Antioch, CA

Jack London Elementary School 3

Posted April 11, 2013
I went to this school in kindergarten and in first grade before I was moved to Grant Elementary School / MNO Grant Elementary School. My kindergarten teacher was nice and wanted the kids to learn. My first grade teacher, I did not get along with her. I did learn at the school. There was a playground for kindergarteners and a playground for the other elementary kids. I sadly do not know what is Jack London's current situation.

Posted August 29, 2011
I am dismayed at the rating and test scores that Jack London received as I believe it doesn't reflect the true picture. The teachers are mostly dedicated and excellent. From Mrs. Jeans who instilled the love of reading and organizational skills to Mrs.Hamilton,Mrs. Carrigan,Mrs.Odegaard and Mrs. Martin who added to that foundation. I went to private Catholic schools and did find the teachers here comparable and actually more creative and inspiring. My daughter is now in the 7th grade but received an 11th grade reading level entering the 6th grade. Another son who was inspired and taught by a California Teacher of the Year Mrs. Allan, has graduated from a university and becoming a teacher. Another dd is currently in college. I still have a child in the first grade and I am confident in his teacher. Granted there is a wide variety of ESL students and maybe that is reflected in the scores as they are still acquiring proficiency and the scores may reflect the educational backgrounds of the parents which may reflect differently than the more expensive areas. However,I believe in the caliber of the JL teachers are exceptional.

Jack London Elementary School 0

Posted September 28, 2010
Jack London is a family oriented school. All 4 of my daughters went there and now my granddaughter attend. The teachers are fabulous. The parents and teachers work well together to ensure the children's academic success. The Principal Debra Harrington is a remarkable woman who always strives to set a great example on the children of both learning and having fun at the same time. Learning is suppose to be a fun adventure, isn't it??

Posted November 12, 2009
I have two boys one in second and one in third.At first i did not think highly of this school.Mostly for small things and being uninformed.After getting involved with PTA and volunteering in the classroom.My opinion has changed alot.The principle is warm and caring and teaches a nine week course to inform and involve the parents in whats going on not only in the school,but with your kids and district as well.She believes that in order for a child to be successful home and school must work together to create and nurture each child's own individual talents.I see the working parents that do just drop their kids off.And that's the extent of their involvement with their child's education.I used to be one of them.But i know now that if you get involved and active with your school.Your school becomes the best place in the world to educate your kids.

Posted November 02, 2009
I transferred my kids to Jack London after Turner Elementary was not the right fit for them. My son's 1st grade teacher Mrs. Sawyer is excellent. Immediately she was very helpful and understanding. She even called me to tell me how great he was doing and improving. This is what great teachers do!

Jack London Elementary School 0

Posted June 25, 2009
Unfortunately the situation became worst this year. We already had many conversations with the principal about the teaching quality. Past year, our daughter class had three teachers(!!!), two of them were non-experienced / low-skilled teachers. As a result, our daughter's academic-level was decreased a lot, when compared with some children that attend another schools in the area. The principal is very eloquent and friendly, but no actions were taken at all. The school's score have dropped down and we can see it on our daughter's level. We are seriously considering move to another area, in order to get a better school for our daughter.

Jack London Elementary School 1

Posted January 26, 2009

Jack London Elementary School 1

Posted June 09, 2008
The school use to be a great school. The teachers are great. I do question the principal and how safe the school is. Jack London has made a huge turn for the worst this year, which is really sad because it use to be a great school and you felt safe sending your children there.

Jack London Elementary School 5

Posted June 04, 2008

Posted September 19, 2006
London has wonderful teachers. Carrigan, Sawyer, Apel, Dettrick, Carpenter. My kids have enjoyed the school. Mr. Bergman the music teacher is great.

Jack London Elementary School
4550 Country Hills Drive, Antioch, CA  94531
Last modified Jack London Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jack London Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top