Antioch, CA

Posted February 03, 2015
I think Mission is a good school overall. So far, my child's teachers have been really great. The office staff is very helpful and friendly. There's a lot that should be done with updating the school , such as play grounds & field's condition. It's very outdated , and in definite need of help. The cafeteria ladies are screamers! I understand that kids, a lot of kids can make any day hectic but to constantly yell and be grumpy towards kids is a definite concern! It's a fairly small school so you get to recognize familiar faces quickly . The principal does her best to keep the kids safe , there are parking and pickup rules but never in forced , that's a huge problem and a Emergancy concern , there are no ways out in the event of an emergency due to cars blocking ALL lanes . I think mission is good, but there is definitely better

Posted January 25, 2015
Mission is an awesome elementary school, I've had 3 of my 4 children already pass through and my 4th child is currently a 3rd grader. I still bring my middle and high schoolers back to see their old teachers, that's what kind of impression they made on them, that they are still happy to see their elementary school teachers!

Posted July 19, 2014
My child has attended mission since kindergarten she is heading to 3rd grade I want her stable at 1 school through her elementary yrs I agree with other parents the bullying not much being done about it I ask to have phone calls returned Its like nothing ever happens I believe my child when she tells me about being bullied I know its a problem with many other children also it needs to be addressed children should be able to go to school get education feel safe have fun with friends without worrying about who's going to bully them i believe my child when we're talking she's crying letting me know what's going on at school she doesn't like to fight call other children names something has to change she's constantly telling me she really wishes that the children wouldn't fight be mean to each other just because someone is treating her like that doesn't mean she has to treat them mean either Or why can't everyone be nice my little daughter says she is the way she is because she want to set a example hopefully a lot of the children will see by her being kind and nice you can get along just as well and be friends She has a very sweet kind heart and is hurting behind the bullying

Posted August 28, 2013
We love this school and the staff too. They are making the school safer for our kids this year by changing how the kids are picked up and dropped off, and many other great changes too.

Posted April 19, 2013
I had a son and daughter who got out of Mission not long ago i currently have a daughter attending this school. I love this school but my only problem with this school is the bullying, and how some staff and teachers treat the kids. I give this school a rating of a 3.

Mission Elementary School 1

Posted December 05, 2012
My kids have been at Mission on and off for the past 3 yrs(moved away, then had to move back) I really HATE what I see going on at this school...way to much yelling from teachers at the kids and parents....Children hurting others and NOTHING really being done, but spoken too.....The Principal isn't very good at her job, things are brought to her attention, and there is ALWAYS an excuse. Some teachers are great, but MOST shouldn't be teaching. =(

Posted October 11, 2012
I'm very new to this school. I was extremely apprehensive signing my kids to this school. My first visit I noticed that the children were constantly getting yelled at. And soon, I found myself getting yelled at.. LoL. Some are rude. It isnt easy. However, the principle is amazing.

Posted August 12, 2012
This school will be the first for me - my kids will start going this year and I know efforts to improve all round depends on the Principal, teachers, and involvement of parents. As they say "A bad carpenter blames his tools". I am not going to be judgmental and will think positive my kids will get the best experience in Mission Elementary. Takes a village to raise a child - per ex President Clinton and I concur.

Mission Elementary School 4

Posted April 09, 2008
I really like the school especially the principle. She is very quick to responding to problems and complaints. I have been having an issue with my child's teacher, she is very difficult to talk to. However, the principle has help fix the problem.

Mission Elementary School 2

Posted November 22, 2006
I think Mission has some great teachers, although I think the supervision of children and leadership is not all that great.

Mission Elementary School
1711 Mission Drive, Antioch, CA  94509
Last modified Mission Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mission Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top