Arcadia, CA

Posted September 03, 2015
Just like the earlier messages state, the administration just doesn't care. We need to elect a school board that looks after the students and not solely there to protect the administration. The real problem is the school board.

Posted August 29, 2015
It was a big mistake to send my kid to this school, the administration would't answer any questions we had, the English teacher wouldn't grade the test and home work on time and she was busy to pursue her master degree, the math teacher constantly been changed and parents were not informed the reason, my kid didn't even have the math teacher for few weeks, really can not trust them to mentor my child.

Posted May 11, 2015
Really disappointed with this school. There are no support at all from administration or teachers. Communication between teachers to parents is catastrophic. My kid always says that he avoid to ask questions to her, because "She doesn't like that". Several times tried to contact with 6th grade teachers, but on 2nd or 3th e-mail they tried to change the tone. Now I can understand why my kid avoid to have any extra contact with her. Several times teachers indicated my kids assignments as late or missing... I was really surprised, because we always check homework. But last time we received from school the assignment, which was indicated as missing. There was even a grade on the paperwork, but that grade wasn't in the Power School website. Have fillings that they intentionally try to put kids down... I really cannot understand why... If you have chance to avoid this school, do that.

Posted May 11, 2015
Year is almost over. Still so disheartened by our experience. In talking to child and friends in their class, they've all mentioned their failed attempts on teacher to be there when they seek help or when she doesn't respond to emails, how this one teacher will make comments to the class telling them that she has a life. OK, that's great but you are also paid to teach too.

Posted May 11, 2015
I had been very excited for the new year at Foothills but so far it's been a disappointing experience. Principal/asst principal don't even say hi to parent volunteers who are there to help the school, the (inexperienced) teacher who assign study guides but never go over them before test and then when she gets asked for help, tells the students she "has a life" and will not always be there to help, teachers that show favoritism...

Posted April 27, 2015
This school is so bad that even the PTA president pulled her kid out and put him in a private school.

Posted February 20, 2015
Have not been impressed with this school. Do not find the administration helpful or friendly. Not much communication between teachers to parents. Feel that a kid is just a number here and teachers do not care if their student succeeds or fails. Often times when my child seeks help from teacher before school, teacher says "too busy" but offers no other time. How could students learn or do well on tests if the teacher does not have time to go over the study guide so students know if they got study guide correct?!

Foothills Middle School 5

Posted October 28, 2013
Foothills middle school, MAGNIFICANATA school. So many young thoughtful minds. If you live near Arcadia, send your kids to this school!

Foothills Middle School 4

Posted September 18, 2013
FMS is a good school. Academically, my children have done very well. Socially, it has been a little difficult at times, as they have experienced varying degrees of racism from some of the Chinese students. We have used it in an advantageous way, however. It has given the family an opportunity to discuss ways to confront it in a non-aggressive manner. In each situation my children faced, I will say, that the remarks made were not necessarily malicious or mean spirited but rather ignorant. The school could really benefit from quarterly seminars on racial tolerance.

Foothills Middle School
171 East Sycamore Avenue, Arcadia, CA  91006
Last modified Foothills Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Foothills Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top