June 05, 2015
Overall a pretty good experience for my graduating senior. His girlfriend does dance and drama, which it's nice that they offer. There are occasional fights and punks, just like every school. There is a lot of diversity so your child is likely to find his/her place among the crowd. It's funny that the test scores here are SO much higher than Antelope High, the fancier newer high school on the other side of Antelope.

Center High 5

Posted May 24, 2014
I am a parent of a student at CHS. She is in honors courses and will begin AP courses next year. The teachers are fantastic, the campus is safe , parents are involved, there are a variety of extracurricular activities, an awesome athletics program, and some wonderful programs such as the 911 operator program amongst others. When we moved to the area, we researched and decided that Center was what we wanted for our students. We love it!

Posted May 23, 2014
Center high is a terrible place and I wouldn't recommend this school for your children to go to. The music program sucks, the teachers gossip about other students, and about 95% of the kids are immature. I got pulled out of that schooled because I was bullied at that school. Stupid school. Don't ever let your children go there.

Center High 2

Posted August 27, 2012
I am currently a Senior at Center High School (Class of 2013) and every year I seen the school get worse and worse. Freshmen year was alright, didnt know what to expect so there really was no standard. But sophmore-junior year all I saw was teachers get laid off and classes get dropped. 80% of the students there are immature, I see students get bullied every day, the teacher choose favorites and some teachers even talk about students. The administration is no good, they dont help at all. My friend was bullied and administration just said ignore it. They require 230 credits to graduate and I think 60 of them need to be elective credits but they keep dropping elective courses so you get stuck with classes you dont want . And most the electives available require $20-$40 fee for the class. Since ive been at center ive seen some of my former teachers get dropped as well as electives I wanted to take like cooking and Music today. Also all the money raised ALWAYS goes to football or cheerleading. Freshmen year we were told to bring toilet paper because the school couldnt afford it and half the time even to this day the bathrooms have no soap and the doors dont lock.

Posted May 13, 2011
I am a former student and Center High failed me. After graduation I went to college and learned how much they hadn t prepared me for. I was lucky to have the instructors I had starting out in college they truly helped me to get caught up to the level I needed to be at.

Posted May 13, 2011
Center high teachers pick token kids and ignore the other kids that are calling out for help a guidance. I have seen token kid s graduate center then come back as teachers and administrators just to do the same thing to the next gen.

Posted October 02, 2010
Those of you bad mouthing the Principal Michael Jordan don't know what you are talking about. He supports his teachers like no other principal has before at this school. New teachers do not leave because of his lack of support. Unfortunately they are laid off because the state is in debt and the school doesn't have enough money to keep the newer teachers. This is an excellent high school.

Posted September 21, 2010
The honors and AP classes my daughter has taken are well taught and fair. They are preparing her for college very well in my opinion.

Posted June 12, 2010
I'm a former student at CHS. The best thing about it is probably the math department - they have some excellent teachers. I took all the AP classes with the exception of AP Bio and it was really easy especially the senior year. Otherwise, most of the teachers I had were great with a few exceptions. Really loved the French program, I actually still know some of what we were taught! I taught that English and Science departments were way to easy and didn't challenge students enough especially in the AP/Honors classes. Also, this I think this school doesn't provide enough college preparation/guidance when it matters the most and has some useless programs such as Advocacy classes. All in all, CHS has great school spirit, good sports programs, above average faculty but poor administration. It's too bad some of the top teachers are retiring/leaving.

Posted June 01, 2010
Math program has been shown to be best in surrounding area, better than better funded school such as Rocklin High, Granite Bay and other high schools in Roseville county. Center could be a lot better with stable management. There have been more than 5 Principals since 2005. The English program does not challenge students as rigorously as it should (as evidence of several errors in this review). If a student takes the AP English class he or she will be fine in the end. I am a former student, class of 2009. I am disappointed in the music program, but have faith of good fortune in the future. Soccer (men's and women's teams) and Baseball teams are excellent. The core science courses are solid and provide a good foundation in the Physical, Biological, and Chemistry aspects of science.

Center High
3111 Center Court Lane, Antelope, CA  95843-9111
Last modified Center High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.