Arcadia High School 5

Posted July 28, 2014
Great teachers, hardworking students, modern campus in a nice community. If the student is willing work hard, he or she will be rewarded with a great education.

Arcadia High School 4

Posted May 23, 2014
I'm a student of the Class of 2014 so I'm literally going to graduate very soon from this school. I was never competitive -- I'm a procrastinator in fact and I haven't joined many clubs or extracurricular activities compared to the others of my year, but I really think it's a great school. Sure some teachers don't teach (or know how to), but the many teachers that do know how to teach and teach extraordinarily amazingly make it up. Plus, the many activities a person can do here brings everyone together -- I literally made friends with people upon first meeting here. The student body's not only overall friendly and united, but more diverse than what one would expect from a somewhat Asian-dominated place. We're rivals, but that doesn't stop us all from reaching out and being friends. There's no bullying here. There's a lot of resources here, too, and though I never been to the counselors before, they do have a lot of pamphlets and career information in the Career Center. Don't forget that the Arcadia Public Library which has an enormous source of information is just across the street, available to anyone who needs it. The giant Arcadia Park and Golf Course is too. Great environment.

Arcadia High School 3

Posted February 24, 2014
AHS offers many quality clubs, classes and sports opportunities for students. As others have said AHS offers both excellent teachers and some exceptionally poor ones. The counselors have improved. However, as others have also mentioned, the administration, starting with Principal Forsee, is a major weak point. They are arrogant, unfriendly, and you have to wonder how many of them are out for either students, teachers, or parents. Sometimes, it feels like an us against them environment. After interacting with them recently, I've given serious thought to taking my kids out and putting them into a private school.

Arcadia High School 2

Posted October 26, 2013
Graduated from this school last year, going to a good college out of state- but that was out of my own personal efforts. The school itself has it's share of great and horrible teachers, some really push students to do their best, some don't care at all. Hi level competition can be a good thing, pushes some students to excel in academics, sports, and clubs, but also causes other students to become depressed or give up on trying. The administration is horrible, administrators claim credit for the achievements of students and remove staff who don't fit their narrow-minded perspective of high school(look up coach Jim Obrien)

Arcadia High School 3

Posted August 25, 2013
Great teachers, great learning environment, but extremely competitive due to the overwhelming number of students.

Arcadia High School 1

Posted August 03, 2013
The school has many stuck-up students and teachers that don't care about their students' progress.

Arcadia High School 5

Posted October 01, 2012
I love AHS, I really do. Sure you do have to push yourself to try your hardest, but isn't that a positive trait? I am a lot better off than some of my friends who went to MHS or TCHS who are now struggling in college because they were never taught to push themselves to take APs or higher level courses. Honestly, college is a breeze for me because all the classes I've taken have for the last 12 years has prepared me for what I'm experiencing right now. I'm glad I pushed myself because all the work that I've done in volunteering, clubs, and academics earned me nearly $20,000 in merit based and academic scholarships from multiple schools. Schools fought to have me join their ranks because they see my school and know what I am capable of the work I can do. Everyone has heard of AHS because of our strong academic and performing arts teams, and they know our dedication and our abilities to go above and beyond what we're expected to do. Talking to the Dean of Admissions at Harvey Mudd made that apparent when he told me that the AHS kids are some of the hardest working students he has at the school, and they never want to pass them up.

Arcadia High School 4

Posted April 07, 2012
An okay school! I like all the people and most of the teachers at the High School! But some don't teach at all. The High School could improve a little bit about firing the teachers that don't teach. Well at least most of the teachers still teach though.

Arcadia High School 1

Posted January 27, 2012
I worked there for many years. There is much chaos and little accountability for both the administrators and the support staff. I felt that they were doing an injustice to the students and parents.

Arcadia High School 2

Posted January 27, 2012
Teachers do not encourage students to work, while most of them resort to private tutors to understand the lesson. That's why their test scores are so high. The high test score is absolutely not a results of the so called guidance counseling staff, AP nor the teachers. Students have to seek knowledge about colleges and AP information by themselves. The school fascilities are horrible. Football players for instance has no water to bath after practice in the morning. Can you imagine the kids have nowhere to eat at lunch? They eat with chipmunks on the dirty lawn.

Arcadia High School
180 Campus Drive, Arcadia, CA  91007
Last modified Arcadia High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arcadia High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 118 reviews. Top