Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

My daughter is 1st grader at Baldwin Stocker. This school has an excellent safety system and the teacher, she is very nice!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Mrs. Curone-Ronney is an super good teacher. My daughter is so lucky to have her!!!

My daughter shared with me since the 1st day of school that "Mom I love this school because it 's clean and everybody is so nice!!!

Develops character: Strongly disagree

They state that the Character Counts program is very important to them, however in practice they fail to hold their students up to that standard by not addressing bullying.

It is difficult to determine whether students do well academically mainly because of the school, since so many students at this school attend private afterschool programs where they receive tutoring and support. Having worked in schools myself, the work students are doing in the classroom is not much different than in other schools, and in my experience neither is the teacher support. We were very disappointed with how our child’s teacher handled poor peer relationships, despite our seeking her support throughout the school year. She actually stated that it matters who you know in the district. The Principal is not very approachable or proactive. The best part of the school is the PTA, because the yearly programming is pretty good. We are glad our child no longer attends this school and are very happy with the new school.

While the school was above average, I have a few things to say about the GATE program. The STAR test results put at least around 70% of the kids in the class at "Advanced" or "Proficient" level, but if you screen the kids based on GATE students, there are hardly one or two. At this score, you would expect more GATE students. My daughter studied at this school up to third grade, and the teacher never gave her a GATE recommendation, or any school literature that says the parent can recommend their children for GATE. When we moved to an equally good school district, she was referred to GATE program and was selected. Same thing happened with another friend of hers who moved- she is a GATE student now. I don't know if teachers want to stop of the burden of dealing with the GATE curriculum or cluster programs, or they simply aren't motivated, Baldwin Stocker school guards it's GATE program like a secret mission. I wish they opened up information and let the kids take the test, and let the standards decide their potential. Other good schools have at least 10-15% GATE students in every grade, where as this school lags behind.

i used to go to baldwin stocker and i loved it! :D the teachers are really nice and fun, and make learning awesome!!! thanks to my terrific 4th-5th grade teacher, who i cannot name but will say that she has a husband and three kids (she's still my favorite teacher!!!), i'm aspiring to go to harvard, get a double major in law and literature, and become a lawyer/author! kids at baldwin stocker are also REALLY nice towards everyone, especially new kids and kids who struggle a lot. last year, baldwin stocker won the California Distinguised School Award and the superintendant visited baldwin stocker!!! It's A.P.I. is also the 3rd highest IN CALIFORNIA and the highest in arcadia! kids who go to this great school will surely blossom into an intelligent, understanding new generation!

this is one of the best school in California . My son likes this school a lot.

The teachers and the staff are top notch. My child loves going to school at Baldwin Stocker. We are amazed by his education and his concern and compassion for his own community and fellow classmates.

Baldwin Stocker is a very good school. The teachers are good. New principal Ms. Hillman is very good. Great school!

Last modified Baldwin Stocker Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.