Arcadia, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted September 14, 2013
Pear Preparatory is a wonderful school! The students have the opportunity to go on a field trip each month. They even have the opportinuty to go on longer Science Camp Field Trips; upto 3 days for the older grades! They have a wonderful Arts programs as well and the performances are magnificent. Pearl Preparatory has small classroom sizes which allows each student to have the attention from their teachers that they need in order to be successful. They also have a very convenient and excellently run morning and after school Day Care program. At the after school program, the students are given a quiet atmosphere in order to complete their homework. All of the staff at Pearl Preparatory are highly experienced to work with children!

Posted September 10, 2013
As a former student and current teacher at Pearl Prep, I have been afforded a unique opportunity to see the positive impact this school has had on many children, including myself. The staff is just as dedicated to providing an exceptional learning experience now as they were when I attended. Small class sizes allow every student to receive the support they need in order to be successful both in and out of the classroom. At Pearl, learning goes beyond the text book and encourages students to think independently as they participate in many engaging activities. I highly recommend this school to parents who are looking to build a strong foundation to help their child excel as they continue along their educational journey.

Posted August 06, 2013
Pearl Prep is A+ from top to bottom. The complete staff from principal to teachers to office staff are a great group who are down to earth hardworking and obviously have a passion for teaching and molding children. Having come from a public school the small class sizes give my children the opportunity to have a tremendously unique classroom experience. My children are constantly encouraged to step out of the box and embark on adventures of music, art, and field trips that without Pearl Prep would be unseen to them. Pearl Prep is giving my chilren tools that will for sure help ithem in their future. But it's the love of learning and the daily smiles across their faces that tell my wife and I that biggest impact may be in TODAY.

Posted May 22, 2012
I trust the staff at Pearl! They are absolutely the best! I feel my children were challenged and nurtured here at the same time. It's such a well rounded curriculum with so much extra stuff! - - - field trips, drama, choir, band, honors classes! If you are planning to put your child in a private school, the tuition at Pearl is very reasonable. If you aren't sure about it.... just go for a tour! I'm so happy that we found Pearl!

Posted April 24, 2012
I have had 5 children in Pearl Prep. My children are all very different in respect to behavior and academics. This wonderful school was able to challenge them all and my husband and I are very happy with the results. One of my children was seriously ill and the school bent over backwards to help out. What was a very hard time ended up being a very special and memorable time. Both my boys and girls enjoyed the classwork and PE programs. Also, to have a school associated with the Kare Youth League is totally awesome. It's a win win situation. My children are 16 years to 26 years old. Two have graduated from college, one is pursuing a College degree and one is a Senior set to attend Cal Fullerton in September and the youngest is a A student in High School. If you want happy, well-rounded children, Pearl Prep is the place to send your child. It is worth working multiple jobs to do it.

Posted April 24, 2012
Thank you Pearl for giving my four children such a great start! All of them had a great experience and were both encouraged and well educated. My eldest has graduated from UCLA and will attend Columbia as she continues her education. My other daughter is a President's Scholar and because of her experence at Pearl, desires to become an elementary school teacher. My son has just started at Cal State Fullerton and is doing very well and my youngest son is a Junior at Rio Hondo Prep and is involved in a number of AP classes. Pearl certainly had a lot to do with their success, both in education and the young people they have become.

Posted April 24, 2012
Pearl Prep has been wonderful for our family! We wanted a school that would provide a great educational foundation as well as traditional values and I found it! My child is excited about going to school, and loves her teachers and classmates. The entire staff is wonderful - they really care about the kids. It is such a positive enviroment, and there is a sense of community that wouldn't be possible at a larger school. The curriculum at Pearl is excellent; they have extra opportunities and incentives for kids who are above grade level and need to be challenged. Pearl has given my child a great start on her reading and math skills. I am extremely happy with the entire Pearl Prep experience.

Posted April 24, 2012
I have had 3 children attend Pearl and the youngest will be graduating from 5th grade this year. Their experiences at the school have been fantastic. They have had small classes where they get encouragement and instruction that puts them above grade level. They take field trips that reenforce what they were learning and do high interest hands on activities to back up the paper and pencil work. They receive training on computers so that my Middle School and High School boys are easily able to keep up with the technology demands of upper grades and are honor students. The teachers at Pearl are kind, creative and make elementary school a place my kids want to be. I will miss all the musical programs and experiences my daughter has had when she graduates in June. But I am thankful for the great foundation all my children have received at Pearl and my husband, and I highly recommend this school.

Posted March 04, 2012
My daughter is a transfer student to Pearl Prep. She was in a private school for first grade and then for the first half of second grade I homeschooled her. We decided to put her at Pearl Prep on a recommendation from a friend plus the fact that she missed being in school. I can't say enough about Pearl Prep. The principal, teachers, staff and children are all wonderful. Everything from before/after day care to administering medications is very well organized and made easy for parents. They have excellent field trips and an excellerated math program that is individualized. My second grade daughter loves her teacher and new friends. It is amazing to see that my daughter actually looks forward to going to school! Small class sizes and caring teachers make this an environment I recommend to all parents seeeking a school that is safe, educational and fun!

Pearl Preparatory School 4

Posted April 27, 2006
If you are looking for a great elementary sschool, this is it! My son is a 4th grader this year. We love this school. Everyone is wonderful from the office staff, principal, teachers, and after-school staff. It is too bad that my son has only 1 more year left...yes, it is only a K-5 school. Teachers are approachable and easy to talk to and very supportive. It is a nurturing and caring environment. Ms. Prest, the 4th grade teacher, is wonderful. She makes learning fun and keeps lessons interesting. You really feel valued and appreciated at this school. Now if only I can find a middle school that is this good!

Pearl Preparatory School
1307 E. Longden Ave., Arcadia, CA  91731
Last modified Pearl Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades K-5
Pearl Preparatory School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top