Bad
Good

Deer Valley High School 2

Posted April 19, 2016
They don't disappoint the kids like they should they pick and choose who they're going to discipline

Posted January 20, 2016
This school is amazing. I am so honored to have come here. People here r a bit different if you moved from out of the district but most of them are awesome. I have met all of my dearest friends at the middle school, but this school made us closer. My friends are honestly the best and so I thank this school. If your moving here don't be scared, it'll just take time to adjust you'll be fine

Posted October 08, 2014
I have two kids ( Freshman & Senior ) that currently attend to Deer Valley High School. My children have never had any issues. I have seen issues that have happened at the school that I feel were handled swiftly and appropriately by Administration.

Deer Valley High School 1

Posted July 28, 2014
This school is horrible. Students are partially naked wearing booty shorts, tank tops and slippers. Students J walk and stand around the parking lot for hours. The principle ignores parents. I wouldn't recommend this school to any one.

Posted April 02, 2014
This is my daughter's second year there. So far she has been happy going there. She has meet alot of People and made alot of friends. Teacher's are very helpful. When I have concern's on any of my daughters classes, I email the teacher and I usually get a response back within 24hrs. I just wish there weren't so many students at this school. To me it is overcrowded.

Posted February 07, 2014
I have got to say my time in DVHS is so far really GOOD! DVHS depends on how you see it and how the student accept and uses it! Most of the teachers are REALLY GOOD! the hardness of the school work depends on the subject and the teachers! The staff and the securities are also very friendly. It is among rare schools with 4 awesome academies! It's well known on SPORTS! and Its VERY DIVERSE! It is NOT true that DV is a getto high school!!! and when it comes to students, it all depends on your personality and whom you hung out with! there are about 2700 students! You can choose either a bad friend or a good friend!!! Its up to you. If you are with the wrong people, they may lead you to the wrong path but dont allow them to! PARENTS WITH NEGATIVE ATTITUDE ABOUT DV PROBABLY DONT KNOW THEIR KIDS WELL ENOUGH!

Posted February 06, 2014
This is one of the best schools in the area. My two children attended it and I am very happy with the education they received. The staff and the students were very friendly and helpful. My kids just loved it.

Posted October 11, 2013
Deer Valley High School in Antioch, CA is one of the best. I have noticed that many of the negative reviews are either written by people who have never attended that school, or are not aware of what they are talking about. Perhaps these reviews come from some representatives of private schools who are trying to lead students to their own school businesses. Deer Valley High School is a public, beautifully built, equipped, and maintained school. The security is one of the best .The staff is down to earth, friendly, carrying, and very well educated and talented. The teacher-student ratio is low so there is a lot of attention given to those who are in need and less work is given home. There is a very close relationship/ communication between teachers-students-parents. There is a melting pot of students of different nationalities but this is what America is all about, we all are human beings. The main focus is on education and well-being of all students and not materialism or other agendas. Many Deer Valley High School students and alumni are known, even on a national level, for their accomplishments in education, sports, etc

Posted June 28, 2013
Deer valley may have a bad reputation but this school is a great school over all it may a few problems but any school this size will have a few problems. Don't listen to other parents that say its ghetto or what not. Those parents just listen to the bad things their kids say and that's all kids will talk about it is all the bad stuff.

Posted March 12, 2013
I was very nervous to send my boys to this school with such a bad reputation but both have done very well becasue they have made the effort themselves. In the end it comes down to the individual student. The teachers can only provide the tools and environment. Both of my boys have found some of the teachers to me very inspiring.

Deer Valley High School
4700 Lone Tree Way, Antioch, CA  94531-8486
Last modified Deer Valley High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.