Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

The teachers are great but I am not happy with the fact that they have reduced the minutes that my daughter resive for her leaning problem. I donk anyone should take away to what their rights as students

Mno Grant alone wants kids that are at grade level or above. My son has struggled through every year since kindergarten. He is currently in 4th grade and they are kicking him out of this school due to he is behind. It has been a horrible experience. We are moving schools as we speak. I wish i could just get h** out of Antioch school district. I do not recommend this school if your child has any learning disabilities. It is so sad that my son was both through this. I am hurting inside for my son.

Having had experience with several other elementary schools with my oldest daughter and now my youngest I feel that I can give an honest assessment of my experience with Grant. First of all, 2013 was a rough year for this school with a principle change mid year. I think that has a lot to do with previous reviews. My daughters fifth grade teacher was excellent and communicated with me constantly which is very important. The school is not up to date with technology but I still feel that the education my daughter received was excellent, even if it was still old school. There was a lot of school activities and field trips through out the year. This school does require uniforms but have 3 color top options to choose from. Easy drop off/pick up area. The school is tucked away in a lovely neighborhood with a fire station less than a mile away. The playground is great! Plenty of swings! Minus two stars for lack of technology in the classrooms, running out of spirit wear by November, yearbooks not arriving until a week after school ended and lastly, not being upfront about the REAL reason their was a principle switch mid year. Google mno grant elementary principle and you'll see!

Mr. Green has made the school such a wonderful place. The students are well taken care of and my children are learning at an above average rate because of all the fabulous teachers and staff

When I went to this school from second to fifth grade, I had great teachers, I learned a lot, and I made friends with faculty and classmates alike. Unfortunately, the class sizes are very large for elementary schools. When I was going there, they had a school choir and school band, but I do not know if they still have those music programs any more. I do not know if they still have it, but they used to have classes to help students that had learning disabilities and were slower learners. They have a huge auditorium that is also used as the cafeteria. When I was there, the music room was very nice. They had a gigantic cement and grass areas for kids to do recess.

This school is terrible. The principle is horrible.The teachers are great but have way too many students. The children are getting worse every year. there is no disipline. The bad kids run the school period.

If you are really serious about your son or daughter's academic success, enroll them elsewhere. The current principal is not doing enough to improve the school environment and educational quality. My son attended 5th grade here in 2011 and it was a subpar experience. The classroom was a mess, no pencil sharpener. Very poor first, second and third impressions. If school funding is an issue, start writing to the mayor an city council, then mobilize the community to fundraise, do something for God's sake. The students at Grant Elementary (Antioch schools in general) are falling behind the high performing schools such as San Ramon, Dublin and Pleasanton. It's pathetic. Please, please, please.

I think the school has the state of art building .very nice teachers but always had and have the worse principal. my son was there since kinder-5th and graduated from that school last year and i am still somehow involve with the school but still school does not have a responsible leadership, I thing that is because district is short of finding a polite and educated person for this wonderful school.

I have found the principal and teachers very easy to communicate with. They are high quality individuals and want the best for their students. My child transferred there from another local school and I have never regretted the decision. They have now established a music program which my child loves.

I am not very happy with Grant MNO school. I tried to meet with the princapal and still have not meet with her. I am not a happy parent at this time.

Last modified Grant Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.