No rating

Heritage Baptist Academy

Private | K-12 | 93 students

Living in Antioch

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $213,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $2,120.

Posted September 21, 2013

The school maintains a smaller class size but no matter the class size, each student is treated as an individual and the teachers minister to the whole family. What a great balance! The academics are strong but there is a great emphasis on spiritual growth as well. I have four children attending currently in 1st through 7th grade. I just cannot imagine having my children anywhere else in this area as they strive to teach service to others, patriotism, respect, loyalty, and discipline. Those are some lost qualities in our world today!

Posted August 27, 2013

Heritage provides the kind of education that is needed to help young people think clearly to navigate the complex world in which they live. All of our children are graduates of HBA, and God has greatly used what they learned there to help them live lives that please the Lord.

Posted August 27, 2013

This school is academically challenging and accredited. It's also a good, Christian environment for my child. I don't want to give up one for the other. I don't have to at Heritage Baptist Academy!

Posted August 20, 2013

This year my son will be graduating from Heritage Baptist Academy. We have had the privilege of seeing him go through all grades from K-5 through 12th and our daughter graduated 2 years ago and started in the 2nd grade. As a parent, I am thankful for a school that not only exceeds in providing an excellent academic foundation, but I know that my children are cared and prayed for by their teachers. I would recommend Heritage Baptist Academy for any parent looking to send their children to a private school.

Posted August 19, 2013

We love Heritage! Our daughter goes there and has been doing great since kindergarten. The teachers love The Lord and their students. The tuition is very competitive.

Posted August 11, 2013

Great school and a great staff that truly loves their students.Their academic standards are high and they won't tolerate bulllys or students who miss-behave on a regular basis.When I see bad reviews from former students I have to believe that they were some of the ones with behavioral issues.Heritage Baptist Academy is a wonderful school.

Posted July 22, 2013

Great school. The staff is well trained! Children are taught advanced math and grammar. Emphasis on holiness and godliness. Chapel everyday and caring people is a plus. 3 children here and plan on staying till they graduate!

Posted July 8, 2013

There is nothing more rewarding than providing a good academic foundation in a spiritually nurturing environment. I am grateful to have my four boys enrolled in the academy. I am prayerful that the ministry will continue for many generations to come.

Posted July 3, 2013

Graduate student I started attending Heritage in the 4th grade and ended up graduating from there. Heritage was a great school; it pushed me academically and spiritually. Just like any school it has it's flaws, but when you look at them from a mature and common sense stand point you understand that evey place has its ups and downs. Because in all reality the pros of Heritage greatly out weighed the cons. The teachers there are well equipped and truely care for their students. I believe evey year Heritage seeks to improve itself and go where God is leading them, and through that they have become and are becoming a great school. So thankful my patents put me in this school.

Posted April 5, 2013

Formerly had child in school- focus on discipline is overdone, extremely strict to the letter and just about stifling, creating many hard feelings in students that last long term, turning them off to things of God. Academics are basic, not advanced. Limited extra activities.

Posted February 8, 2013

As a parent I am thankful to have Heritage to send my son. He can't wait to go to school every day! He loves his teacher and his teacher loves him. She even emails us updates each week on important issues and events. It's a great school.

Posted January 28, 2011

Hi, I am a former student from HBA. Its funny how all the people that write reviews only say how safe their kids feel or how nice the school is but they don't write on the reality! Like I said I was a former student. Let me tell you that it is all not peaches and cream at that school! They make the kids clean the classroom, clean the campus, and make them set up stages for programs and things like that. I am not saying that manual labor is wrong, but the thing is that the teachers are telling the students what to do instead of helping the students, also that the parents are paying tons and tons of money for their kids to go and work and clean!? The education is not good at all! People you are not investing anything! It is a lie that their curriculum is advanced! Here is the deal If you want to pay half a grand a month for your kids to be "SAFE", then go ahead! But if you want a true honest school that actually teaches you kids and doesn't make the clean the school then keep on looking, because this school is NOT for people who want their children to learn!

Posted February 22, 2009

Our son is a 6th grader and has been in the academy since kindergarden. I went through the public schol system myself with all the bullys, foul langauge, the mean kids and the likes. This is an investment in our son life and can't imagine our son anywhere else.

Posted September 23, 2008

I am so thankful for Heritage Baptist Academy. We have been sending our children to HBA for 9+ years and have experienced grades K - 12. The staff are loving and truly care for the students. SAT scores are consistently above average. Most importantly they teach everything from a biblical point of view and encourage spiritual growth and Christ-likeness in the students. Chapel is every day unlike most christian schools who have it once a week. This is evidence that learning about eternal matters is of utmost importance at HBA. Like any private school, paying tuition is a sacrifice, but I wouldn't consider sending my children anywhere else. In my opinion HBA is the next best thing to homeschooling. I know almost all of the staff very well and I am confident my children are safe and with people who genuinely care about them when I drop them off at school.

Posted January 31, 2008

My daughter is in their kindergarten program this year and started reading before the Christmas break. They have a strong phonics program and a challenging academic program, for which I am thankful. They also stress the importance of good, Christian character, something that is lacking in our world today. I am thankful for Heritage and would recommend them to all.

Posted November 6, 2007

Since attending HBA my child has grown spiritually and has shown so much growth in her walk with the Lord. I appreciate the open lines of communication with the teachers and the genuine care and concern they have for the children. I also would recommend HBA because of the strong academic program.

Posted October 26, 2007

I think this school not only prepares the child academically, but also teaches the fundamentals of being a christian according to the bible. I appreciate the strong value of character traits in the classroom and the loving environment my children are taught in. I hope more sports programs will grow to compete with other schools.

Posted October 25, 2007

The whole staff is caring and God-centered. I have enjoyed and worked well with all teachers and staff my 2 boys have had. My boys are challenged, disciplined and loved at this school. We also have enjoyed the baseball and soccer program.

Posted May 20, 2005

Heritage Baptist Academy is focused on training students who have a desire to be strong Christians. It has an outstanding academic program, with students in the high school ranking consistently in the 85th percentile or better on their SAT's. In math, individual averages from 7th through 12th grade are in the 90th percentile or higher. They also have an excellent music program.

Posted June 12, 2004

This school is a very good school, academically. But needs a lot of extra curricular activities for the students. The teachers are good in providing one-to-one support and students love them. Including Science in the curriculum will benefit students.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Rev. James Oesterwind
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Associations
  • AACS

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

5200 Heidorn Ranch Road