Posted October 28, 2013
Foothills middle school, MAGNIFICANATA school. So many young thoughtful minds. If you live near Arcadia, send your kids to this school!

Foothills Middle School 4

Posted September 18, 2013
FMS is a good school. Academically, my children have done very well. Socially, it has been a little difficult at times, as they have experienced varying degrees of racism from some of the Chinese students. We have used it in an advantageous way, however. It has given the family an opportunity to discuss ways to confront it in a non-aggressive manner. In each situation my children faced, I will say, that the remarks made were not necessarily malicious or mean spirited but rather ignorant. The school could really benefit from quarterly seminars on racial tolerance.

Posted September 11, 2013
FMS is an excellent middle school. All 3 of my daughters have or will have attended Foothills. You will be pushed to perform academically. This will only continue more at Arcadia HIgh. These are very competitive schools. Teachers are very good and work load appears to be manageable. There are many opportunities to participate in extra curricular activites. Many opportunities to make friends as well. The construction is a pain right now. I feel bad that my 8th grader will be in portables this year and will not be able to enjoy the new facility. My youngest, however, will be able to enjoy it!

Posted September 10, 2013
Foothills is great, my best tennage years EVER!!!!!!!! GO TO IT I AM NOT LYING!!!! MAKE GOOD FRIENDS, ENJOY THE LEARNING, IT WILL HELP YOU THROUGHOUT LIFE, I GOT INTO ALGEBRA HONORS IN 7TH GRADE AND THAT HELPED ME GET INTO STANFORD, AFTER THAT I BECAME AN INVENTOR AND INVENTED MANY THINGS THAT THIS SCHOOL USES, I STARTED INVENTING WHEN ONE OF THE TEACHERS ENCOURAGED ME!!!

Posted January 27, 2012
Looking forward to all the forthcoming cosmetic improvements,besides that the school is fantastic.Better than local private schools

Posted May 16, 2011
Great experience at FMS. Almost all the teachers were caring, involved, and responsive to parents & kids. My student had great support -- but he sought it out., as did we. In other words, when he had difficulties, or when I thought he might be having difficulties, we spoke up and were well received. FMS is great for music, academics, and sports. To another reviewer's point, about 60+% of the students are Chinese, and non-Chinese kids may feel Odd man out. Great opportunities for parent volunteerism & involvement.

Posted December 03, 2009
As a curren attendet at Fms I Love Foothills. I like the sports and activities they provide, but I love the acedmic part aswell. Every single year at the end u take a cst, which is out of a 1000 total, and everyones points are average. Out of a 1000 the kids got 917 ranking top 10 on californias list for best schools and top 50 for United States. So 100% you should have your child fgo here.

Posted May 15, 2009
Great leadership skills in all grades in the middle school. My son a graduating senior decided to write a thesis about how he became a successful student and accredited FMS ans particularly one math teacher for his 'career' as a student. He is a straight A student and is going to USC with an accademic scholarship. Great music program, does need more leadership in the band though.. my freshman son is elated with the AHS marching band... but the school did keep him interested long enough to be in THE best high school marching band probably on the West coast. :)

Foothills Middle School 1

Posted May 02, 2009

Posted October 31, 2007

Foothills Middle School
171 East Sycamore Avenue, Arcadia, CA  91006
Last modified Foothills Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Foothills Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top