Posted November 24, 2013
I do not like any elementary schools in this area for my child. This is a real bummer. My child is not learning like she did like her last school in Washington. I do not like having her fly through half of her written assignments. What is she learning? I am also having to constantly help my daughter keep up in math class, they either are moving too slow or too fast for her to keep up. We have tried tutoring, I'm used to more help with these issues, any suggestions?

Posted November 24, 2013
I DID NOT LIKE THIS SCHOOL, NOT FOR ONE MINUTE. ALL MY KIDS DID WAS CRY WHEN IT CAME TIME TO GO. MORNINGS HAVE BEEN LIKE PULLING TEETH. WE WILL BE MOVING TO ANOTHER COUNTY REALY SOON. MY SON WAS TOLD TO GO BACK TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BORDER. THERE ARE MAINLY MEXICANS HERE, BUT MY ENGLISH SPEAKING SON STAND NO CHANCE. THEY EVEN TOLD HIM ITS A SHAME HE CANT SPEAK SPANISH AND HIS PARENTS SHOULD BE ASHAMED.

Posted April 03, 2013
I completely agree with you about the discipline but some of the teachers are genuine. I also do agree with you about the principal really fake and phony. Its funny thought the parent that mentioned son got a second chance. What is this juvenile detention? Lol.

Posted March 21, 2013
Parents Beware!! You will be told you kids are being taken care of. This is more like daycare. The kids are not challenged but given remedial work. The kids are chastised for everything they do. The teachers seem have been lifetime appointed when clearly the elderly teachers cannot adequately nor appropriately do anything about bullying, and kids fighting. The kids are always threatened with punishment (detention), there is no accountability on the prinicipal's part whatsoever. She is not a nice woman, my child felt extremely uncomfortable under her supervision of an incident which he was hurt. There is no communication between the teacher and the parent if your child is hurt by someone at school (teacher or child). You will no nothing until you child has been overwhelmed with issues no child should be concerned with. Completely disappointed with this school. They also just sent out notices stating they are a Title I school. They are extremely below average educationally and are in danger of being closed. Not to mention your child comes home with homework ripped out a book once or twice a week.

Posted March 21, 2013
Mrs. Ramirez is not a strong principal, especially for the demographics of the area. Discipline is not enforced and the school is unsafe.

Posted December 17, 2012
This is a fantastic school to send your children to. The staff is excellent and the schools principal is a remarkable person who gave my son a second chance when he was about to be kicked out of the district and turned him into an honor student. My girls currently attend school there and they absolutly enjoy it not to mention Ms. Ramirez has made her door open to my son any time he has problems even though he is no longer a student.

Posted December 02, 2009
Love this school. Antioch schools get a bad rap, but I could not have been happier with every teacher, administrator, and staff memeber at Kimball. My daughter attended K-2nd grade here, and last year her STAR test results were in the 97th & 99th percentile for math & language arts. All of her teachers were very supportive and I really enjoyed volunteering in the classrooom. SO many great kids!! The school wide test scores look low, but that's because the teachers (thankfully!) are not totally obsessed with teaching the test. I've moved out of Antioch, and now my daughter attends a school with a much higher 'greatschools rating' and a GATE program.. but I was much happier with Kimball. Thank you for everything!! I'll never forget this wonderful neighborhood school!! (extra special thanks to Ms. Ezidro, Ms Chamberlain, and Ms. Collins.. wonderful teachers!!)

Posted November 22, 2008
This is a great school that tries very hard to provide excellent education to its students. I particularly admire teacher Lynette Collins. She is devoted to her students, and she spends her own money to provide special learning experiences for her students.

Kimball Elementary School 4

Posted September 16, 2008
I am pleasantly surprised by this school. My child just started kindergarten this year and I was worried about the school rating, which is five. I was worried that my child was not going to get a quality education, but decided to enrolled her and give it a chance. I love her teacher, who is very organized and handles my child both with patience and sternness. My only negative comment would be that my child could be more challenged by the curriculum. The school has emplemented uniforms and I feel this was a great idea. I support this decision wholeheartedly because all the children are seen equally. This school has put my fears at rest. Thank you, Kimball Elementary.

Posted May 09, 2005
Having children who attended other Antioch School, I have gotten to meet many teachers. My child in special ed was at a different school who could not house him or take care of his needs. But at Kimball they have show nothing but love and compassion and have even been able to teach him his name, and to behave like normal children. As I see it this school including the office staff knows my son on sight and that is wonderful. His teacher is highly motavated and always happy to see parents but most of all her class. The school setting is nicer than some of the newer schools. Warm and relaxed. Children should be happy to attend Kimball Elementary.

Kimball Elementary School
1310 August Way, Antioch, CA  94509
Last modified Kimball Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kimball Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top