K-8|Private

Bad
Good

We've had an amazing experience at TLCS. Both of our girls have gone there since kindergarten. One of my daughters was in the second class to graduate through 8th grade. She did wonderfully academically and entered the public high school in all honors (and now AP) classes. I feel Twin Lakes prepared her quite well for the rigors of high school, academically. And my other daughter is currently a middle schooler there, and loves it so much, she's rueing the day she has to start public high school. The thing about Twin Lakes is not only is it safe, but your kids feel well-loved and known. The classes are small enough, that even in the middle school the teachers are very involved and know these kids and help support them in their strengths and weaknesses. Also, Mrs. Imel, the principal is amazing and caring and involved. I'm so glad we were able to send our girls here, it's been an amazing experience.

After attending TLCS, my child went to public high school. He was confident, prepared and grounded academically and spiritually. I credit Twin Lakes for this! He was loved, nurtured and challenged during his time there. I could not be happier with this school and what it provided for him. The staff is incredible. Their love for God and the kids is evident and genuine. Highly recommend it!!

Our son went to TLCS for a number of years before they had a junior high. Our daughter has been at the school since kindergarten and will be part of the first 8th grade graduation class. We couldn't be more pleased with their education over the years. Far superior to other Santa Cruz County alternatives - which we also researched via site visits. Highly recommended!

This school is amazing! We absolutely love the community here. Our kids have been challenged by the teachers and loved by them as well. The principal is available and approachable. We could not be happier. The smaller middle school has been a tremendous blessing as well.

I rarely ever take the time to comment on websites such as these. Heck, I don't even comment much on Yelp. However, after my son finished his tenure as a student at Twin Lakes Christian School, he was heartbroken that he had to leave. Let's face it, many private schools have their fair share of problems. In fact, my family suffered from many bad experiences prior to arriving at TLCS. Once there, we immediately could sense that something was different about this school. The teachers are incredible. Not only jovial, caring leaders, but also great educators who lovingly challenge each student to exceed their own expectations. The campus is peaceful and safe. Never once was I concerned for my child's safety. And don't even get me started about the food. My boy hated it when I tried to pack him a lunch! Not even Nostradamus could have predicted that my kid would have loved hot lunch so much! These are just a few of the reasons why TLCS was our home for many years & if you send your child here I promise you won't regret it.

This school is not accredited. By anyone. Teachers regularly resign. Academic standards are not rigorous.

My daughter has had such a wonderful experience of her Elementary School years because of Twin Lakes Christian School. She began in Kindergarten and is now in the 6th grade. What I appreciate most about Twin Lakes is that my daughter is not being introduced to the vulgarities of public school (drugs, language, sex) and is staying innocent just a little bit longer.

Our son started at Twin Lakes this year as a fifth-grader. He felt at home immediately. The fifth grade teacher is wonderful. Our son came from a very challenging private school and was still challenged academically at Twin Lakes. We are looking forward to sixth grade, when every student has his/her own laptop computer. Also, the art classes are great, as are singing and some drama. Lastly, the principal is very organized, motivated and always available to parents and students.

Twin lakes is a great school with awesom staff. The teaches are very smart and really nice.I recommend this school truly.

Our daughter loves Twin Lakes Christian School, and so do we! Every teacher we've ever had has been wonderful. The level of education our daughter is receiving is better than she would receive at the nearby public schools, plus she still has the extras like PE, art, music, an on-campus library, recess, hot lunches, and chapel. We love the small class sizes and the closeness of the parental community. This is Principal Imel's first year at TLCS and she's already made some great changes. Most of all, we love sending our daughter to a Christ-centered school. It's okay to pray at this school.

Last modified Twin Lakes Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-8