Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Both my kids attended and graduated from DVHS. This school has different pathways to offer, i.e. Business and Technology, Law and Justice Academy, Performing Arts and ACE Academy which includes Biomedical Engineering and Robotic Engineering. Student may choose their field of interest. DVHS also offers a lot of extra-curricular activities to students. My eldest son was involved in Marching Band and Track and Field and my youngest daughter was involved in Show Choir and was active participant in musical theater productions. My son graduated from SJSU and is now a Captain at USMC. My daughter will be attending UC Berkeley. DVHS prepared my kids for college and life. The teachers were very caring and would respond to your emails within 2 hours. The VP would immediately return your calls or emals. Principal Gardner calls student households every Sunday for Sunday Good News. Every high schools have their share of fights. If a crowd would ran toward the fight, my kids would go the other way. My kids met great friends who had also gone into colleges and now have great careers. The school also diverse population which is very good because the world and workplace is a diverse environment. DVHS is a good platform for diversity.

They don't disappoint the kids like they should they pick and choose who they're going to discipline

This school is amazing. I am so honored to have come here. People here r a bit different if you moved from out of the district but most of them are awesome. I have met all of my dearest friends at the middle school, but this school made us closer. My friends are honestly the best and so I thank this school. If your moving here don't be scared, it'll just take time to adjust you'll be fine

I have two kids ( Freshman & Senior ) that currently attend to Deer Valley High School. My children have never had any issues. I have seen issues that have happened at the school that I feel were handled swiftly and appropriately by Administration.

This school is horrible. Students are partially naked wearing booty shorts, tank tops and slippers. Students J walk and stand around the parking lot for hours. The principle ignores parents. I wouldn't recommend this school to any one.

This is my daughter's second year there. So far she has been happy going there. She has meet alot of People and made alot of friends. Teacher's are very helpful. When I have concern's on any of my daughters classes, I email the teacher and I usually get a response back within 24hrs. I just wish there weren't so many students at this school. To me it is overcrowded.

I have got to say my time in DVHS is so far really GOOD! DVHS depends on how you see it and how the student accept and uses it! Most of the teachers are REALLY GOOD! the hardness of the school work depends on the subject and the teachers! The staff and the securities are also very friendly. It is among rare schools with 4 awesome academies! It's well known on SPORTS! and Its VERY DIVERSE! It is NOT true that DV is a getto high school!!! and when it comes to students, it all depends on your personality and whom you hung out with! there are about 2700 students! You can choose either a bad friend or a good friend!!! Its up to you. If you are with the wrong people, they may lead you to the wrong path but dont allow them to! PARENTS WITH NEGATIVE ATTITUDE ABOUT DV PROBABLY DONT KNOW THEIR KIDS WELL ENOUGH!

This is one of the best schools in the area. My two children attended it and I am very happy with the education they received. The staff and the students were very friendly and helpful. My kids just loved it.

Deer Valley High School in Antioch, CA is one of the best. I have noticed that many of the negative reviews are either written by people who have never attended that school, or are not aware of what they are talking about. Perhaps these reviews come from some representatives of private schools who are trying to lead students to their own school businesses. Deer Valley High School is a public, beautifully built, equipped, and maintained school. The security is one of the best .The staff is down to earth, friendly, carrying, and very well educated and talented. The teacher-student ratio is low so there is a lot of attention given to those who are in need and less work is given home. There is a very close relationship/ communication between teachers-students-parents. There is a melting pot of students of different nationalities but this is what America is all about, we all are human beings. The main focus is on education and well-being of all students and not materialism or other agendas. Many Deer Valley High School students and alumni are known, even on a national level, for their accomplishments in education, sports, etc

Deer valley may have a bad reputation but this school is a great school over all it may a few problems but any school this size will have a few problems. Don't listen to other parents that say its ghetto or what not. Those parents just listen to the bad things their kids say and that's all kids will talk about it is all the bad stuff.

Last modified Deer Valley High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.