Posted July 21, 2014
I don't see how anybody could dislike this school. It's pretty awesome! One thing that upset me last year was seeing all of the special needs kids picking up OUR trash. They didn't make that mess. They're only having fun doing it because they don't know what they're doing.. Other than that I love this school. Our varsity football team STUNK last year. But our freshman team was great! Just think of when we're seniors our football is going to kill! All of our other sports are great also!! I definitely recommend this school to everybody.

Posted February 16, 2014
I think this is the best school in the High Desert! This school really preps students for college. The kids are great but the teams except for baseball are not so good (like terrible, I never saw the football team win and I'm in the band x_x) I would suggest any student to attend this wonderful school.

Granite Hills High School 3

Posted August 04, 2013
It's sad to say that the thing that I like best about granite is my friends. But one thing that I think is cool is that some of the science teachers have live animals in their classroom, which I think makes the class more interesting. The library looks cool because it has a upper and lower floor, but students aren't allowed to go up there.... Then what's the point at having it. Yes you need an adult because some kids are immature, but then again some like to read books. Well about lunch, the food is ok, it really depends on what you get. I think granite could use some more trees and tables because there's 2000 students and definitely not enough places to sit in the shade. The entire last year I had to stand because all the sitting places were taken. We need some new tables or benches in the shade. The main thing we need is money. But I'm afraid that if we get money then we're just going to spend it on something stupid like that granite bolder. Who needs a giant rock when you could use that money for something so much more useful.

Posted August 30, 2012
Granite is great! The school's AP program is excellent, along with its teachers and staff. The extracurricular activities along with the athletic programs make the school even better. I would highly recommend this school to anyone considering whether or not to come to Granite.

Posted September 09, 2011
Im Just a senior now and its a great awsome fun school thats were most of the kids go for high school i love it her and im sure ill miss this school after i graduate.

Granite Hills High School 2

Posted February 16, 2011
I have two students at Granite Hill and find the school to be very raciest to say the least,. Next when a teacher is absolutely wrong the staff looks the other way. My daughter was in a science class and the teacher removed her from the class and had her take a different test then her peers, when she complained she was ignored so she went to the board members of the district and nothing has been done. I send my children to school for an education not to be pick on by teachers who think they are right. Next this school does not celebrate black history month and has never, how ever at lunch every year they make sure they celebrate cinco de mayo. I wish they would treat all students the same.

Posted April 17, 2010

Granite Hills High School 0

Posted September 07, 2009
This is my sons first year at GHHS. I love this school! After attending Silverado HS in Victorville, this school is a God send. At Silverado, his freshman year, he had 1600 students just in the freshman class. We were told only half of those would make it to their senior year and only half of those would graduate. Granite Hills is so much more about the individual student and not the masses that bring in the money. No school is perfect, but Granite Hill is pretty close.

Posted August 29, 2009

Granite Hills High School 0

Posted August 27, 2009
As a parent of a one graduate and one current student I continue to have concerns about GHHS. Teachers are more concerned with what is good for them than their students. They teach curriculum not students. My biggest concern is with the administration. It is not child centered, it is only concerned with money, and the principal is disengaged with the student body and is only looking to make no waves as he attempts to move up the district ladder. If you are looking at GHHS as an incomming parent do yourself a favor and seek out one of the charter high schools.

Granite Hills High School
22900 Esaws Road, Apple Valley, CA  92307
Last modified Granite Hills High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Granite Hills High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top