Bad
Good

Cyril Spinelli Elementary School 2

Posted July 13, 2007
I have been extremely disappointed with the leadership of this school. My son as gone for three years and each year is worse. We are trying every avenue that is feasible to get out of this school. I agree with many of you that the principal is not approachable and communication between administration, teachers and parents is terrible. You ask no questions, you get no answers. You ask questions, you still don't get answers.

Posted July 12, 2006
Our children are entering third grade at Spinelli and we are so glad they are there! They both have some special education needs and we have found the teachers, administration, district personnel, and everyone else involved with our children to be wonderful, caring individuals with each child's best interests at heart.

Posted March 24, 2006
This is my daughter's first year at this school. I am very pleased with the way her teacher, Ms. Jensen, has treated her. She is an only child, so has had some problems adjusting from her old school. Ms. Jensen has been caring and understanding when it comes to my daughter's problems. The staff at Spinelli is also very caring and helpful. I have a lot of respect for everyone who works at this school. Another thing that I like is that all the children are from varying backgrounds, but are all treated with the same respect. Great people, great kids!

Posted January 12, 2006
My two kids have been there for the past two years. The teachers they have had, Jensen, Mason, Benato and Wall have been great. I haven't had alot of contact with the Principal, she doesnt seem approachable though. On the other hand the Vice Principal is a neat lady. I am pretty satisfied with my girls education but we keep in contact with the teachers too.

Posted January 11, 2006
I enjoy having my 4th grader at this school. She has more self esteem and conidence here than at the school she was at before.

Cyril Spinelli Elementary School 1

Posted October 19, 2005
My son is currently in first grade at Spinelli. Both his current teacher, Ms. Anderson, and his kindergarten teacher, Ms. Lewis, are wonderful. I couldn't say enough good things about them. However, the administration as well as many of the other teachers at Spinelli are horrible. I am withdrawing my son to home school him, something I never though I would do, because the behavior of much of the staff is nothing short of frightening and disgusting. I am sure there are worse schools out there, but not many. If you have a choice don't send your child there and if you don't have choice don't be surprised by anything that happens to them.

Posted September 14, 2005
The entire staff of the school is very knowlegeable of the numerous special programs this school offers and are actively involved with the schools extracurricular activities. My daughter left this school with a great education and love for school.

Posted May 04, 2004
The office staff (especially Miss Teresa) are great. They are all very kind to students and parents. The teachers are very good. The only bad thing I could say about this school is that the principals avoid parents.

Posted April 07, 2004
This is a good school. It is clean and as safe as it can be. I like where the playground is because the children are safe and supervised at all times.

Cyril Spinelli Elementary School
3401 Scotland Drive, Antelope, CA  95843-2226
Last modified Cyril Spinelli Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.