Antioch, CA

Carmen Dragon Elementary School 3

Posted October 08, 2014
I honestly can say I like the teachers at this school. My two children attend, and I've communicated effectively with there teachers. They are very involved, and care a great deal. However, I give the school three stars because I honestly don't like the encounters with the office staff. I feel they have somewhat a rude presence, and on occasion I see a smile. I honestly have never experienced that with office staff at any schools except here.

Posted November 08, 2011
The staff at CD is wonderful. Our new principal is very active in eliminating bad behavior by both parents and students. If some parents were more inclined to volunteer, they would realize what an awesome school CD is. Once children leave the school, it is the parent's responsibility to assure their child gets home safely. My child is 10 years old and I would never let her walk home alone. The staff is very dedicated and the kids test scores are improving every year!

Carmen Dragon Elementary School 1

Posted November 07, 2011
I don't like Carmen Dragon Elementary school!The staff has bad attitudes,we have a different principal every year,for the past two years!They let the students walk across the street by there selfs after school,without nobody at the corner with a stop sign!My kids will be changing school!

Posted October 11, 2009
All of the teachers really love what they do and they will go above and beyond to help their students.

Carmen Dragon Elementary School 4

Posted August 27, 2009

Posted February 21, 2009

Carmen Dragon Elementary School 3

Posted March 27, 2008

Carmen Dragon Elementary School 0

Posted January 30, 2008
I am sadden to hear that there are parents out there that feel the PTA is no[t] productive. I am a parent who is often ask to volunteer. I enjoy helping out as much as I can. What I notice is that it is always the same parent volunteere and the same PTA board members volunteering there time. Instead of critizing the PTA for the lack of commitment our parents have towards the school you should get on board and help to bring in more parent involvement. I think our children deserve the best and it is up to everybody to help make this happen. We are all busy, but sometimes just making a phone call could be a big help to these ladies who are truley dedicated in making a difference in our childrens lifes. Thank you to all of the PTA board members. You have done a great job!

Carmen Dragon Elementary School 0

Posted January 29, 2008
I was outraged to see the comment about the PTA. I know that the PTA has struggled with volunteers. They have 6-7 women running everything while still taking care of their kids, families, jobs, and our kids that attend Carmen Dragon. They held a membership drive to motivate kids and parents and teachers to join and out of 650 kids and 35 teachers, only 80 people signed up. They offered an ice cream party and it still didn't work. I feel like if people don't see the PTA 'motivating' people...then get involved and make a change. Six people can not run a lot of functions, but somehow...it comes together. Ladies....hats off to you and keep up the good work. I applaud you for your efforts!

Carmen Dragon Elementary School 4

Posted November 27, 2007
I love the school, staff, and the direction the school is going. The PTA is fantastic and I see the volunteers working hard to make the school a better place for all the children. All parents are encouraged to get involved especially when they have concerns.

Carmen Dragon Elementary School
4721 Vista Grande Drive, Antioch, CA  94531
Last modified Carmen Dragon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carmen Dragon Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top