Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

Parents need to be more involved with their students' learning. I see this school only improving in the next few years.

Great school, don't listen to the negative reviews. In the past, before the housing crash it had many problems, but now it have greatly improved and parental involvement has increased by 10x. I have been incredibly involved and I only see brighter things happening for this school. Brentwood had a similar trend in the past. Many schools there had problems, but with time they improved. And I can only see Antioch going in the same direction.

My son has attended this school for 7th and 8th grade. This school has been a nightmare to deal with. From the fights, filthy conditions, to the absent teachers, classes that are very crowded and out of control, classes with no permanent teachers for a large part of the year. Zero communication from the administration and no return response from the majority of teachers. It is clear that most of the teachers and administration are checked out. I will, however, give rave reviews to three teachers. Mr Ting is the Orchestra/Band teacher. He an amazing teacher and his pride shows through his students and their skill. Mr Utler, engaged in the learning of these children each day. Finally Mr Ward, a history teacher. Along with teaching history, he is teaching these young people to respect themselves and take pride in their work and accomplishments. He has made a huge difference in my son's life. These three teachers are the only reason this school receives a two star rating. Otherwise, zero stars.

This is a horrible school. Fights every day, teachers afraid of the students, no type of order to any class. I sat in class with my child for an entire school day and in not one of the classes did any of the teachers have control over their classroom. Teachers don't care about the students they are just there to get through the day and collect their pay check. That is probably due to the fact that the students at this school are disrespectful and out of control. Majority of the teachers here are substitutes that cycle throughout the school year from month to month most of which aren't even certified to teach children not allowing them to pass to the next grade level. As a result they hire teachers to teach subjects they don't know how to teach just because the teacher is certified but then the children who are trying to learn are short changed because the teachers don't know what they are doing. I can go on and on about this pathetic school but in a nut shell this school is bad news and should be shut down or completely re-staffed including armed security guards.

My daughter has attended BDMS for the past two years and will be entering 8th grade this school. I have nothing but respect for the teachers and the Principle of this school. I am a very involved parent and I also work a 9 to 5 job, but I make time to make sure my daughter's homework assisgnments are complete and if she is having problems with a subject I notify the teachers by e-mail and they are more than willing to provide extra attention before or after school. I think BDMS is getting a bad rap based on uninvolved parents and students. Frankly, if your child isn't doing well maybe you should check your involvement level.

Black Diamond isn't top notch but it isn't horrible either. But they could improve on the teachers, one of the new teachers there is Mr. Sandberg he teaches Mr.wilson's old class and at first i didn't like him but I learn now in his class. Also someone once told me that it's not the soup it's somthing in the soup that makes it bad. So if you think B.D.M.S. is a bad school well then everyone in the school is bad because we are all one school.(But I should take some of my own advice because I'm not a trouble maker but im no goodie-two-shoes either.) Also if you are considering going to this school, please do because I promise you will learn, but only if you don't talk, aren't a trouble maker, and very respectful, basicly you live by the character counts, Trust me I know this from experience...

This school isn't so great.Students talk back to their teacers , fights everday.

There's gum everywhere. Spray Paint. The books are lousy. The P.E is terrible. The office is so unfriendly and rude it really just boils my blood. The only good thing about this school is it's music program.

I went to BDMS and it went well, I had great teachers. Sure, no school is perfect, some things could be improved but every school is like that. Don't blame the school for your kid failing, or not getting attention. Teach your kid to go after class and ask the teacher to explain the lesson in a different way. Have them take notes and participate in class. You can have them get a couple of kids' numbers who are good at the subject and have them call when they need help. Cut back on the T.V. and video games. Look over their home work with them and tell them what they need to fix/or improve. Like handwriting is suppose to be neat and able to be read. Even have them gather their friends and form a study group. Most of all be involved! Do all this and they won't fail!

I have an Eight grader at Black Diamond.At first i didn't like that the teachers made no effort to get a hold of me regarding my child's education.Then the progress reports seem to be off regarding my child and her conduct.My child is a straight A and B student with no attitude problems.So after doing a little research i found out many of them had made errors.And that alot of them didn't really even remember who my child was.As their student daily ratio thru eight periods is overwelming.After writing letters to them and advocating on her behalf.They seem to have a clearer picture about who she is and what she can do.It's a good school with alot of good kids.One bad seed shouldn't give it a bad rap.If you choose this school,be involved,be visible and advocate for your child.My child has a lot of really great friends.But then again,she's pretty great.

Last modified Black Diamond Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.