Apple Valley, CA

Posted November 24, 2014
I was a parent there. We left that area because of that school. It is the worst school any of my children attend. If you love your children you will check out EVERYTHING about Rio Vista. It is not a school that cares about the welfare and safety of children.

Posted September 19, 2014
i love Rio Vista and it's a great for you and they have great teachers and they help my student out with math and now she loves math.

Posted April 22, 2014
Love this school! Teachers are very competent and provide wonderful direction for students. My kids have received a great education.

Posted January 17, 2014
I wrote a review on 11/19/2013 saying how much I really wished all 3 of my boys were back at Rio! Happy to say, they're going back! Seriously parents, if you're thinking of taking your children to any other school in this HD, please, take it from me, I strongly suggest you don't. For parents looking for a great school, and by that, I don't just mean academically, a school with awesome teachers, a wonderful principal, friendly staff, involved parents, and terrific kids, Rio Vista is your school! Rio Vista is by far the greatest school in the HD!

Posted November 14, 2013
Rio Vista is the best school in the desert by far! To the parent complaining about kinder homework, I believe my children's success in kinder was not from homework, but from review of sight words from flash cards, which were given to us by the teacher,as well as reading nightly with them. We counted everywhere and sang their shape songs with them, which they learned in school. We also worked together on their theme projects, which were assigned by the kinder teachers and put into a beautiful memory book, also by the kinder teachers.The teachers at Rio do an amazing job! We as parents need to support them by making sure we're working as hard at home with our children as they do with them at school.

Posted November 11, 2013
And btw, I strongly believe that the kinder teachers can step it up a notch. By this time they should all ready know how to read. That is something I expect coming out of kinder. Homework also shoul be assigned even though if it's just tracing it teaches the kids structure. I remember complaining in my children's previous school for giving them a 30 page packet for the week but know I see how my daughters excelled because of it. I'm nervous and feel like my son is being cheated because of the fact that they don't give the kinder kids hw!

Posted October 18, 2013
I LOVE this school. I don't agree at all with the other review about bullying at Rio vista. All 3 of my children attend school here, and I volunteer 3 days a week, so I am on campus ALL of the time. The kids, teachers, and principal are wonderful! There are a couple of teachers that should retire because they are clearly burnt out, but you will get that at any school. Overall, this is an amazing school and I'm happy to be a part of it!

Posted September 26, 2013
Our child just started Kindergarden and we have all had a wonderful experience! Our child is so eager to go to school, he loves his teacher and is doing much better than we expected. We are very happy with the interaction we have had with the teachers we have met. We are grateful for our experience.

Posted January 17, 2013
We had a horrible experience at this school and in dealing with the Apple Valley Unified School District. My child was bullied for 18 months straght and not one staff member seemed to notice or care. In addition to this, my daughter was physically pushed by the proctor who still remains employed at the school to this day. If you care for your children, you will place them at another school within a different school district.

Posted April 25, 2012
Since I have sent my 3 children to Rio Vista the wake up every morning eagerly want to go to school. Their attitudes when they get home are uplifting and have so much to say about their classmates and what they have learned that day. The encouragement from the priciple and teachers is a wonderful approach to pushing the children to succeed. 5 Stars from me ...Way to go Rio Vista Elementary school.

Rio Vista Elementary School
13590 Havasu Road, Apple Valley, CA  92308
Last modified Rio Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rio Vista Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top