PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 07, 2015
The longevity of the teachers' presence in this school speaks to their heart for this ministry and their heart for these kids

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted June 07, 2015
Cultivating character is such a high priority at this school.. Grit and determination is a byproduct of understanding that who they are is being lovingly shaped by who they are in Christ and that because he is faithful they can learn perseverance to face challenges both in and out of school

Develops respect: Agree

Posted June 07, 2015
Students gain self-respect, respect for peers, and for teachers through a sense of responsibility for their own actions through vigilant accountability.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted June 07, 2015
In elementary school they offer awards for students that demonstrate compassion. They also include students in various community service projects.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 07, 2015
Because the ultimate objective of educating kids at this school is to acquire knowledge, but more importantly to cultivate character. WHO they are is valued far more than WHAT type of grades they receive.

Posted June 07, 2015
AVC supports the mind and heart of each child. This school is a refreshing contrast to competing public schools. The small class sizes create collaborative environments where students are more than just a number but can be valued for the unique individual that they are. When students recognize that they are loved and cared for, they can truly thrive.

Apple Valley Christian School 2

Posted May 22, 2014
I attended AVC for 12 years and graduated there. I would not recommend this school. I had friends at both Apple Valley HS and Granite Hills HS who said AVC students generally had a reputation in the community of being a bunch of snobs and hypocrites, and as a whole were not Christian leaders committed to excellence. My classmates treated each other horribly I think the average kid would actually have a better experience at a public school. The school claims to offer quality Christian education but their Bible class is a philosophy class where they rarely even open the Bible. Despite graduating with straight A s at AVC, when I started attending a State university I felt under-prepared in math and science, and my writing skills were also lacking. Overall, I believe the school lacks in academic quality and Christian emphasis. That being said, I still don t think AVC is a horrible school, but your kids can do much better somewhere other than there.

Posted April 29, 2014
We would do anything to keep all 5 of our kiddos at Apple Valley Christian! The students, staff and parents pour their lives into our students making t Apple Valley Christian the ideal learning environment both educationally and spiritually. We are blessed to call AVCS ours!!!

Posted April 12, 2014
Is a great and wonderful school, when I arrived there I feel like my own home, all the teacher and the students are able for help you with whatever you need! Is a good Christian school, because you can see God in everything, and they make you think about what God do for us, and how you can live a life that is good for you, without sin and in God's way! I really love this is school, and I'm a foreign student, so this school help me a lot when I arrived there.

Posted April 12, 2014
I went to this school myself from 4th grade until graduating in 1997, and now I teach here and my two boys attend the school as well. The heart of this school is in the people and in Who they follow - the Lord Jesus Christ governs everything about this school. This means that every single thing, whether it be curriculum, parent-teacher interaction, discipline, sports, learning - all is done in excellence, by the help and grace of God. Because of what I see happening in the lives of the students at this school, I see hope for the future. God is at work in this place, in the lives of the family at Apple Valley Christian School. I recommend this school wholeheartedly for any age.

22230 Ottawa Rd, Apple Valley, CA 92308, Apple Valley, CA  92345
Last modified Apple Valley Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Apple Valley Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top