Posted June 08, 2014
This school is an amazing school the teachers are very helpful with the kids and the principal is very nice and fun.I really recomend this school to all parents that are looking for a fun and that provides great education.

Posted April 02, 2014
Sitting Bull Academy is a wonderfully balanced K-8 school. The administrative staff, teachers and support staff have a solid and united view that our students come first. This is evidenced in the teaching styles, curriculum taught, programs offered and student success. The counselors choose responsible 7th-8th grade students to be "Bear Buddies to the lower grade students. They are also encouraged to be a kindergarten aide for their elective classes. This positive student interaction helps the flow of lower grades to upper grades and take any fear away from progressing through middle school. Our school is also unique in that it has it's own enclosed gym facility - perfect for assemblies, award ceremonies and various sporting events. It has an all around speaker system and full bleachers so everyone can have a good view. Sitting Bull academy is the only K-8 school I would consider sending my children too. Their 5 pillars of character are practiced every day from the students to the staff. GO BEARS!!

Posted March 28, 2012
Love this school! I moved my son here from a smaller private school and was apprehensive at first. It has been a very positive experience for him! He was able to play on the basketball team and loves his teachers and his classes. The principal is amazing and very involved with the students. She has great rewards for reaching AR goals and incentives for good grades. My husband and I have been very pleased with how the school deals with discipline issues as well. My son, in middle school, actually enjoys going to school!

Posted March 27, 2012
I couldn't be happier with this school. I have two children that attend SBA. One on the lower campus in 1st grade and the other on the upper campus in 5th grade. The first grade teachers are fabulous. My daughter has learned so much this year. She has grown so much, especially in her reading skills! My son has a fabulous team of teachers in 5th grade. They are so supportive and pull out all of the stops to make sure our students are getting the best education possible. The principal is wonderful too! She works so hard and has such a big heart when it comes to the students at our school. She is always trying to find new ways to encourage, motivate, and reward the students for academic success. Character counts too!! That is why all of the staff at the school are trained and teach the students character education, starting in kindergarten up to 8th grade. My son has come home from GATE academies just thrilled with all of the great information he has learned and a desire to learn more! The arts are also taught at this school, with many of the grade levels doing performances. My daughter was thrilled with her 1st grade performance. I highly recommend this school.

Posted March 27, 2012
I absolutely LOVE this school. I have had kids at this school since it opened 6 years ago. I currently have kids on the upper and lower campuses. I can't say enough about the teachers and staff. I have a child in the GATE program and one that was really struggling to get by a couple of years ago. I have seen both ends of the playing field. The teachers are caring and put the kids above all. They volunteer extra time to give the kids a great educational experiences like science fairs, book fairs, evenng performances. They challenge my GATE student and worked closely with my one that was struggling. The extra effort from his 2nd grade teacher made all the difference in the world. He is a completely different student. Not only do the teachers care about the kids, they care about the families and encourage parental involvement in all school activities and the classrooms. It is so nice to walk through the campus and so many teachers and staff know who you are - not just another face - but actually know your name and which children are yours. Again, I LOVE this school.

Sitting Bull Academy 2

Posted January 08, 2012
I am not happy with this school. They expect to much out of my child. It seems that if shes not at 100% they are going to hold her back, shes at an 85% explain that. We are changing schools. My child should not have diarrhea before school at the age of 6 because of stress. I believe these teachers are unhappy therefore it affects our children. What happened to teachers that cared? I guess with budget cuts we dont have that anymore. Pretty sad when a 6yr old tells you weekly that they do not like school.

Sitting Bull Academy 0

Posted November 30, 2009
I have a Daughter in 1st grade this is her second year at sitting bull I also have a son in perschool. I can not say enough good things about this school they have awsome teachers that care for thier students and have a great befor school program for students that are having acedemic problems. The parents also have a big part of the students school lives. My daughter loves Team Day at school.

Sitting Bull Academy 1

Posted November 03, 2009
New Campus, which is nice. Our teacher can't seem to find enough time in her schedule to listen to the kids. My son is a new student transferring from out of state and is ignored most of the time. He comes home upset almost daily. The principal disregarded my attempt to contact her and still has yet to respond despite my constant attempts. I plan on moving to a different school, even if I have to pay.

Posted September 20, 2009

Sitting Bull Academy 3

Posted May 16, 2009
My son is finishing up his 4th grade year. The school is new and campus is nice but the classes are overcrowded and they don't ask for a lot of help from the parents - to relieve the teachers. I've offered all year to help in my son's class of 32 kids - and was never taken up on it. Yet the teacher lets her kids know how overwhelmed she is....Maybe it's just his teacher, but I can't help but think the stress is probably shared among the staff.

Sitting Bull Academy
19445 Sitting Bull Road, Apple Valley, CA  92308
Last modified Sitting Bull Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sitting Bull Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top