K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

For a Catholic School, the values and morals of the students are very poor. There are some very good teachers at the school but discipline is lacking. Bulling is a huge problem, especially among the middle school students. Overall education is average to good. I expected so much more from a private school.

why is the only kid that is jewish my son, when it is a jewish parish. -a concerned jewish mom

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

My son is in the seventh grade but he still cant count to 10, I'am very concerned about my son's health, i know this problem cant be me because i stopped giving him dinosaur nuggtes and he has graduated to pizza bites with number shapes. I know his father is my cousin but still. - your freindly nade-bro hood spooderman

This is an excellent school. Teachers and staff are very caring. Principal Timothy Hooke so far is great. Atmosphere is family (everyone welcomes you!) Parents are also involved with their child's education- very important! Before/After school program Serendipty great for working parents like me and my husband. We pulled our daughter out of Antioch public and wow what a difference. She is structured, polite, and get this, finally knows how to STUDY. She is surrounded by other kids who are on top of it so she is not lazy. This was the main reason we pulled her out of public. You are only as strong as the weakest link. At Holy Rosary everyone pulls together so you all catch up at the same time. Wish we sent her here earlier. Highly recommend Holy Rosary.

The principal is unqualified and lacks strong leadership skills. She only taught for a few years before taking on the position. She does not possess the experience and expertise needed to run a school. There are far better Catholic schools out there under the leadership of a much more knowledgeable and accomplished principal.

I do believe that this school is great academically, but there is much room for improvement to make this a school kids would want to go to. A few teachers yell at their students and make them participate in punishments that are only meant for one troublemaker. I believe that the way morals are being taught should not be enforced with yelling which appears to be often. Favoritism is rampant among students and teachers through all grades. Teachers treat children differently from one another and let things slide for some and not for others. Overall, I am uncertain if teachers and students behave as I hold them up to be. And I hope children at Holy Rosary have a better impression of their class, teachers, and peers in the future.

Yes the school has a new principal who has had to deal with an inherited a huge deficit from that so called "great principal" you speak of. I think we are on our way to becoming an awesome faith filled 21st century catholic school. The new principal from day one has been honest and transparent about the schools situation. Something that never happened before.

This school used to be one of the best schools but now when the principle retired and they got a new one it went down hill. They have a young principle that doesn't know anything about being a principle. They also are supposed to be an anti bully school there are bullies there that have been there for years and the school principle and office have been informed but nothing has been done. The one thing that this is good about is technology it is very impressive. If you have a child that is above average or below average I do not recommend this school for them at all.

Today really made me understand the other cheek when a school does not lower themselves to there students level sometimes to help understand them more. I have learned that this school does not have the highest potential for there students, they believe they are better than everyone else and do not step up for the kids. The kids are not perfect but if they do not have someone try and understand them and help them thru the rough times we have no hope especially in a religious school. Who is suppose to give everyone a first, second and third chance especially if they did no wrong. Be careful who you trust with your child if they feel there is anything wrong with your child especially when they are going thru and emotion time they will throw you to the curb.

This is the Best school for your children! I am a proud parent of two boys who attend Holy Rosary School. There is no better school in the area to get your child prepared for De La Salle or Carondelet High school. More than academics your children will be educated with the best spiritual principles for life. Every child is treated like family.

Last modified Holy Rosary is a Private school that serves grades K-8