Antioch, CA

Black Diamond Middle School 4

Posted August 20, 2010
My daughter has attended BDMS for the past two years and will be entering 8th grade this school. I have nothing but respect for the teachers and the Principle of this school. I am a very involved parent and I also work a 9 to 5 job, but I make time to make sure my daughter's homework assisgnments are complete and if she is having problems with a subject I notify the teachers by e-mail and they are more than willing to provide extra attention before or after school. I think BDMS is getting a bad rap based on uninvolved parents and students. Frankly, if your child isn't doing well maybe you should check your involvement level.

Black Diamond Middle School 2

Posted April 13, 2010
Black Diamond isn't top notch but it isn't horrible either. But they could improve on the teachers, one of the new teachers there is Mr. Sandberg he teaches Mr.wilson's old class and at first i didn't like him but I learn now in his class. Also someone once told me that it's not the soup it's somthing in the soup that makes it bad. So if you think B.D.M.S. is a bad school well then everyone in the school is bad because we are all one school.(But I should take some of my own advice because I'm not a trouble maker but im no goodie-two-shoes either.) Also if you are considering going to this school, please do because I promise you will learn, but only if you don't talk, aren't a trouble maker, and very respectful, basicly you live by the character counts, Trust me I know this from experience...

Posted February 05, 2010
This school isn't so great.Students talk back to their teacers , fights everday.

Black Diamond Middle School 1

Posted December 10, 2009

Black Diamond Middle School 2

Posted October 11, 2009
There's gum everywhere. Spray Paint. The books are lousy. The P.E is terrible. The office is so unfriendly and rude it really just boils my blood. The only good thing about this school is it's music program.

Black Diamond Middle School 5

Posted August 24, 2009

Posted August 21, 2009
I went to BDMS and it went well, I had great teachers. Sure, no school is perfect, some things could be improved but every school is like that. Don't blame the school for your kid failing, or not getting attention. Teach your kid to go after class and ask the teacher to explain the lesson in a different way. Have them take notes and participate in class. You can have them get a couple of kids' numbers who are good at the subject and have them call when they need help. Cut back on the T.V. and video games. Look over their home work with them and tell them what they need to fix/or improve. Like handwriting is suppose to be neat and able to be read. Even have them gather their friends and form a study group. Most of all be involved! Do all this and they won't fail!

Posted July 28, 2009
I have an Eight grader at Black Diamond.At first i didn't like that the teachers made no effort to get a hold of me regarding my child's education.Then the progress reports seem to be off regarding my child and her conduct.My child is a straight A and B student with no attitude problems.So after doing a little research i found out many of them had made errors.And that alot of them didn't really even remember who my child was.As their student daily ratio thru eight periods is overwelming.After writing letters to them and advocating on her behalf.They seem to have a clearer picture about who she is and what she can do.It's a good school with alot of good kids.One bad seed shouldn't give it a bad rap.If you choose this school,be involved,be visible and advocate for your child.My child has a lot of really great friends.But then again,she's pretty great.

Posted June 22, 2009
Black Diamond is a great middle school. It does have alot of gum on the floor, but its because it a very old school. Come on people, the school was built in 1995! give it a break! The principle is Great! He is very involved in our school. The teachers are great, but you have to treat the respectfully, or you wont get any respect back. And we are also going to uniforms. and I think we will have a great school year next year!

Posted June 15, 2009
If your son doesnt know what community means that is your fault. By the time your child is in middle school they should Know they live in a communtiy. Starts at home mame. Also for the lady who said the teachers are horrible and old. There are not any teachers that are old. There are seasoned teachers who are wonderful but they are not old! There are many young and middle aged vibrant teachers. No teacher at BDMS is ready to kick the bucket.. So maybe you should go to the school and meet the teachers insead of moving your child when they dont make the grades and see what the problem is. Sounds like it stems from home.

Black Diamond Middle School
4730 Sterling Hill Drive, Antioch, CA  94531
Last modified Black Diamond Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Black Diamond Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 55 reviews. Top