Antelope, CA

Posted June 03, 2015
My 5 star rating goes 100% to the teachers and PTA. This is a great school, the teachers my kids have had are awesome and the PTA is fantastic, lots of fun events all year and they seem to really care about the kids and community. I can not say enough good things about the teachers my kids have had. Principal Spore, on the other hand is something else. She rules with an iron fist and has zero people skills. Shouldn't you be able to talk to people, I mean shouldn't that be one of the main requirements for this job? She doesn't as much as say good morning or smile at the students or parent volunteers. She doesn't give an ounce of positivity or encouragement to the kids. Even on their Otter Days, when she is forced to participate in their activities, it's odd to actually see her smiling. If you are looking for an encouraging or happy principal that loves kids and makes you want to get involved with the school, and makes the kids want to be there, you won't find it here.

Oak Hill Elementary School 1

Posted May 19, 2015
Sadly the school has went downhill in the past 3 years. This year has been the worst. There are some great teachers but the principal fails to back them up. On the other hand there are a few teachers that should in my opinion retire. There has been a lot of bullying going on this year that has not been dealt with properly. They do not do anything until you raise heck. Much of the serious problems are minimized. My child was in a class that was out of control. The teacher lost control of her classroom and the students. My child has been robbed of his education this year. They are more worried about getting the $ for the students being in class rather than dealing with disruptive behavior and bullies. My children have been students since K. It's gotten so bad I am finally pulling my children from the only school they have known.

Oak Hill Elementary School 2

Posted September 24, 2013
Below average and getting worse with the new principal Mrs. Spore. The teachers are hit or miss and I do not presume to speak for all of them. Mr. Weeks was Fantastic and deserves a better administrative staff that supports him (as do the other teachers, I suspect). The school is more interested in having kids line up properly and not run on the sidewalk than they are in their education. If the principal spent as much time finding ways to motivate and "energize" her teachers as she does patrolling the sidewalks, this school could be much better. I moved across town to get out of this school district because of this school. The class sizes are huge and there are a lot of non english speaking children which are mixed in and by necessity slow the learning of the others. On the positive side, the PTA is amazing and the parents in this community do care about their kids. It's a shame the administration of this school are as dreadful as they are. Notice the downward trending of the reviews since its peak in 2010.

Posted September 16, 2013
This is a fantastic School. My son just graduated the 6th grade after attending school here since kindergarten. In that time the school received distinguished school status twice. Its located in a very safe neighborhood and they have a before and after school daycare on campus. they have several young teachers with high energy and enthusiasm for education which I think is lacking in a lot of elementary schools. they have all kinds of field trips and school activities like plays and musicals during the holidays. They sponsor a school carnival fundraiser ever year and also a very active PTA. I never expected to put my child into a public school but i made an exception after hearing so many good things about this school and I am really glad I did.

Oak Hill Elementary School 3

Posted September 11, 2013
Oak Hill is a good school. My kids love being there. Teachers are phenomenal. Parents are involved.

Oak Hill Elementary School 4

Posted August 13, 2013
Oak Hill is a great school. Only drawback I can say is the class sizes, but I think that's a district wide problem, not the fault of the school. My child just started his 2nd year and he loves it. I also like that they make an effort to get the parents involved, whether its for a field trip or classroom help. I love the PTA events too!

Oak Hill Elementary School 3

Posted December 30, 2012
This school class size is just way too big. My 8 year old (third grade) is in a class of 36 students. I have noticed her math skills regressing and the amount of homework is just way too much. The teacher has to keep moving on even when the kids are suffering or need more time. Overall this is a great school but the teachers are overworked and under paid and it is beginning to show. I think once the class sizes go down this school will return to be an excellent school.

Oak Hill Elementary School 2

Posted December 16, 2012
I think PM Kindergarten teacher is an abusive and angry person. My child is not happy being in her class.

Oak Hill Elementary School 1

Posted August 14, 2012
My family came from a school district that was not tolerant at all about bullying and was extremely organized. I was never worried about my children whilele they attended schools in that district. This is supposed to be the best elementary school in this district, but I am not comfortable leaving my first grader on the blacktop before school with very little supervision and a bunch of older kids running around on the blacktop. It looks like complete caos...i had two sixth graders last year and they were constantly bullied by the same kids (not the normal kind of bullying) and the bullies would only get a small talking too...sometimes. I can't wait to move my family out of this school district. Teachers are excellent though, they need more support from the principal.

Posted November 16, 2010
Oak Hill is an excellent school. My oldest is in the midst of her 5th grade year and been here since K. My middle child is in 2nd and next year I'll add another student here in K. I have nothing but positive things to say about the school. The teacher do an exemplary job meeting the children where they are at and they really strive to push their students to meet their potential. My oldest got a perfect 600 on the math portion of the STAR last year....that comes from her teacher doing an outstanding job! WTG Oak Hill Otter Staff! The positive parent involvement shows as well. Students don't strive this well without the combined effort of teachers and parents. Keep up the great work!

Oak Hill Elementary School
3909 North Loop Boulevard, Antelope, CA  95843
Last modified Oak Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oak Hill Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top