Antelope, CA
Before care: Yes

Oak Hill Elementary School 2

Posted September 24, 2013
Below average and getting worse with the new principal Mrs. Spore. The teachers are hit or miss and I do not presume to speak for all of them. Mr. Weeks was Fantastic and deserves a better administrative staff that supports him (as do the other teachers, I suspect). The school is more interested in having kids line up properly and not run on the sidewalk than they are in their education. If the principal spent as much time finding ways to motivate and "energize" her teachers as she does patrolling the sidewalks, this school could be much better. I moved across town to get out of this school district because of this school. The class sizes are huge and there are a lot of non english speaking children which are mixed in and by necessity slow the learning of the others. On the positive side, the PTA is amazing and the parents in this community do care about their kids. It's a shame the administration of this school are as dreadful as they are. Notice the downward trending of the reviews since its peak in 2010.

Posted September 16, 2013
This is a fantastic School. My son just graduated the 6th grade after attending school here since kindergarten. In that time the school received distinguished school status twice. Its located in a very safe neighborhood and they have a before and after school daycare on campus. they have several young teachers with high energy and enthusiasm for education which I think is lacking in a lot of elementary schools. they have all kinds of field trips and school activities like plays and musicals during the holidays. They sponsor a school carnival fundraiser ever year and also a very active PTA. I never expected to put my child into a public school but i made an exception after hearing so many good things about this school and I am really glad I did.

Oak Hill Elementary School 3

Posted September 11, 2013
Oak Hill is a good school. My kids love being there. Teachers are phenomenal. Parents are involved.

Oak Hill Elementary School 4

Posted August 13, 2013
Oak Hill is a great school. Only drawback I can say is the class sizes, but I think that's a district wide problem, not the fault of the school. My child just started his 2nd year and he loves it. I also like that they make an effort to get the parents involved, whether its for a field trip or classroom help. I love the PTA events too!

Oak Hill Elementary School 3

Posted December 30, 2012
This school class size is just way too big. My 8 year old (third grade) is in a class of 36 students. I have noticed her math skills regressing and the amount of homework is just way too much. The teacher has to keep moving on even when the kids are suffering or need more time. Overall this is a great school but the teachers are overworked and under paid and it is beginning to show. I think once the class sizes go down this school will return to be an excellent school.

Oak Hill Elementary School 2

Posted December 16, 2012
I think PM Kindergarten teacher is an abusive and angry person. My child is not happy being in her class.

Oak Hill Elementary School 1

Posted August 14, 2012
My family came from a school district that was not tolerant at all about bullying and was extremely organized. I was never worried about my children whilele they attended schools in that district. This is supposed to be the best elementary school in this district, but I am not comfortable leaving my first grader on the blacktop before school with very little supervision and a bunch of older kids running around on the blacktop. It looks like complete caos...i had two sixth graders last year and they were constantly bullied by the same kids (not the normal kind of bullying) and the bullies would only get a small talking too...sometimes. I can't wait to move my family out of this school district. Teachers are excellent though, they need more support from the principal.

Posted November 16, 2010
Oak Hill is an excellent school. My oldest is in the midst of her 5th grade year and been here since K. My middle child is in 2nd and next year I'll add another student here in K. I have nothing but positive things to say about the school. The teacher do an exemplary job meeting the children where they are at and they really strive to push their students to meet their potential. My oldest got a perfect 600 on the math portion of the STAR last year....that comes from her teacher doing an outstanding job! WTG Oak Hill Otter Staff! The positive parent involvement shows as well. Students don't strive this well without the combined effort of teachers and parents. Keep up the great work!

Posted April 27, 2010
because it has a lot of parents that partisapate and good teachers. they do plays that other schools don't. I enjoy the atmosphere there. I am a grandparent of 2 that go to that school.

Oak Hill Elementary School 0

Posted April 26, 2010
I love this school. The staff really cares about the students. The teachers are really good and creative. They have a great PTA and biggest parent volunteer I have ever seen. Every class still has 3 or more feild trips a year.

Oak Hill Elementary School
3909 North Loop Boulevard, Antelope, CA  95843
Last modified Oak Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oak Hill Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top