Arcadia, CA
Students enrolled: 3,665

Posted January 28, 2015
The school needs to find a way of controlling the number of students coming in from neighboring cities. It has reached a level where it has become unmanageable. Parents really need to bring this to the school's attention.

Arcadia High School 1

Posted January 26, 2015
The school is overcrowded mostly because there are a lot of people from Monrovia and Duarte attending. The administration is managing by crisis. What a mess.

Arcadia High School 4

Posted January 24, 2015
Not sure how this school was like 6-24 years ago, but I keep faith our school is improving over the years. Our administrative and counseling aren't after all bad this year! We're getting to improvements from 1 counselor or each different groups/weak counseling team into 2 counselors in each different group, and from a weak and arrogant administrative into really nice and sympathetic people! As far as we're improving (especially teachers improve), our administrative can still investigate on more "bad teachers" that need to actually be fired or downgraded to substitutes (to try to sound nicer) and bringing in better/more capable teachers. They as well can add more supervisors/securities to our campus and locker rooms, plus improving some of our "old" facilities. As far as our Counseling team has increased and improved, we can still add in more counselors (like 1 or 2 more) so they have less names to learn and have more time to assist students with their needs... Otherwise, overall, Arcadia High School is one capable school, if we continue more thorough investigations and if more reforms can be made, but I'm still glad to be an Arcadia High School Apache! ;-)
2 people found this helpful

Posted July 28, 2014
Great teachers, hardworking students, modern campus in a nice community. If the student is willing work hard, he or she will be rewarded with a great education.

Arcadia High School 4

Posted May 23, 2014
I'm a student of the Class of 2014 so I'm literally going to graduate very soon from this school. I was never competitive -- I'm a procrastinator in fact and I haven't joined many clubs or extracurricular activities compared to the others of my year, but I really think it's a great school. Sure some teachers don't teach (or know how to), but the many teachers that do know how to teach and teach extraordinarily amazingly make it up. Plus, the many activities a person can do here brings everyone together -- I literally made friends with people upon first meeting here. The student body's not only overall friendly and united, but more diverse than what one would expect from a somewhat Asian-dominated place. We're rivals, but that doesn't stop us all from reaching out and being friends. There's no bullying here. There's a lot of resources here, too, and though I never been to the counselors before, they do have a lot of pamphlets and career information in the Career Center. Don't forget that the Arcadia Public Library which has an enormous source of information is just across the street, available to anyone who needs it. The giant Arcadia Park and Golf Course is too. Great environment.

Arcadia High School 3

Posted February 24, 2014
AHS offers many quality clubs, classes and sports opportunities for students. As others have said AHS offers both excellent teachers and some exceptionally poor ones. The counselors have improved. However, as others have also mentioned, the administration, starting with Principal Forsee, is a major weak point. They are arrogant, unfriendly, and you have to wonder how many of them are out for either students, teachers, or parents. Sometimes, it feels like an us against them environment. After interacting with them recently, I've given serious thought to taking my kids out and putting them into a private school.

Arcadia High School 2

Posted October 26, 2013
Graduated from this school last year, going to a good college out of state- but that was out of my own personal efforts. The school itself has it's share of great and horrible teachers, some really push students to do their best, some don't care at all. Hi level competition can be a good thing, pushes some students to excel in academics, sports, and clubs, but also causes other students to become depressed or give up on trying. The administration is horrible, administrators claim credit for the achievements of students and remove staff who don't fit their narrow-minded perspective of high school(look up coach Jim Obrien)

Arcadia High School 3

Posted August 25, 2013
Great teachers, great learning environment, but extremely competitive due to the overwhelming number of students.

Arcadia High School 1

Posted August 03, 2013
The school has many stuck-up students and teachers that don't care about their students' progress.
2 people found this helpful

Posted October 01, 2012
I love AHS, I really do. Sure you do have to push yourself to try your hardest, but isn't that a positive trait? I am a lot better off than some of my friends who went to MHS or TCHS who are now struggling in college because they were never taught to push themselves to take APs or higher level courses. Honestly, college is a breeze for me because all the classes I've taken have for the last 12 years has prepared me for what I'm experiencing right now. I'm glad I pushed myself because all the work that I've done in volunteering, clubs, and academics earned me nearly $20,000 in merit based and academic scholarships from multiple schools. Schools fought to have me join their ranks because they see my school and know what I am capable of the work I can do. Everyone has heard of AHS because of our strong academic and performing arts teams, and they know our dedication and our abilities to go above and beyond what we're expected to do. Talking to the Dean of Admissions at Harvey Mudd made that apparent when he told me that the AHS kids are some of the hardest working students he has at the school, and they never want to pass them up.

Arcadia High School
180 Campus Drive, Arcadia, CA  91007
Last modified Arcadia High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arcadia High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 120 reviews. Top