Arcadia, CA

Posted May 11, 2015
Really disappointed with this school. There are no support at all from administration or teachers. Communication between teachers to parents is catastrophic. My kid always says that he avoid to ask questions to her, because "She doesn't like that". Several times tried to contact with 6th grade teachers, but on 2nd or 3th e-mail they tried to change the tone. Now I can understand why my kid avoid to have any extra contact with her. Several times teachers indicated my kids assignments as late or missing... I was really surprised, because we always check homework. But last time we received from school the assignment, which was indicated as missing. There was even a grade on the paperwork, but that grade wasn't in the Power School website. Have fillings that they intentionally try to put kids down... I really cannot understand why... If you have chance to avoid this school, do that.

Posted May 11, 2015
Year is almost over. Still so disheartened by our experience. In talking to child and friends in their class, they've all mentioned their failed attempts on teacher to be there when they seek help or when she doesn't respond to emails, how this one teacher will make comments to the class telling them that she has a life. OK, that's great but you are also paid to teach too.

Posted May 11, 2015
I had been very excited for the new year at Foothills but so far it's been a disappointing experience. Principal/asst principal don't even say hi to parent volunteers who are there to help the school, the (inexperienced) teacher who assign study guides but never go over them before test and then when she gets asked for help, tells the students she "has a life" and will not always be there to help, teachers that show favoritism...

Posted April 27, 2015
This school is so bad that even the PTA president pulled her kid out and put him in a private school.

Posted February 20, 2015
Have not been impressed with this school. Do not find the administration helpful or friendly. Not much communication between teachers to parents. Feel that a kid is just a number here and teachers do not care if their student succeeds or fails. Often times when my child seeks help from teacher before school, teacher says "too busy" but offers no other time. How could students learn or do well on tests if the teacher does not have time to go over the study guide so students know if they got study guide correct?!
3 people found this helpful

Posted October 28, 2013
Foothills middle school, MAGNIFICANATA school. So many young thoughtful minds. If you live near Arcadia, send your kids to this school!

Foothills Middle School 4

Posted September 18, 2013
FMS is a good school. Academically, my children have done very well. Socially, it has been a little difficult at times, as they have experienced varying degrees of racism from some of the Chinese students. We have used it in an advantageous way, however. It has given the family an opportunity to discuss ways to confront it in a non-aggressive manner. In each situation my children faced, I will say, that the remarks made were not necessarily malicious or mean spirited but rather ignorant. The school could really benefit from quarterly seminars on racial tolerance.

Posted September 11, 2013
FMS is an excellent middle school. All 3 of my daughters have or will have attended Foothills. You will be pushed to perform academically. This will only continue more at Arcadia HIgh. These are very competitive schools. Teachers are very good and work load appears to be manageable. There are many opportunities to participate in extra curricular activites. Many opportunities to make friends as well. The construction is a pain right now. I feel bad that my 8th grader will be in portables this year and will not be able to enjoy the new facility. My youngest, however, will be able to enjoy it!

Posted September 10, 2013
Foothills is great, my best tennage years EVER!!!!!!!! GO TO IT I AM NOT LYING!!!! MAKE GOOD FRIENDS, ENJOY THE LEARNING, IT WILL HELP YOU THROUGHOUT LIFE, I GOT INTO ALGEBRA HONORS IN 7TH GRADE AND THAT HELPED ME GET INTO STANFORD, AFTER THAT I BECAME AN INVENTOR AND INVENTED MANY THINGS THAT THIS SCHOOL USES, I STARTED INVENTING WHEN ONE OF THE TEACHERS ENCOURAGED ME!!!

Foothills Middle School
171 East Sycamore Avenue, Arcadia, CA  91006
Last modified Foothills Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Foothills Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top