Apple Valley, CA

Sycamore Rocks Elementary School 4

Posted October 02, 2014
I really love this school for my child. She has always had wonderful teachers who genuinely seem to care. My only complaint is the principal who should have retired years ago. She is haughty and has a very unapproachable and hard demeanor. Definitely not kid friendly.

Posted September 02, 2014
I am so happy that I found the school for my children it has done wonders especially for my middle child he went from being behind to where he needs to be and then some all of the teachers are so easy to talk to the principal is very friendly she always has a smile on her face the ladies in the office are wonderful as well the campus is always clean the art fair each year is just super fun for the kids and for the families to get together even back to school nite is very well put together and fun for the family

Sycamore Rocks Elementary School 4

Posted May 18, 2014
Sycamore a Rocks is a beautiful campus with exceptional teachers. My only complaint is the principal. She has absolutely no people skills and has no business overseeing teachers much less children.

Posted September 26, 2013
Exceptional in all academic area's. I highly suggest Sycamore Rocks to anyone looking for a K-6...wonderful enriching school

Posted August 03, 2013
Our school has a great leader in our principal. She keeps the staff, students and parents informed about all the changes we are facing and has lead the school to award-winning academic success. Sycamore Rocks staff credit much of this success to the Visual and Performing Arts program that is built into daily curriculum! This is an terrific school and I would love to see the school receive this financial support.

Posted April 08, 2013
Sycamore Rocks Elementary is a wonderful school. I have three children attending presently. One in 2nd, 4th & 6th. My children LOVE this school & their teachers! The annual school musical is AMAZING thanks to the teachers that stay AFTER school most of the year working with the kids, costumes, props etc........ The music teacher is super & my two older children love being in chorus. I have loads of beautiful art projects that my children have made during the school year. Mrs. Beckman is a GREAT principal & she loves this school & the children. NATURALLY there are tests that have to be taken, this IS a school. The only thing I wish I could change are the budget cuts!!!

Posted June 21, 2012
Please,.........please, don t call this a School of Arts. That s an insult to the Arts and Education. It should be called the Sycamore Rocks School of Tests. It is a school of tests, and these kids will be great test takers. This perverse obsession with tests looks great for the ancient principal/control freak (who needs to retire), but is it good for students education? Are these children laying a groundwork to become truly educated? Teachers want to do more, but are in continual test prep mode. This top down approach is not friendly for innovative ideas or parents participation who are generally not welcome on campus but the campus sure looks great and the busses run on time! LOL. A testament to public school failure as it shows how appearances are deceiving!!!!

Posted January 15, 2012
This is the worst school, we have ever attended. The teachers are over stressed by the principal. She is so caught up in her scores and numbers that she forgets they are kids. There is a warped sense of discipline. If you are picked on, you too are in trouble; you must have done something to deserve to be bullied. No Love and Logic here! Over half the school goes through the learning center. As far as the music program. A lot of "music" time is spent with the music teacher helping the kids with reading. The Principal would rather hold children back than get them extra help. It makes her test scores look better having an 8 year old take a test geared for a 7 year old. There is no school spirit or fun days the campus has an overall negative feel. I believe this could be a wonderful school if the Principal would retire. IT S TIME! This is your public school nightmare.

Posted December 01, 2009

Sycamore Rocks Elementary School 2

Posted November 13, 2009

Sycamore Rocks Elementary School
23450 South Road, Apple Valley, CA  92307
Last modified Sycamore Rocks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sycamore Rocks Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top