Posted May 21, 2012
It is our first year in this school. At first it was a big change for us coming from another school but now as we are getting involved more and more, we are understanding what ACA is all about. So far, we look forward for the next school year. Note: There's a reason why there's a wait list on this school's enrollment. If you are currently enrolled here and a parent, please get involved instead of complaining. Our kids need our support in and out of school.

Antioch Charter Academy 1

Posted May 17, 2012
The May 2, 1012 parent review is a true statement. The teachers expect the students and parents to follow the "Montesorri" standards/policies, but they themselves don't adhere to it. "Double Standard" methods. There is a divide between teachers and parents which is very evident and sad.

Posted May 08, 2012
CREATIVE, WELL ROUNDED, RESPONSIBLE, DISCIPLINED, INNOVATIVE & SELF AWARENESS = KEY TO SUCCESS! I love everything about this school. I wish this school was around when I was growing up as there might have been a lot of students that were saved from dropping out of class or students lacking creativity, self awareness and initiative when in comes to facing the real world....yes the REAL WORLD. As a parent, I appreciate the teacher's innovative ways in introducing old and new ideas to young inquiring minds. With such innovative ways comes responsibility, which means teachers needs to explain to their students the VALUE OF BEING CREATIVE, RESOLVE OF BEING DISCIPLINED and WEALTH OF HAVING RESPONSIBILITY. If you as a parent, do not value such characteristics, then this school is not for you. Parents are encourage to volunteer, parents are also encourage to ask questions about their child's progress and often are free and accommodating to talk to. Yes, this school is different in many ways and yes, this was clearly emphasized at the very beginning when you are extended the opportunity to join the Antioch Charter Academy family, so clearly, you have the choice. More power to ACA!!!!!!

Antioch Charter Academy 2

Posted May 02, 2012
The only reason this school is receiving a 2 star rating is because my child loves the materials used in the classroom, but we don't like the way the teachers yell at the students, thus violating the principles of Montessori philosophy whereby "students learn best in a non-threatening environment". They also lecture the children repeatedly over minor infractions. Whenever parents express concern about a situation/curriculum the subject is brushed aside. The children are expected (even in preschool and kindergarten) to work for 3 hrs. and 45 minutes without recess, except on Wednesdays when they get 15 minutes of free play. Parent volunteers are only allowed on Wednesdays, even when it is obvious that more help is needed.

Antioch Charter Academy 0

Posted September 13, 2009
ACA have exceptional teachers who care about their students and the rating shows it. Parents involvement is also key in keeping this great school going. In the 5 years my two kids have learned to become independent students, a big part of the ACA curriculm. Confident kids make better students and become successful in life. With 700+ for ACA and 200+ for ACA II on wait list just tells you how well this school is doing and I am proud that my kids attend ACA.

Posted September 13, 2009
My children have both graduated from ACA. They had a wonderful experience and education and were very fortunate to have attended this school. The teachers really care and want the children to learn and succeed. My boys are both at Deer Valley High School now and are both achieving very high grades thanks to the wonderful foundation ACA gave to them.

Antioch Charter Academy 3

Posted April 29, 2009

Posted January 29, 2009
I am in 7th grade at this school and i absolutely love it. I have been at this school since kindergarten and i have loved all the teachers and their styles of teaching, if you are considering this school, i definitely recommend it. Your children will love this school and so will you.

Posted March 03, 2008

Posted May 02, 2007
I have two children at ACA that are doing great. The only reason I continue to live in this area is this school! My husband comutes to the Silicon Valley and when considering a move there, we opted against it as we could not find a school as excellent as this one. With 400+ children on the waiting list I am surprised that they haven't grown. But then again. I like the small class size and the level of parental involvement surpasses even private schools. Where else can children get a Montessori based school without the price. Nowhere...we looked Rock on ACA!

Antioch Charter Academy
3325 Hacienda Way, Antioch, CA  94509
Last modified Antioch Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Antioch Charter Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews.