Holy Rosary School

Private | K-8

Living in Antioch

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $142,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,370.

Sweep tile

Posted April 13, 2014

I do believe that this school is great academically, but there is much room for improvement to make this a school kids would want to go to. A few teachers yell at their students and make them participate in punishments that are only meant for one troublemaker. I believe that the way morals are being taught should not be enforced with yelling which appears to be often. Favoritism is rampant among students and teachers through all grades. Teachers treat children differently from one another and let things slide for some and not for others. Overall, I am uncertain if teachers and students behave as I hold them up to be. And I hope children at Holy Rosary have a better impression of their class, teachers, and peers in the future.

Posted February 7, 2014

Yes the school has a new principal who has had to deal with an inherited a huge deficit from that so called "great principal" you speak of. I think we are on our way to becoming an awesome faith filled 21st century catholic school. The new principal from day one has been honest and transparent about the schools situation. Something that never happened before.

Posted January 11, 2014

This school used to be one of the best schools but now when the principle retired and they got a new one it went down hill. They have a young principle that doesn't know anything about being a principle. They also are supposed to be an anti bully school there are bullies there that have been there for years and the school principle and office have been informed but nothing has been done. The one thing that this is good about is technology it is very impressive. If you have a child that is above average or below average I do not recommend this school for them at all.

Posted August 29, 2013

Today really made me understand the other cheek when a school does not lower themselves to there students level sometimes to help understand them more. I have learned that this school does not have the highest potential for there students, they believe they are better than everyone else and do not step up for the kids. The kids are not perfect but if they do not have someone try and understand them and help them thru the rough times we have no hope especially in a religious school. Who is suppose to give everyone a first, second and third chance especially if they did no wrong. Be careful who you trust with your child if they feel there is anything wrong with your child especially when they are going thru and emotion time they will throw you to the curb.

Posted August 27, 2013

This is the Best school for your children! I am a proud parent of two boys who attend Holy Rosary School. There is no better school in the area to get your child prepared for De La Salle or Carondelet High school. More than academics your children will be educated with the best spiritual principles for life. Every child is treated like family.

Posted April 22, 2011

I have 2 children at this school and thus far I have noticed that there is a lot of parent involvement. For instance in the 2nd grade there are 2 parents for 2 hours or more on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays,and on Thursdays 2 parent helping for 1 hour. Also, there is a teacher's aide in each class. There are 2 classes for each grade. It is nice to know that your child will know most of the kids in her or his class the following year especially in the earlier grades. It is nice to be in a school where all the parents are fully committed to their child's upbringing. There is also CYO for all different type of sports, school choir, affordable guitar lessons, and after school homework help too. The principal is very level headed and calm.

Posted April 1, 2011

There are many private schools in the Bay Area producing great students that have mastered the art of testing for exams. Indeed, these students will benefit by scoring high on exams later in life, but will they have the foundation that a Catholic education provides to the whole child? Academic excellence must have an equal importance to the spiritual, intellectual, social, and physical development of each unique child. Holy Rosary School bases their education upon the teachings of Jesus Christ - teachings which foster respect, responsibility, justice, gratitude, and peacefulness. We are very fortunate to have our son and daughter at HRS. We all share a common bond in the teachings of Jesus Christ and the Holy Bible. The principal (Mrs. Susana Lapeyrade-Drummond) coupled with our Pastor (Father Roberto Corral) and school/church staff create a very unique, safe and loving experience for the students and parents as one Catholic family. When our children are disciplined or rewarded by staff, it is earned. God bless, Best of the Bay: http://bestofthebaytv.com/view/1241 Holy Rosary School: http://www.holyrosarycatholicschool.org/hrs/hrsindex.html The Sloan Family

Posted November 7, 2010

My child has been attending Holy Rosary School since Pre-K. Throughout the years I have become unhappy with many facets that have yet to be addressed. Agreeably with other comments, the school as a whole has very strong clicks amongst parents, as well as, the staff. Favoritism is also prominent in almost every situation, whether it's seeing the same students year after year in the yearbook, to the same students that get selected over other students for certain events, etc. I am at this school day-in and day-out and occasionally volunteer in classroom activities. I see and hear things enough to say that I am highly disappointed at the overall outcome of this school's environment. The academic programs are GOOD but the integrity of the ADMINISTRATION staff HAS YET to surface.

Posted March 12, 2010

I continue to be disappointed with the teaching staff and Principle. Favoritism and lack of Christian values are very present daily! I have never experienced a Teacher yelling and disciplining children as i do at Holy Rosary. Problem childeren need to be addressed not all should suffer consequences. Major click leaving other children left out and gossip among Teachers...I don't get it! I question returning next year.

Posted June 29, 2009

I feel this school as lost alot of the meaning that should be there. The School has such a large click among the staff and their childern that attend the school .that the rest of the childern suffer. The Principal really needs to get a grip there. Families are leaving at a rapid rate.Look at the real Picture. we are not making trouble.Just stating FACTS.Our childern Matter as well.Not returning next year..

Posted December 3, 2008

Holy Rosary School is an educational masterpiece. The children learn at above grade level standards than the traditional public schools in AUSD. I person commented about too many distractions in the classroom at Holy Rosary. I bet they are eating their words now if they went into many of the public schools in Antioch. The teaching staff is wonderful and very dedicated to education, life skills, and religious education. We love it at Holy Rosary and highly recommend it to those serious about a quality education.

Posted June 2, 2008

I agree with some parents that favoritism is strong at Holy Rosary School. My son was bullied twice and they did not do a fair call about it. We felt discriminated. Academically, I think they need to improve because we found a big difference in the curriculum when we transferred school.

Posted May 7, 2007

My experience at Holy Rosary School is that it is an excellent environment for academics, religion, and life skills. Each classroom has a master teacher supported by certified teacher aids. The staff are dedicated individuals who have passion for teaching. I have been pleased with the teacher communication and partnership. In addition, my child has the kind of friendships that will be with her for a long time. The overall experience at HRS is invaluable.

Posted September 19, 2006

We left the school after too many disappointments. There seemed to be no discipline with very disruptive children.

Posted September 5, 2006

We have two children enrolled at this school and could not imagine them being anywhere else. It is a faith filled community that embraces everyone and their needs. During a time of family hardship and the birth of our forth son, the support we received was undescribable. Would highly recommend this school!
—Submitted by a former student

Posted August 30, 2006

The teachers in the medium level grades are very good; however, the Junior High teachers leave much to be desired in their abilities to instruct, guide, influence, and motivate. The school claims to be a loving, Christian environment; however, favoritism is rampant throughout the school--modeled mostly by the administration that is running the school and copied by the children. The principal is very competent but needs better support.

Posted September 15, 2005

Holy Rosary School has a very good Math program . The math program for students in grades 4-8 has a maximum student teacher ratio of 20 /1. The levalized groups places your child in a group that is supportive of your child's learning style. The teachers are also helpful, often times tutoring students after school when ever needed.

Posted July 4, 2005

Great school! my daughter has learned a lot. The academic principals they apply have worked well and I am very pleased.

Posted December 7, 2004

I have really been dissapointed at the class size. No matter how great the teacher, 30-36 kids is just way too much. Also, academics doesn't seem to be the top priority at this school.

Posted December 6, 2004

I have really not been pleased with the class size. No matter how great the teacher is, 30-36 kids is just way too much to have in a class. I also feel academics aren't any better than that of a public school education, I am really regretting my decision to put my child in this school.

Ethnicity This school
Black 6%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 1%
American Indian/Alaska Native 0%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Oakland

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

25 East 15th Street