K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Posted January 03, 2014
My daughter absolutely loves going to the school. The teachers are amazing, the children are well behaved, the student to teacher ratio is small which has allowed for lots of 1 on 1 attention when needed. I am very happy with how much my daughter has grown spiritually and academically while attending CCS. downfalls of CCS, it is VERY expensive, although you do get what you pay for... On top of a $470+ tuition (which has just been raised) their are TONS of "mandatory" fundraiser, donations, and additional random fees that add up throughout the year. For a middle class family like mine these "mandatory" money add on's can make it pretty tight at times...

Posted June 14, 2013
I have had all 3 of my children attend Cornerstone. We have gone from pre-school thru 10th grade. Teachers are human, so no matter what school you go to you are going to deal with different personalities from year to year. Almost all of the teachers at Cornerstone have been amazing and loving! Yes, there have been a few hic ups through the years but nothing that would have ever had us consider leaving. I have watched Cornerstone improve each year and there is always room for improvement and they keep on stiving to do exactly that. The high school is good but not the best for being able to offer the kids going on to college all that they would need depending on their major. Cornerstone is a safe and loving school and they have had an amazing staff through the years. I have and will continue to reccommend Cornerstone as a wonderful school to send your kids to. My two oldest children are now in the public high school but not because of any bad experience. Strictly to allow them to be able to take corses they will need for college that were not available at Cornerstone.

Posted May 09, 2013
My child attended Cornerstone for 3 years. ( 3rd-5th) At the end of this school year, I will be removing my child from Cornerstone to go to a PUBLIC.... school. At the end of each school year, since in attendance, I was not sure if my child would go to the next grade. Cornerstone pushed my child right on through. This year after receiveing yet another not so good progress report, I spoke with staff about my concerns only to be told " Oh everything looks fine" After i received a very unsettling report card, again I went to Staff. They DID NOT!!!! have a clue. Due to my persistence ( NOT CORNERSTONE) of wondering what was wrong, I had my child tested and found out that my child has a learning disability, and tested with below average results approx. 3 grades. . How could the school not know??????? This is so upsetting and heart wrenching. At least in public school my child will get the help that Cornerstone told me they would/could provide. They are limited in what they can provide (IEP) although they will tell you otherwise. they can. My child will go into the 6th grade to start at a 3rd grade level in many areas. I DO NOT!!!! recommend Cornerstone.

Posted July 13, 2011
Cornerstone has been a great school. My daughter has been enrolled here since Kindergarten and is now in Jr. High. I have had a few issues which were dealt with immediately and fairly. The teachers have a love for the students and they provide a safe environment for all the children. I recommend this school to everyone.

Cornerstone Christian School 2

Posted May 19, 2011
We have three children at Cornerstone. Our younger two attend the preschool and we are very pleased with the program and staff over there. The preschool has prepared them to excell in Kindergarten. Our experience on the main campus has been different. Cornerstone shows favortism when administering discipline (and some grades). If your family is part of the "clique" then they may not acknowledge your child's "bad" behavior... or only give him/her a few demerits or a missed recess. There is, however, a "no tolerance" policy for most other students. Even the good ones. Academically, it depends on which teacher you get. Very disappointed!

Posted May 13, 2011
We chose Cornerstone because we love the Lord and wanted our son to receive a challenging education as well as spiritual nurturing. We wanted his educational experience to reflect the value system in our home. I would NOT recommend Cornstone. The administration has not been effective in keeping us informed with serious incidents that have taken place regarding our child. There have been numerous unethical incidents that have caused us to question the faith of the leadership. Morality and integrity are key issuse at Cornerstone.

Posted March 17, 2011
I agree with the last person, the lower grades K-1 gives the children a great foundation, the higher grades depend on what teacher you get. The school decided to do something new this year, the junior high english teacher reads to the students. The students have not had one writing or reading assignment this year so far. I am extremely disappointed with Cornerstone.

Posted February 12, 2010
I really hope that people read through all of these reviews! I am a common sense type person, and did a quick look see at what other parents were saying. I agree with almost all of these parents! If you want your child to grow both spiritually and educationally then this is the place to be! It is extremely parent involved (for me school isn't just a place to drop my kids off at). I love the fact that I can walk into the office and EVERYONE knows who I am, and who my children are! This school is spirit filled and I know my children look forward to going to school everyday. They are in levels about their own grades, and have great manners! And yes...if they are OUTSIDE playing, they will get a little dirty! ;)

Posted January 01, 2010
My son has been attending CCS since they opened the school, eight years now. The teachers are great and care about their students. I would highly recommend CCS.

Posted June 03, 2009
My son and daughter both attended Cornerstone's Preschool. It gave them the skills and knowledge to excel in Kindergarten.

Cornerstone Christian School
1745 East 18th Street, Antioch, CA  94509
(925) 779-2010
Last modified Cornerstone Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-12