Bad
Good

Sandia Elementary School 1

Posted January 17, 2014
If mediocrity is good enough for you, here's your school. My son could have really used some additional help with his reading, however because he read at just a smidge below standard reading level, I couldn't get him any form of help. Not even after school tutoring. I was told he had to be "A lot worse" --exact words. I was unaware students needed to be A LOT worse! The staff members in the office are about as friendly as prison guards. The ONE STAR rating is for my youngest sons teacher. She's great! Other than my sons teacher, I would say if you're looking for mediocre, lots of bullying, and unfriendly staff, Sandia's your school! Happy to say, my children are going back to their old school!

Posted August 17, 2010
I use to go there when I was little! In 96 97 98 and 99!!!! I miss Sandia! Than I moved to PA when I was in 4th grade! :( I always loved Sandia. Everyone was sooo nice there. The only down fall was combo classes. They arn't good for children in any state or school. Im no longer a student their though. :( ~Kyleigh MacGregor

Posted March 01, 2010
my kids go to this school i really like the stuff are very nice.

Posted December 17, 2008
My children all have nothing but good things to say about Sandia's staff and principal I enjoy doing volunteer work there.

Posted December 17, 2008
I have read several of the reviews and cannot believe what some say. The is an emphasis on parent volunteer because they are an important part of the students education. Unfortunately, many of the parents only want to complain and not help out. I have volunteered at Sandia for years and love it. The staff is wonderful and very friendly. For the parents who say otherwise....Have you taken the time to get to know them or simply just complained?

Posted October 07, 2008
This is a great school. From the principal to the PTO members, this school rocks.

Posted August 13, 2008
This school is wonderful! The office staff and principal are fantastic people! They are very friendly and very good with the students. The teachers are also wonderful people! I am very thankful that my children are in such a great school!

Posted September 19, 2007
Sandia is an awesome school. Never before in my experience as a sub have I seen a staff pull together for the students like they do at Sandia. Mrs. Shelby is a wonderful principal. She often stays way after hours so that cub scouts and girl scouts can meet in the cafeteria. The office staff is warm and friendly. Their priority is the safety of the students. The school is community-oriented and has a great parent-volunteer program. They have the best assemblies, a band program, track, GATE, SAGE, after-school interventions, and family nights. My son has attended another, higher scoring school in Apple Valley, and I brought him back to Sandia where they know every child by name. This school is dynamic and has a great staff.

Sandia Elementary School 2

Posted August 23, 2007
Teachers are great. The office staff and Principal are a different story. The office staff has no knowledge of what is going on at the school and I think the Principal could do a better job. I agree with the other parent...there is no organization to the school.

Sandia Elementary School 2

Posted May 10, 2007
This is an average school. There is a lot of things that need to be improved on. There are no sports programs, there are very little after school activities unless you are a student that is below average standards, the G.A.T.E. program needs to be completely revamped, and the parent support is not there. The academics in the school appears to be geared to bring all the students up to grade level. The students that are at or above grade level are not challenged or encouraged to strive for more. The teachers do what they can but are limited do to resources. The office staff and principal appear to be unapproachable. When you walk in you don't get a warm greeting you feel as if you are bothering them. This school does however offer classes to ESL parents, which is great for the community.

21331 Sandia Road, Apple Valley, CA  92308-7722
Last modified Sandia Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.