9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Arroyo Pacific Academy is a school whose main focus is the nurturing of the individual student's talents. Each student has a study hall teacher/academic advisor who advises them, often on a daily basis, as to their progress in each of their scheduled classes. The ratio of students to teachers allows for an environment that encourages the students to be self advocates and speak to their teachers to meet their specific questions or needs. Arroyo Pacific Academy is a wonderful college preparatory high school for students who want that small school vibe with a highly supportive community.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The APA Expected School-wide Learning Results, through out the curriculum, teach the students to be collaborative workers, critical thinkers, lifelong learners, and responsible citizens.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers at APA provide course guidance in and outside of the classroom threw differentiated learning modules and experiential learning paths.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Homework is an opportunity for the students to better grasp new concepts and demonstrate mastery of those learned ideals.

Although my son initially loved being at Arroyo Pacific Academy this fall, it became clear that the mission of serving two populations, an overwhelming majority of international Asian students and a small minority of domestic students with learning challenges, was a mission did not totally address the needs of our child. We felt that our son would be more successful returning to his previous school whose main focus is working with (domestic) children with ADHD and other learning challenges. Each student has different needs; please make sure this is the right "fit" for your child.

I highly recommend Arroyo Pacific Academy! My youngest daughter spent 4 successful years there & graduated recently. She had always struggled academically, but flourished at Arroyo, due to their smaller classroom sizes & the individual attention she received from her teachers. I loved how the teachers helped the students stay organized & focused, & kept the students accountable & responsible for their school work. As a result, my daughter mastered subjects she could never grasp before! Her grades went from C s and D s to B s and a few A s, (which was quite an accomplishment). I spent a lot of time volunteering, so I could see how things were run. I was impressed with the teachers & just about everything overall! We felt so lucky to have found such a special school. I liked that whether your teen was on the Ivy League path or on the remedial studies path, all received the best curriculum suited for them. My daughter loved her high school years & had many positive experiences. She made many lasting friendships & especially enjoyed the international students. She still corresponds with many & hopes to visit them soon, (in their native country)!

I had the worst experience with this school. The teachers are not teaching. They give you worksheets in the class. The majority of the students here are international students. You always can see people fighting, smoking...

I am currently a senior at Arroyo Pacific Academy and I have been a student there since I was a freshman. This school changed my life in so many amazing ways and it has given me a love for learning that I will never lose. I wish every high school could be like mine but that's what makes APA so amazing, my late assignments never go unnoticed and they always get done promptly. During my middle and elementary years I was consistent C/D student and an underachiever but now I'm in two AP classes and got to calculus. I couldn't feel more accepted and have never been happier than I am at Arroyo Pacific Academy. The teachers and administration are welcoming and accommodating and quite honestly inspiring. NowI want to be a teacher at a school like or at APA. This school is life changing in every positive way.

My two sons both graduated from APA. One of them went on to a large UC campus and the other to a small private liberal arts college. They are both doing well academically and are very responsible,caring young adults. The small classes, strong academics and amazing faculty at Arroyo Pacific all contributed to making them them the fine young men that they are today. Even though it has been more than 6 years since the younger graduated from APA, our entire family feels a strong connection to APA. It provided my children with the environment and type of education that I wish I had received.

I am currently a student at arroyo pacific academy and i can confidently say it is one of the best out there. AP provides direct and personal teaching which helps students understand and learn the material- as opposed to spacing out to a tedious lecture. Its a great school for everyone regardless of learning disabilities or past troubles. They have great academics and the student body generally receives good grades, add that and a strong loving staff as well as a close kind community wraps it up into one big casserole of awesome. I recommend AP to everyone!

Last modified Arroyo Pacific Academy is a Private school that serves grades 9-12