Posted August 18, 2011
Good school. My son started when he was 3 1/2 and ended when he was 5 1/2. He was a little behind in his motor skills, and he had limited English skills. As a bilingual family, we did not focus on English at home when he started here. This school spends a lot of time focusing on academics. If you want your kids to excel academically, this is the place. They spend a lot of time reviewing the basics English & Math skills. The teachers are caring & do try to spend time with the kids. We do recommend Ms. Joannie for Kindergarten, she is very attentive and caring. They have a very large playground. Their only negative is they don't focus on sports or creative time as much, but their academics are good so if that is your focus, this is the place. Also, if you have kids that are either behind or are new to the US and are not native English speakers, I think they do a good job in bringing the kid up to speed so they can be ready for Grades 1 and beyond.

Posted June 17, 2011
I wish there is a negative star rating ; the ONE star was for the dedicated teachers who are underpaid. My child had been attending the school for 3 years. It started off well; he had loving teachers and caring director. Then things started to get worse. Teachers were leaving (HIGH turnover rate) and those who stayed were unhappy and not motivated. My child changed teacher TWICE within the first half of his school year. The only thing I like about the school now is the big open playground. I went there once during lunch time and MY LORD, they were having the SAME exact lunch from the day before!!! Lately, my child has been doing the same worksheets over and over again, which according to the new director, they were reviewing (apparently for 3 months straight) so much about their very academic approach and what made me SO ANGRY was seeing a staff who was supervising the children in the evening with her eyes on the cell phone INSIDE the office. And she once allowed a child (boy) to use the men s room BY HIMSELF during a fieldtrip and walked away from the restroom until a parent volunteer went and checked on him. I m glad I found other option for my child. PARENTS, BEWARE!

Posted September 29, 2010
Not worth the time or money. Very poor supervision from "qualified" staff. Would not recommend at all. Poor academic program.

Posted July 22, 2010
Arcadia Children's Educational Center is the Best, my son is attending in preschool. we are happy that he has improved his speaking ability within one year. They teach kids not only maths, but also literature and speaking, my son love his teacher. Their teachers are excellent, and get formal BS and MS training. My son loves to go to school every day. When our family have unexpected difficulties, Principle Mrs. Simon gave us full support to help us out. She blessed us with warm-hearted generosity, and she told us that we should not get our son involved.

Posted November 02, 2009
My 4 year-old son has been attending this school for more than a year. The principal, Mrs. Simon, and the teachers are all very caring and dedicated. My son is the over-active kind who had trouble paying attention and following when he started there. As a result, he was lacking behind in his academic skills like counting and handwriting. Mrs. Simon and the teachers went above and beyond to spend one-on-one time every day with my son to help him catch up. My son has shown a lot of improvement and he is very excited to go to school and see his teachers. I cannot say enough about the dedication and the commitment of the school and the teachers to the well-being and education of the children there.

Posted November 01, 2009
My son attended this preschool from 2005-2007, and my daughter attended from 2007-2009. This school, beginning with its director, always took our childern's safety and education very seriously as it does with every student. Both of our children enjoyed their experiences at the school and we never had any problems. Academic standards are high, and a loving and nurturing environment is provided. Our daughter had some special needs and the school went out of its way to help nurture her and help her grow which we appreciated. Throughout the four years our kids were there, we were always kept informed as to our children's progress. I highly recommend Arcadia Children's Educational Center with no reservations whatsoever.

Posted October 18, 2009
My 4 year old son attended this school and was hurt badly on the back of his head that required 6 stitches. This school is unbelievably irresponsible. They have inadequate supervision when the kids are playing at the playground. I would not recommend this school. Management and communication are poor. Most importantly, this school does not provide the basics of secure, loving and nurturing environment for the kids.

Arcadia Children's Educational Center 3

Posted September 09, 2008
My daughter went there for three years. I really like the area of the school location - quiet residential area. But I think the quality of teaching and school in general is deteriorating due to owner's resistance to pay teachers well. Thus teachers turnover rate is really high and it's hard to keep teachers happy and motivated. You will not see teachers staying there more than a year or two. I don't see as many students enrolled as when my daughter went there, unless she improves the salary of teachers, it's going to keep going downhill. It's sad because I really liked the curriculum they have... I have a toddler and at this point I will have to look elsewhere.

Arcadia Children's Educational Center 0

Posted August 14, 2008
What a great school. My daughter loves it! The Director and owner are always at the school and they have great programs. Lots if fresh fruit and milk for lunch.

Posted June 29, 2007
My son has gone to ACEC for three years. The playgrounds are huge and the hot lunch is great. Most teachers have degrees and they teach a combination academic study and social development. My son was well prepared to enter first grade after leaving kindergarten here.

Arcadia Children's Educational Center
9845 East Lemon Avenue, Arcadia, CA  91007
Last modified Arcadia Children's Educational Center is a Private school that serves grade K
Arcadia Children's Educational Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top