Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

It is unfortunate that racism is tolerated at Sycamore Rocks and that there is no explanation why it is wrong and unacceptable in today's society. Also that the principal did not even care to inform the parents of their child's offensive behavior. My beautiful, smart African American child no longer attends Sycamore Rocks.

I loved this school when my kids starting going there but now the new principle changes the things that were working great at the school.The old principles Mrs Beckman was strict but atleast she handle business.The pick up is a nightmare and the drop off is not fast at all, it seems to get worse every year.The parents throw up there hands over parking and act like idiots even when the cop is there ....totally going downhill.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Most of the teachers do a good job but the bad ones are very awful.

Amount of homework: Disagree

depending on the teacher you get ,it could be a wonderful year or an awful one

As of the new school year, August 2015, this school has had a new Principle. I see a lot of reviews criticize the previous Principle and they are absolutely right. Our son is in special ed and the previous Principle absolutely hated anybody that was not perfect in both academics and behavior. Decide for yourself whether the Princple's retirement coincided with the school being placed in special measures due to falling API scores. I also notice that the GreatSchools rating has fallen to 7 out of 10. I can't quite remember if it was 9 out of 10 or 8 when we moved here 1.5 years ago. That said, the 2015-16 academic year is now in the hands of a new Principle, one from a nearby well performing school. Two months in and her attitude has increased parent, teacher, and student morale no end. Special ed has improved dramatically, and the reason it was lacking before had nothing to do with the professionals running it: it was entirely due to the old Principle sidelining it to the point of oblivion. The sad thing is, the old Principle failed to realize that sometimes the most autistic children are also the ones that would have increased her API scores the most... Let's hope Sycamore Rocks manages to get back to where it was!

This school is terrible. I pulled both my kids out of this school last year and home schooled them the last half of the year because all the problems we were having. Let me start with the preschool program...when Mrs. Regalado was the lead teacher she was amazing with the kids and my son loved going to school. She wasn't there last year and the 2 teachers they brought in to help the new lead teacher were absolutely terrible. My son was scared to go to school everyday. I didn't understand why until I heard them speaking badly about my son in front of him. They sat there and said there was something wrong with him and then wondered why he didn't want to participate or listen to them. Would you listen if someone was speaking badly about you? Then there's the Kindergarten teachers. I'm sure not all the teachers are bad but there are a few that scream at the children at morning recess. When the kids are playing on the kindergarten playground you can hear these teachers screaming from the street. My daughter was also being bullied by some girls at lunch time. They would take her food, throw it on the floor, and tell her to fetch like a dog. When I went to the principal about this matter they ended up putting my daughter at the detention table at lunch time instead of the children that were doing the bullying. I was livid!!! Do yourselves a favor and avoid this school.

I really love this school for my child. She has always had wonderful teachers who genuinely seem to care. My only complaint is the principal who should have retired years ago. She is haughty and has a very unapproachable and hard demeanor. Definitely not kid friendly.

I am so happy that I found the school for my children it has done wonders especially for my middle child he went from being behind to where he needs to be and then some all of the teachers are so easy to talk to the principal is very friendly she always has a smile on her face the ladies in the office are wonderful as well the campus is always clean the art fair each year is just super fun for the kids and for the families to get together even back to school nite is very well put together and fun for the family

Sycamore a Rocks is a beautiful campus with exceptional teachers. My only complaint is the principal. She has absolutely no people skills and has no business overseeing teachers much less children.

Exceptional in all academic area's. I highly suggest Sycamore Rocks to anyone looking for a K-6...wonderful enriching school

Last modified Sycamore Rocks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.