Bad
Good

One of the better elementary schools in Antioch. Lots of teacher and family involvement. Our daughter started here in Kindergarten and has progressed so much. She is challenged as she should be. Mrs. Converse is the best teacher very caring teacher. Haven't really had issues with the front desk as others pointed out.

My kids just started at this school. It is great. My son was below grade level now he is above grade level. Teachers are dedicated and the staff is very friendly.

I have 2 children at this school and they both love it. All of the teachers have been wonderful and my kids are excelling. The principal is very friendly and seems to be doing a great job with the kids and school. The reason I can't give 5 stars is because the office staff/assistants are extremely rude. I've also seen them treating other parents this way, not just myself. They are very snippy and condescending. It makes me wonder how they treat the children. Luckily my kids haven't had any run-ins with them and I hope they never do based on how I've been treated. Besides them, this school is wonderful. The atmosphere is very welcoming and family oriented.

Overall I feel the school is better than most. My son has been there for three years and although he has had some issues with troublesome kids he likes his teachers and enjoys going. There are a lot of kids that are up to no good there though and the office staff is incredibly rude.

My child currently attends this school and we could not be happier (so far). My child is in the kinderarten in Mrs. Fontaine's class & she has been a WONDERFUL teacher! Intitally, she had to challange my daughter to cooperate and participate. She made us aware of this and also nformed us of her stradegy in working with her. Over time my daughter adjusted, loves her teacher and the friends she has made at this school. This teacher always keeps the parents in the loop as to how your child is doing (good or bad). She takes the time to answer any questions you have in person or through email. I am hoping our experience with all the other teachers are this great as she has set the bar high! As for the school campus it is kept nice and clean as it should be. The office administration does a good job as well, in my opinion. The staff is friendly and attends to your questions or needs as soon as they are available. Last but not least, the API scores are ok but could improve. In my opinion, parents should try to recongnize their child's weaknesses & work w/them on those areas as well as challenge their academic strengths when possible.

This school is a hit or miss with the teachers, no consistancy with the education and attention our children get. The office faculty is terrible, for over three years I have dealt with the two ladies that run the front desk of the school and they are very rude. This is not a personal issue either, I have witnessed many parents being treated as if they are nothing by the office staff. Due to the variety of people in this area the childrens behaviors vary greatly. You can have some very respectful children and some that are terrible role models. I hear young children swearing at eachother daily and my child comes home weekly telling me who has hit him today and what bad language was presented to him. Regardless if the school disciplines the children with a detention (time out) the bad apples continue with a negative behavior having a great impact on the positive and well behaved students around them. I want my child out of here asap!

Just moved in to the area and went to pick up enrollment forms. The office staff was rude and very condescending. Even continued their conversation for a few minutes instead of acknowledging I was even present. Based on this I will not be sending my child here.

The teachers are really dedicated to the school. The only thing I wish for is that more parents get involved not just here but in California as a whole. Teachers can't do it alone.

I support my local elementary school. The school does a great job of champing its students!.

I love our school and so do do my kids. The teachers are intelligent and the staff are great. My kids have learned so much this year.

Last modified Muir (John) Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.